Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor. Full Story
Dang

Lenoir, NC

#19370 Jul 21, 2013
level headed wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush seems to know how to manipulate most of the Democrats. It was always best to deal with him face to face. Being it was his rules we always waited for the phone call.
Shame on Democrats to let themselves be manipulated. I believe it's the "rules" of governing. Bush should not have had to call.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#19371 Jul 21, 2013
I cut and pasted this from another site. It certainly is the truth!

Bob:
"Did you hear about the Obama administration scandal?"
Jim: "You mean the
Mexican gun running?"
Bob: "No, the other one."
Jim: "You mean SEAL Team 6
Extortion 17?"
Jim: "You mean the State Dept.
lying about Benghazi?"
Jim: "You mean the voter
fraud?"
Jim: "You mean the military not getting
their votes counted?"
Jim: "You mean that 3 or 4
of Obama's GAY boyfriends were mysteriously MURDERED when they came forward with
claims he was gay too?"
Jim: "You mean the
president demoralizing and breaking down the military?"
Bob: "No, the other
one."
Jim: "You mean the Boston Bombing?"
one."
Jim: "The NSA monitoring our phone calls, emails and everything
else?"
Jim: "You mean the president wanting to
kill Americans with drones in our own country without the benefit of the
law?"
Jim: "Giving 123 Technologies $300 Million
and right after it declared bankruptcy it was sold to the Chinese?"
Bob: "No,
the other one."
Jim: "You mean the president arming the Muslim
Brotherhood?"
Jim: "The IRS targeting
conservatives?"
Jim: "The DOJ spying on the
press?"
Jim: "Sebelius shaking down health
insurance executives?"
Jim: "Giving SOLYNDRA
$500 MILLION DOLLARS and right after they declared bankruptcy 3 months later the
Chinese bought it?"
Jim: "The NSA monitoring our
phone calls, emails and everything else?"
Jim:
"The president's ordering the release of nearly 10,000 illegal immigrants from
jails and prisons and falsely blaming the sequester?"
one."
Jim: "The president's threat to impose gun control by Executive Order
in order to bypass Congress?"
Jim: "The
president's repeated violation of the law requiring him to submit a budget no
later than the first Monday in February?"
Jim:
"The 2012 vote where 115% of all registered voters in some counties voted 100%
for Obama?"

Jim:
"The president's unconstitutional recess appointments in an attempt to
circumvent the Senate's advise-and-consent
role?"
one."
Jim: "The State
Department interfering with an Inspector General investigation on departmental
sexual misconduct?"
one."
Jim: "HHS employees
being given insider information on Medicare Advantage?"
one."
Jim: "Clinton, the IRS,
Clapper and Holder all lying to Congress?"
one."

Jim:
"I give up!... Oh wait, I think I got it! You mean that 65 million
low-information voters who don't pay taxes and get free stuff from taxpayers and
stuck us again with the most pandering, corrupt administration in American
history?"
Bob: "THAT'S THE
ONE!"

“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

#19373 Jul 22, 2013
Dang wrote:
"In 1950, Detroit was America’s fifth-largest city, with a population of 1.84 million. Median household income was higher than in any other city. So was the percentage of people who owned their own homes. Detroit was then arguably the best big city in which to live.
Today, Detroit leads Forbes magazine’s list of “most miserable cities.” It’s the fourth-worst run, according to Money magazine. It’s second in violent crime, third in murders. Nearly half of Detroiters of working age are unemployed.
The population of Detroit has fallen by more than half, to 706,585. It’s now the size it was in 1910. Median household income is barely half the U.S. average ($27,862 vs.$51,413). The average price of a house in Detroit is just $16,800, by far the lowest in the country.
There are a couple of smaller cities which, arguably, are in even worse shape. But no city has fallen so far, so fast.
Some decline was inevitable because the world of 1950 was uniquely beneficial to Detroit. The most important industry at that time was the automobile industry, and because Europe and Japan were still rebuilding from the devastation of World War II, Detroit had a virtual monopoly. Detroit had been the heart of the “arsenal of democracy” and had a more skilled labor force than any other city on the planet.
The U.S. auto industry tumbled from its lofty perch in the 1970s, in part because by then Europe and Japan could offer serious competition. The Arab oil embargo after the 1973 Yom Kippur War sparked for the first time the interest of Americans in smaller cars, which the Germans and Japanese were building, but Detroit was not.
But most wounds were self-inflicted. Cars built by GM, Ford, Chrysler and American Motors cost more and were less reliable than cars built in Germany and Japan.
Chiefly responsible were the contracts won by the United Auto Workers, then America’s most powerful union. It wasn’t so much the lavish pay and benefits as the featherbedding work rules which guaranteed cars built in Michigan would cost more and break down more often than cars built elsewhere.
The auto industry has bounced back some. Several Ford and GM sedans are now rated as more reliable than the imports with which they compete. But Detroit’s decline has accelerated. That’s because for half a century, Detroit has been governed by the policies President Obama advocates.(Detroit’s last Republican mayor was Louis Miriani, who left office in 1962.)"
I'd bet a paycheck that Detroit's demise has more to do with free trade agreements and outsourcing of manufacturing jobs. Blame both sides for allowing this to happen. Manufacturers fail to see the danger in outsourcing as it continues to kill the working class and soon consumers will have no money available to purchase their products. Greed will no doubt have a big hand in the collapse of our economic system.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

