Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Comments (Page 927)

Showing posts 18,521 - 18,540 of21,182
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Tex, throwing our hands up in the air and saying everyone is bad, is no solution.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

As a communist, Forand has no legitimacy on Topix, his sources are all suspect, biased.If Forand located a fact that contradicted his extreme left wing dogma, he would instead locate a lie that backed his views.Typical of a fanatic.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
Tex, throwing our hands up in the air and saying everyone is bad, is no solution.
Just as dumb as crying someone is a communist without anything to substantiate it just because you disagree with what he post
waco1909 wrote:
As a communist, Forand has no legitimacy on Topix, his sources are all suspect, biased.If Forand located a fact that contradicted his extreme left wing dogma, he would instead locate a lie that backed his views.Typical of a fanatic.
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Not throwing up my hands, merely looking for a candidate somewhere that would actually attempt to do the job that they are elected to do. It is my firm belief that if we could take away the obsene salary, health care, and other over inflated perks and impose term limits we might get true patriots who want to make our nation return to what it was meant to be. I do not believe in voting straight party. Lets face it if you and I did our jobs the way our elected officials do theirs we would be out the door in short order.
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Well waco, you finaly got Barneys suck buddy up and at it again. Talk about dumb, those two are pros at it.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as dumb as crying someone is a communist without anything to substantiate it just because you disagree with what he post
<quoted text>
I've been checking Forand's posts for quite some time.THE evidence is irrefutable.Mind you, that doesn't mean that ALL of his sources are suspect, just a great majority of them.You're free to draw your own conclusions, but so far as I can tell, you are merely Forand's puppet, mindlessly backing him on all matters.Defiant, Texan and I disagree often.Because we are legitimate posters, not posers like you and the useless Forand.Too bad,sucka!
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

waco, Actually is on another post wanting to sell his and Barneys tin foil hats. Too funny. They can't be real, no way no how.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Texan wrote:
waco, Actually is on another post wanting to sell his and Barneys tin foil hats. Too funny. They can't be real, no way no how.
What, are you stalking him?????

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Dang wrote:
<quoted text> What, are you stalking him?????
"Dang", Texan is saying that"Actually"and "Forand" are on another post, not me.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

"The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power has directed an estimated $40 million in ratepayer money to two nonprofit groups charged with improving relations with the utility's largest employee union, but the agency claims to have scant information on how the public funds have been spent.

The Joint Training Institute and the Joint Safety Institute, controlled by DWP managers and union leaders, have received up to $4 million per year since their creation more than a decade ago after a contentious round of job cutbacks at one of the nation's largest municipal utilities.

Nearly all of the nonprofits' money comes from DWP ratepayers, records show. About $1 million per year has been used to pay the salaries of a handful of administrators, according to the limited records the utility has provided to The Times under the California Public Records Act. Separate federal tax records offer only summaries of the organizations' outlays, including more than $360,000 spent on travel from 2009 to 2011.

Officials at the nonprofits, the DWP and the employees' union, Local 18 of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, declined to be interviewed about the institutes' activities and spending." Any wonder California is broke.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> "Dang", Texan is saying that"Actually"and "Forand" are on another post, not me.
Thank you, I was confused and far away.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Dang wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, I was confused and far away.
They say getting close is the way to go.
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Not stalking, this isn't the only place I watch, and they come on a couple of other topix that I read.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Texan wrote:
Not stalking, this isn't the only place I watch, and they come on a couple of other topix that I read.
I should have known the twerps were on other forums.They getting their asses kicked here.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>That's why its username should be Black Pampers.
I like that
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Lets get to the root of our problems. Finical Inequality that is promoted by republicans to feed their lords and masters of the 1%. Now they further seek to expand those inequalities to favor their 1%. Higher tax on the poor little rich boy? Nay, Nay, Nay, Provide affordable quality education? Nay, Nay, Nay, Throw another 3.8 million down to desolation row with no food to them. Yay, Yay, Yay. Deny them primary Health Care Yay, Yay, Yay.
Now for some icing. Hold up our Nations finances as hostage. LOL lower credit means interest rates go up on the loans for the debt. Multi $ Billions in additional cost to be rewarded to the coffers of the 1% and Chinese coffers.
Its only the nature of this beast to be as it is. http://neweconomy.net/content/wealth-inequali...
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Aunt Neat wrote:
<quoted text>
I like that
Why thank you auntie;

