Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Comments (Page 844)

Showing posts 16,861 - 16,880 of21,010
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

and it will be untill it stops being so profitable for the polititions, outlaw lobbiest, impose term limits, and do away with the obsene salaries, retirement, and insurance. Then see how many of these yahooos run for office. It's all about money and power and anyone who doesn't believe that is STUPID!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can hardly wait to see what the leftist crapsacks response to this will be.They don't like to hear the truth.
Benghazi is a great example of what our worthless so-called leadership has become. I served under Nixon who was 10 times more of an American than these leftist vote stealing scumbags.
You already know their response.
They will change the subject, introduce new points, claim it was due to white Americans, and so on.
It will never be the truth, unless someone speaks it.

I have been reading about the poor in America, of which 57% are white. But, we think of poor as being black, only.

How many aid programs have been trashed, because we think all poor are black?

47$ of America's poor,are white.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

57% of America's poor are white.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
Show one instance where an illegal alien voted.
How? The fact that we wanted to ID voters but,were forbidden to, counts?
Maybe you could show that illegal aliens didn't vote?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
No boy, you are the mistake you and the GOparanoia party with the 16% approval rating
Being that I hold to the laws of my forefathers, who created America, how am I wrong?
Maybe you should read up on American history, before claiming you are right.
You are one of many foreigners, who want to change what America is.
Read the script or drop out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
Has the Dow doubled since Obama took office?
Was the recession in full swing when Obama took office?
Did it end 1/2 years into his first term?
Are corporate profits hitting record numbers since Obama took office?
Was unemployment rising for a year before Obama took office? Has it been steadily dropping since the recession ended?
Has the US Debt grown at the slowest rate in several decades?
Hint - the answer to all those questions is yes.
And yes boy, I can verify every one.
Ignore the facts again
Little girl, I don't give a damn about the dow. That's for people that actually have money.

Obama stopped the fence. Obama refused hate crime protection for a certain race. He is a racist.
He is doing nothing for me and I don't support him.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Edthirty wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure give us Black folks a lot of credit, especially seeing how nonw of us dominates any major corporation and last time I checked, Congress was still majority White. Show me some legislation that that favors Black over White or any other group, for that matter. For the record, I don't hate any ethinicity as a whole. It's always been on an individual basis for me...
Whites don't dominate or own the corporations, either.
Jews own and dominate them.
The corporations control the people and,Jews control the corporations.
Lots of blacks are poor and, more whites are poor. This is something I just read - the poor are usually described as black. But, 57% of America's poor are white. Everyone thinks black, when they think poor. Someone is getting off free, not paying for social services to help the poor. How are they doing it?
By saying that poverty is a racial issue.
No one wants to end poverty, if it is seen as a black thing.
Truth Doctor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
Whites don't dominate or own the corporations, either.
Jews own and dominate them.
The corporations control the people and,Jews control the corporations.
Lots of blacks are poor and, more whites are poor. This is something I just read - the poor are usually described as black. But, 57% of America's poor are white. Everyone thinks black, when they think poor. Someone is getting off free, not paying for social services to help the poor. How are they doing it?
By saying that poverty is a racial issue.
No one wants to end poverty, if it is seen as a black thing.
No one is poor in America. Everything anyone needs is free. The deadbeats who do not want to work live better than those who do. That is why illegal aliens flock here. When the dollar finally implodes, you will learn what national poverty is really like.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
You already know their response.
They will change the subject, introduce new points, claim it was due to white Americans, and so on.
It will never be the truth, unless someone speaks it.
I have been reading about the poor in America, of which 57% are white. But, we think of poor as being black, only.
How many aid programs have been trashed, because we think all poor are black?
47$ of America's poor,are white.
Well, here is some more reading material.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/in-jeopardy-future...
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Truth Doctor wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is poor in America. Everything anyone needs is free. The deadbeats who do not want to work live better than those who do. That is why illegal aliens flock here. When the dollar finally implodes, you will learn what national poverty is really like.
When the dollar finally implodes, the freetards will learn about FEMA camps and forced labor programs. Unfortunately, the rest of us get to suffer too.
littlepup

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

That "Actual Unemployed" number is unbelievable. That "Tax Payer" thing is pretty interesting.
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

It's all scarey, you get up every morning and go to work and do not know if the job will be there for you tommorrow. OR you get up every morning to look for work and do not know how you will make it until tommorrow. OUT SOURCING a result of CORPERATE GREED. Why pay an American a living wage when you can get a Third Worlder to do it for a slave wage?
littlepup

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Texan wrote:
It's all scarey, you get up every morning and go to work and do not know if the job will be there for you tommorrow. OR you get up every morning to look for work and do not know how you will make it until tommorrow. OUT SOURCING a result of CORPERATE GREED. Why pay an American a living wage when you can get a Third Worlder to do it for a slave wage?
To the "Third Worlder" it isn't "slave wage". That's the problem. Don't get me wrong I agree with you, but the cost of living isn't as great as it is here. Keep an eye on the G8 summit. It's all about "world economics", ie taxes on the imports etc.
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

That is only because they do not know any other way of life other than just enough to get by. The CEOs in this country would have no problem with us being in the same boat as the Third Worlders, at least until the rebellion started. Does anyone remember "Let them eat cake"? That is something I would never wish on my country.
littlepup

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

"In Bangladesh's garment trade, empowerment comes at $20 a week"
"You know when a girl came out of the village to join the garment industry there was a lot of human cry, there was a lot of noise and discouragement," says Shirin Sharmin Chowdhury, the first woman to be elected speaker of Bangladesh's Parliament. "But you know when she went back with some income and she spent it on the family, she helped her poor parents or she helped her sister go to school, things changed." You are correct on that. Co.'s are to build factories and provide employment to host countries standards and way of life. This is not an easy fix. Iceland is a great model, they export almost nothing nor do they import much. The G8 just met on the taxes to be imposed in the future. We will see how that goes.
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

And $20 will not feed a family of four at MacDonalds or Taco Bell in this country, and it won't buy a meal for two at Chillies, or Bennigans.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Texan wrote:
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that this out sourcing and corporations moving off shore is a deliberate move for some people to undermine the economic stability of this country. For others, it's all about making the most
money by hiring the cheapest labor.

Deliberate or not, we are feeling the effects.
lol

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Texan wrote:
and it will be untill it stops being so profitable for the polititions, outlaw lobbiest, impose term limits, and do away with the obsene salaries, retirement, and insurance. Then see how many of these yahooos run for office. It's all about money and power and anyone who doesn't believe that is STUPID!
agree

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

As for the Syrian situation, we have no friends there on either side. Oddly enough, the USA will surpass Saudi Arabia later this year as the leading world oil producer.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that this out sourcing and corporations moving off shore is a deliberate move for some people to undermine the economic stability of this country. For others, it's all about making the most
money by hiring the cheapest labor.
Deliberate or not, we are feeling the effects.
Outsourcing is self-defeating in the long run, as eventually Americans will have less buying power, being either unemployed or underemployed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 16,861 - 16,880 of21,010
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Lubbock Forum right now

Search the Lubbock Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 32 min What I say xoxo 16,777
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Tue Texan 719
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Mon cast your vote 639
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of General ... (Oct '10) Mon cast your vote 382
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) Mon cast your vote 707
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of the Gene... (Oct '10) Mon cast your vote 328
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Mon cast your vote 497
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lubbock Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lubbock People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••