#19375 Jul 22, 2013
http://datadrivendetroit.org/web_ftp/Project_... A few interesting facts about Detroit. Whatever or whoever, the past you can not change. The question is what to do today? The fact remains is the labor force there now is made up of what? The stats shown on this site and the census dept are not encouraging to recruit companies. That leaves who to save Detroit or should it be saved?
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#19376 Jul 22, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Bernie I truly think your input would make the forums I'm talking about more interesting.You should know by now, that merely because we disagree is no reason for hate.So, consider my offer.
Just got back from the politix site as they are having a problem with posting my last reply. Typical problem I run into some of these right wing sites. So drop a couple and move on. That should work for a little while. If it follows some of the other sites of the right wing even that will corrupted and cycles delaying problems that just waste my time. They are not the only pebble on the beach. Interesting though: have noticed that their followers are falling off and what remains the obvious uneducated minions or robo commenter’s just cycling around in circles.
That said sure. I’ll give your site a shot. A good day is when I’m engulfed with right wing ideologue’s. So long as they are not going to waste my time. I can get my word out efficiently through CBS, CNBC, N.Y. Times, etc. etc. LOL I even seek out local right wing news agencies when I have the time and run them until they kick me off and then move on. That’s when I go slumming on lazy days. So what’s this site you are referring to? Lets see if I can stir their kettle of Red Herring Stews. Ha, ha,
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#19377 Jul 22, 2013
Dang wrote:
http://datadrivendetroit.org/w eb_ftp/Project_Docs/DETKidsDrf t_FINAL.pdf A few interesting facts about Detroit. Whatever or whoever, the past you can not change. The question is what to do today? The fact remains is the labor force there now is made up of what? The stats shown on this site and the census dept are not encouraging to recruit companies. That leaves who to save Detroit or should it be saved?
Dang nab it just pick out what you want to debate from that vast book on Detroit’s circumstances. Don’t be afraid to read and comment on it. Then if you find some fact sources, condense a portion that supports your comment and keep location of your source for others to verify.“IF” this is the same study report I have already gone through about a year ago then I’ll recognize most of what you are trying to say. Keep in mind that Snyder’s {Gov.} obsession to micro administer his governorship, has sent Detroit, a state overseer that has authority over the local authority. Detroit will survive but not as eloquently. as it has in the past. Population will disperse to rural areas stressing their economy and others will seek larger cities for the opportunities they offer. What will remain is a force to resurrect the city with a more profound grasp of how to organize a more diverse low keyed industrial corporations. That will be decades in the making.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#19378 Jul 22, 2013
Edthirty wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd bet a paycheck that Detroit's demise has more to do with free trade agreements and outsourcing of manufacturing jobs. Blame both sides for allowing this to happen. Manufacturers fail to see the danger in outsourcing as it continues to kill the working class and soon consumers will have no money available to purchase their products. Greed will no doubt have a big hand in the collapse of our economic system.
Yes agree that the USA has and will feel the bite of the “Liberal International Free Trade Markets” for years to come. USA is as powerless as was communism to reigning in the eventual leveling effects of the Liberal International Free Trade Markets. Just as the orthodoxy communism walls came a tumbling down without a shot being fired! So shall the corruptive deregulations of our capitalism. To compete in such an arena of Liberal International Free Trade Markets, sovereignties will require, that they are efficient in their finances, as well as securing the security of their labor forces. Failure to do so, will result in diminishing their ability to effectively trade on the Liberal International Free Trade Markets.
Suggest some sources for you to explore. One is Michael Mandelbaum. Economic advisors to various presidents here in the USA and a few other outlying sovereignties. Has several books on the subject of Liberal International Free Trade Markets. One to get you started “The Ideas That Conquered The World”. Another one, on more specifics of internal inequality of economics and their results would be; Joseph E. Stiglitz One of his books just released “ The Price Of Inequality”. He also has a history as an economic advisor, on the presidents councils. Oh did I mention holds the Nobel Prize in Economics.

Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#19379 Jul 22, 2013
Defiant1 wrote:
I cut and pasted this from another site. It certainly is the truth!"The IRS targeting
conservatives?"
What is this the Tea’s Red Herring Menu.
Your wearing your Tin Hat again I’ll just take one of the erroneous drivel you are sputtering about and most only the most Tea intoxicated are still feasting on those Red Herrings. Supplied with a bottomless Tea Pot to wash it all down with.
Your inability to fathom the IRS is so foxy.. Naïve…! a raz a maz a tazWith …
All this IRS Issue amounts to are the red herrings of republicans. That’s all they have left to serve you with their TEA and with a raz a maz a taz. A cha cha…
IRS Use is nothing new. Nor is it for political activism and social groups. Little to nothing at present linking Obama with fore knowledge of this recent interest of the IRS’s investigations, to enforce Federal Tax Code 501 [c][4].
F.D.R. used it against it Sen. Huey Long of Louisiana and Hoover’s Treasury Andrew Melton.
Nixon against all those on his “enemies list‘. Boasting on the Watergate tapes to his aids of his use of it. Assigned George Schultz to investigate Hennery Kimmelan private business man that backed McGovern. Stating “ What’s he trying to do? Say that we can’t play politics with the IRS.
Eisenhower against the communist party.
Kennedy against nonprofit organizations. Hmm similar to what Obama is being accused of.
Carter’s IRS director Jerome Kurtz ended tax exempt status to private Christian schools.
Clinton had the IRS audit the Heritage Foundation and the NRA.
George W. Bush against the NAACP for urging his defeat in 2004. Languished in the courts for 2 years. IRS alleged improper political activity. Civil Rights argued it was a victim of political bias.
True as far back as F.D.R. Use of the IRS has been a bipartisan thing said Bruce Barllett, a tax official of Ronald Reagan and H.W. Bush.“BUT” this one of Obama’s seems to have originated from the bottom up rather than from the top down.
IRS’s duties are to weed out organizations that qualify for tax exemptions and those that do not. Tax exempt organizations cannot show any bias to any political candidate or party.
Number of applications for tax exempt status doubled to the pre elections of 2012. Fueling that rise was derived by the Supreme Court’s decision of 2010 {Citizens United} obscuring differences of political activism, mainly from the right, from social welfare groups. Promoting lawyers’ to find loopholes. Said Historian Stephen Hess.
This amounts to nothing more than republicans redundant strategy of red herrings for their herd. If IRS did not investigate, then republicans would charge them of being guilty for not performing their duties as defined in 501 [c][4]. Typical ploy of extremist right wing.
Red herring being served at this time is to distract their herd from recognizing Obama’s achievement in reigning in the deficit in record time. Which they will soon be serving ominous warnings the deficit is decreasing the debt TOO FAST and will prove disastrous.
GOP { Get Obama Persecuted } at all cost . Venomous deceitful character of republicans. Has been and is continuously being illuminated.
Just keep wasting your time with bogus nonsense playing around inside your Tin Hat. Hey what no FEMA concentration camps. LOL you are so funny..
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#19380 Jul 22, 2013
As much fun we have with these right wing nuts lets get back down to what are facts. Something that will stick with you rather than the Red Herrings we keep getting from the Tea party and the republicans ideologues.
Fortunately there is hope and it is being demonstrated, more and more every day, with the moderate republicans and the intellectuals of the party that are distancing themselves from the dysfunctional “Ideologues” of their party. Obama has aided them with his brilliance. A Tea bulwark has fallen.
Obamacare drives a wedge, fracturing republican party. Phoenix Arizona’s Governor Jan Brewer pulled off a major coup by distancing herself, along with a few staunch republican state senators, from their extremist elements within their party. Rallying the support by emphasizing “Moral and Monetarily Correct”. Stating “It’s pro-life, it’s saving lives, it is creating jobs, it is saving hospitals,” and “I don’t know how you can get any more conservative than that,”
Typical of the intoxicated Tea Party’s strategy. Derogatory remarks are let loose with no substance to any issue for debate. Going so far as to invoke some religious sniping by A.J LaFaro chairman of the Maricopa County Republican Committee, comparing Jan Brewer to Judas! Libertarian blog post by Tyler S. Boyer on the “Freedom Works” site, refers to Jan as “An unfortunate display of ineptitude.” Derogatory continues to surface from the right wing extremist. Reagan once said” Republicans should not speak ill of one another” Something the extremist have ignored, as they have demonstrated on various issues, ignoring supporting their constituents for some personal ego political ploy. Ignoring the facts that voters agreed, in 1996 and in 2000, to extend Medicaid coverage to childless adults, one of the main beneficiaries of the Medicaid expansion.
Mr. Coughlin states “Ideologues have their agendas” Mr. Coughlin goes on to say “and the part of the party that’s taking issue with the governor right now is all made up of ideologues”!
Moderate republicans will be required to expand their platforms to educate their constituents of the fallacies of the zealot extremist policies. Focusing on the more intelligent groups within their spheres such as women and independents.
Bruce Merrill, political behaviorist senior research at Morrison Institute for Public Policy of the Arizona University states “how truly fractured the Republican Party in Arizona is.” expressly due to Obamacare.
“The real brilliance of Barack Obama when he made Medicaid an all-or-nothing proposition,” giving states no option but to cover individuals with incomes up to 133 percent of the federal poverty line if they were to qualify for federal reimbursement,“was that he pitted fiscally conservative Republicans against one another,” he said.
Governor Jan Brewer views it as merely bruised egos that will heal with time.“Nobody likes to lose, and that’s what happened”. AND this is but one example of many.
Tea will not be served…. Out of service…