Inequality numbers census.
Are you curious as to how much the Price For Inequality has cost you with the 2008 economic debacle? Right wing austerity for the 1% is your bill.
Find your category and figure it out. Enjoy your slide to …. Heh, heh I’ll leave that to your imaginations.
Inequality for the median and the impoverished has risen to favor the 1% with 40% gains in income. For the middle and below “Minus”- 6.1%.
Our median household income rose to $52,100 from its previous trough of $50,700 in 2011, remaining $2,400 lower with a 4.4% rate of inflation decline from its 2009 levels. Add the 1.8% Decline during the Great Recession and we get $3,400 below its December 2007 levels. That’s when the economic slump for the median and below began for them.
Largest decline went to the African American and Southerners who did not attend college.
Lower the income level the faster the rate of decline in earnings to Purchase Power as a percentage of real growth of the nations income. Gordon W. Green Jr. and John F. Coder of the Sentier Research that researches household income data stated and I quote; “Groups with low incomes tended to have steeper declines in income,” The preview of the official Census Bureau income statistics will be available in September of 2013. Sentier’s computations was based on the current population survey of 50,000 homes. Both of these sources have supported the conclusion of an increasing of inequality of economic dispersal. Going back years in its role of increasing inequality to favor the 1%.
President Obama at Knox College in Galesburg, Illinois recognizes the problem of the increasing inequality within our nation. Stating “Even though our businesses are creating new jobs and have broken record profits, nearly all the income gains of the past 10 years have continued to flow to the top 1 percent. The average C.E.O. has gotten a raise of nearly 40 percent since 2009. The average American earns less than he or she did in 1999.”
Recent graduates with associates or bachelors degrees were no protected from the on slaught of the ever increasing inequality in lost income earnings purchasing powers.
Homes with a High School education experienced a 9.3% decline with $39,300 earnings. Associate graduate homes lost 8.6% to $56,400 and the Bachelor degree homes lost 6.5% to $84,700.
People under the age of 25 fell 9.6% to income earnings to $31,300
Those 25 to 34 lost 4.5%.
Those 35 to 44 lost 5.7%
Those 45 to 54 lost 2.5%
Those 55 to 64 lost 7%
Southern States showed largest declines. Losing 6.2% for earnings to $47,900.
Western States lost 5.2% for earnings to $56,400
Northeast States lost 3.9% for earnings to $56,800.
By adding, the declined lost of earnings to purchase power, to the 1% gains of{40%} and you can estimate how much inequality your particular sector experienced, for just this one last Great Recession. Final tally of the increase to inequality will not be available until at least 2020.
Republicans have mathematically exposed themselves for over 80 years to be responsible for increasing inequality through various austerity polices that they support.
http://neweconomy.net/content/wealth-inequali...
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Aunt Neat wrote:
<quoted text>
I like that
You have good taste.

Auntie took me to the carnival. I like that…
A vast arena circles Washington’s politics with an atmosphere of carnival energies and a smorgasbord of various agendas, proposals, desires and opportunities. Clowns to intercept and distract the populace from the serious issues of their days. Producing nonexistent scandals or plot to undermine each other, all for the amusement of the audience. Confronting The Price Of Inequality within their lives is not to be mentioned. Distract, evade and deceive the audiences, that all is just fine, with the world, sit back and enjoy.
President Obama can be heard in the distance slightly above the din of noisy distractions. Crying out to the adults within these audiences to take care. Warning of pending storms a coming, to rain on the Foxy Pied Pipers parades.
Rolling rumbling thundering reality of globalization, arc’s of lightning technological change and in this confusion the audience’s adult pockets are being picked to satisfy the desires, of a few, of the corrupted villains, lurking in the shadows.
Foreboding words are warning of this Washington carnival. Obama declares; “Washington has taken its eyes of the ball” further addressing the audience “and I am here to say this needs to stop”!
Once upon a time “America The Land Of Opportunity” rang through out the world has been replaced with the “Myth Of America”! Education constantly eroding under the various republican storms leaving in its aftermath stifling heated humid fungus infecting “Inequality” Over a century of constant erosion has delivered US to the edge of desolation row, the worlds darken back alleys, where pickpocketer’s refine their trade. Paying their protective masters a large portion of their illicit gains, with no returns to the victims other than to have lightened their load of wealth from them.
Once again the ring master calls out the Foxy Pied Piper to lead the parade under these gathering stormy clouds. Festival enticingly the audience to forget all about your cares and woes. Who wants to build roads, power grids, schools, health centers, retirement packages, universal education for the children, and so on and so on. These are so boringly of reality. Now listen to the enchanting melodies of the Foxy Pied Pipers tune’s of A La Propaganda. Everything is all right just sit back and relax.
Master of ceremonies proudly shouts we will decrease your sovereignties laws, shackling you from enjoying our carnivals. Why pay them when you can spend here and enjoy? Come one come all. The show is about to begin. Today’s show will be the “Magic of Aristocratic Benefits” across the fairway we have the sacred hall of Kings, Emperors and their puppet show of their dictators waltz.
Price you may ask? Fear not put on credit and we will collect it at a later time with a slight interest charge of 400%. Out of work? Don’t worry we can surely come to some arrangements for your desolation. Come work for us. We have accommodations for your picking down on desolation row. Where the ever increasing populace whistles their tunes of “ Lord don’t call me, for I owe my soul to the companies store”!

Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Bernard Forand wrote:
Lets get to the root of our problems. Finical Inequality that is promoted by republicans to feed their lords and masters of the 1%. Now they further seek to expand those inequalities to favor their 1%. Higher tax on the poor little rich boy? Nay, Nay, Nay, Provide affordable quality education? Nay, Nay, Nay, Throw another 3.8 million down to desolation row with no food to them. Yay, Yay, Yay. Deny them primary Health Care Yay, Yay, Yay.
Now for some icing. Hold up our Nations finances as hostage. LOL lower credit means interest rates go up on the loans for the debt. Multi $ Billions in additional cost to be rewarded to the coffers of the 1% and Chinese coffers.
Its only the nature of this beast to be as it is. http://neweconomy.net/content/wealth-inequali...
How about financial inequality promoted by both parties, who are owned by their corporate masters?. Still can't think beyond the ballot box can you?.
You demented old fool.
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> They say getting close is the way to go.
Ahh yes up close to hear the symphony.
….. The Price Of Inequality
People from around the world heard the shot that crippled the financial markets. Shot originated from our Wall Street! Suspects were the Banks to big at fail.
Years of 2007 to 2008 exposed the flaw of the means and ways the USA defined their GDP. Foreign nations discovered that Inequality measurements were not represented.!
.. Symphonizing of the siphoning of wealth from the improvised lower classes to be horded by the 1% minority. Orchestrating with fine attentive desires of greed. Filling their coffers’ treasuries and outsourcing their horde for safe keeping from the Tax distributing environment of their beloved nation.
Melodies of bankruptcy erupted across the nation for over 8 million families homes. Tuning with increasing unemployment. Enveloping all within the finical ballroom. Students waltzing with tens’ of thousand of debt with no work available. Alas as the bell tolled for them at midnight, as they returned to their homeless rewards.
Millions more would soon accompany them with lost savings and defunct pensions. Safety nets that once retained them from such desolation, were sold to the highest bidder of their political domains. Strongly suggestive signing calling for the forced retirement to the improvised laborers.
Americans dreams of secured homes sold for less than its hard earned purchase. Vacancy was the norm through out the nation. Disrepair and lost of upkeep to properties festered on the infrastructures of a once proud majestic nation.
After shocks from the Great Recession will continue to affect this molding Nation until at least 2018 before complete repairs can be considered accomplished. The Price Of Inequality was merely illuminated for a brief moment in time, of the cost of inequality. Inequality has been eroding this nation for over a century. Inequality in the past 40 years has accelerated similar to the years before the 1929 Great Depression with similar results.
Within the bastions of the horded wealth, the symphony played on. Rejoicing in the price of inequality. Distributions of wealth being divided up with the 1% receiving one fifth of the nations income with the largest share to be rewarded to the 0.1% to the tune of 33% of the national income would be transferred to their coffers due to their wealth of assets. Some of which is rent control of national resources, politics and of course the media. Some assigned to continuously orchestrate the tune of A La Propaganda.
Tunes that are required to distract any observation of siphoning as was occurring during the years of 2002 to 2007, to the tune of 63% of the National Income to the 1%.
Alas had this been more evenly distributed the ballroom would still be overflowing with celebrations of prosperity for one and all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 18,521 - 18,540 of21,182
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Lubbock Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lubbock Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••