why

Hondo, TX

#19381 Jul 22, 2013
test
Greg Abott

Euless, TX

#19382 Jul 22, 2013
I think I have a shot!
Paulie

Dallas, TX

#19389 Jul 23, 2013
Detroit's problems have been fed by one of the most corrupt and graft-powered political machines America has ever seen. Go back and Hulu last Sunday's Meet the Press. Detroit elected officials trying to justify giving the city billions just so they can do it again.
Oh Snap

United States

#19390 Jul 23, 2013
Why is anyone still commenting on this? His term is nearly over, and he has accomplished exactly what he did in his first term... Absolutely nothing!
Dang

Lenoir, NC

#19391 Jul 23, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
As much fun we have with these right wing nuts lets get back down to what are facts. Something that will stick with you rather than the Red Herrings we keep getting from the Tea party and the republicans ideologues.
Fortunately there is hope and it is being demonstrated, more and more every day, with the moderate republicans and the intellectuals of the party that are distancing themselves from the dysfunctional “Ideologues” of their party. Obama has aided them with his brilliance. A Tea bulwark has fallen.
Obamacare drives a wedge, fracturing republican party. Phoenix Arizona’s Governor Jan Brewer pulled off a major coup by distancing herself, along with a few staunch republican state senators, from their extremist elements within their party. Rallying the support by emphasizing “Moral and Monetarily Correct”. Stating “It’s pro-life, it’s saving lives, it is creating jobs, it is saving hospitals,” and “I don’t know how you can get any more conservative than that,”
Typical of the intoxicated Tea Party’s strategy. Derogatory remarks are let loose with no substance to any issue for debate. Going so far as to invoke some religious sniping by A.J LaFaro chairman of the Maricopa County Republican Committee, comparing Jan Brewer to Judas! Libertarian blog post by Tyler S. Boyer on the “Freedom Works” site, refers to Jan as “An unfortunate display of ineptitude.” Derogatory continues to surface from the right wing extremist. Reagan once said” Republicans should not speak ill of one another” Something the extremist have ignored, as they have demonstrated on various issues, ignoring supporting their constituents for some personal ego political ploy. Ignoring the facts that voters agreed, in 1996 and in 2000, to extend Medicaid coverage to childless adults, one of the main beneficiaries of the Medicaid expansion.
Mr. Coughlin states “Ideologues have their agendas” Mr. Coughlin goes on to say “and the part of the party that’s taking issue with the governor right now is all made up of ideologues”!
Moderate republicans will be required to expand their platforms to educate their constituents of the fallacies of the zealot extremist policies. Focusing on the more intelligent groups within their spheres such as women and independents.
Bruce Merrill, political behaviorist senior research at Morrison Institute for Public Policy of the Arizona University states “how truly fractured the Republican Party in Arizona is.” expressly due to Obamacare.
“The real brilliance of Barack Obama when he made Medicaid an all-or-nothing proposition,” giving states no option but to cover individuals with incomes up to 133 percent of the federal poverty line if they were to qualify for federal reimbursement,“was that he pitted fiscally conservative Republicans against one another,” he said.
Governor Jan Brewer views it as merely bruised egos that will heal with time.“Nobody likes to lose, and that’s what happened”. AND this is but one example of many.
Tea will not be served…. Out of service…
What a complete bunch of editorial blowhard BS, and this coming from on of the "intelligent groups within their spheres such as women and independents.", of which I am both.
why

Hondo, TX

#19392 Jul 23, 2013
test
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#19393 Jul 23, 2013
Dang wrote:
<quoted text>What a complete bunch of editorial blowhard BS, and this coming from on of the "intelligent groups within their spheres such as women and independents.", of which I am both.
Dang nab it. You have once again provided us with the reason that we can’t say all of the women or independents are intelligent. Your support for austerity is all we need to know about you. I sincerely hope you were not offended; you mistook my comment to imply you are intelligent. I assure you madam, you have nothing to fear there. That would be one of the last thing I would you accuse of.
Dang nab it likes to; Evade, diversions, with no substance, no facts, lots of blah, blah though…
Now back to the subjects at hand.
UN exposes Inequality
UNDP { the UN Development Program} measures the “Human Development” factors. Income, health and education. It then applies the inequality factors for results.
Before factoring the inequality factor; USA comes in fourth, following Australia, The Netherlands and Norway.
After the factoring of the inequality factor; USA comes in 23 third. All European Nations and all Scandinavian Nations that have Universal Education, Health Care and Income Security exceeds the USA.
USA counters with its to finically expensive and will slow growth. Sweden’s former finance minister proves this to be false. Stating the robust growth of his nation during the years of 2000 to 2010. Sweden’s growth was 2.31% where in as the USA was at 1.85%. Quote “ We have grown so fast and done so well because we had high taxes”! Higher taxes that paid to keep their infrastructures laboring in their maintenance and upgrades, Universal Education, Universal Health Care, from birth to grave and Technology’s for their future. All the while, we were riding the bushwhacking roller coaster that ended in a catastrophic crash of biblical proportions. Losses to the tune of $6 Trillion to be paid for by Main Street. Such is the price for admission for the Bushwhacking roller coaster ride that advanced our inequality to Main Street. On Wall Street?.. Oh business as usual…!
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#19394 Jul 23, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang nab it. You have once again provided us with the reason that we can’t say all of the women or independents are intelligent. Your support for austerity is all we need to know about you. I sincerely hope you were not offended; you mistook my comment to imply you are intelligent. I assure you madam, you have nothing to fear there. That would be one of the last thing I would you accuse of.
Dang nab it likes to; Evade, diversions, with no substance, no facts, lots of blah, blah though…
UN exposes Inequality
UNDP { the UN Development Program} measures the “Human Development” factors. Income, health and education. It then applies the inequality factors for results.
Before factoring the inequality factor; USA comes in fourth, following Australia, The Netherlands and Norway.
After the factoring of the inequality factor; USA comes in 23 third. All European Nations and all Scandinavian Nations that have Universal Education, Health Care and Income Security exceeds the USA.
USA counters with its to finically expensive and will slow growth. Sweden’s former finance minister proves this to be false. Stating the robust growth of his nation during the years of 2000 to 2010. Sweden’s growth was 2.31% where in as the USA was at 1.85%. Quote “ We have grown so fast and done so well because we had high taxes”! Higher taxes that paid to keep their infrastructures laboring in their maintenance and upgrades, Universal Education, Universal Health Care, from birth to grave and Technology’s for their future. All the while, we were riding the bushwhacking roller coaster that ended in a catastrophic crash of biblical proportions. Losses to the tune of $6 Trillion to be paid for by Main Street. Such is the price for admission for the Bushwhacking roller coaster ride that advanced our inequality to Main Street. On Wall Street?.. Oh business as usual…!
Yawn. Another half page of total crap. Don't you think it's time to start a fertilizer factory and make a large fortune out of your
endless supply of that well known brown stuff?.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#19395 Jul 23, 2013
Oh Snap wrote:
Why is anyone still commenting on this? His term is nearly over, and he has accomplished exactly what he did in his first term... Absolutely nothing!
Sounds like Obummer, but we have another 3 1/2 years of that jackass.
Mack

Addison, TX

#19396 Jul 23, 2013
Heck yes
Dang

Lenoir, NC

#19397 Jul 24, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
UN exposes Inequality
Your business as usual should be the fertilizer factory as suggested. Again, BS from someone who tries to be so smart. Listen to the President today and let me know what you think of his "Economic Plan" and yes, Defiant, I know I gonna regret it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lubbock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 36 min Joen 18,739
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of the Gene... (Oct '10) 1 hr stupid people 375
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 1 hr stupid people 682
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 3 hr fubar 590
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Sep 26 Fossilfarts 802
DPS Trooper Caught on Video Breaking Glass (Aug '07) Sep 24 CHARLES 4
jadera diet pills for sale (Apr '13) Sep 21 Libra 23

Lubbock Jobs

Lubbock People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lubbock News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lubbock

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]