Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Comments (Page 791)

Showing posts 15,801 - 15,820 of21,319
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
BIG BAD JOHN

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17270
Apr 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I'll still show up on Topix, after all,I met my girl on Topix.In a strange accident of fate, when I got on the Trinity, Texas forum, it took me to the Trinity, North Carolina forum, where I met the woman of my dreams.God bless you as well Texan. I got your back!

Yeaaaa how do you know that? Are long have you known this person? I have often thought many times i found the woman of my dreams and she was only interested in my money. Next thing i knew she left one day writing me a letter saying she married a goofball college football player. How can a person know that fast that they have met the woman of there dreams?Now i do wish you good luck on that but if things go south on you then don,t say i didn,t warn you. You should get to know a woman before you say woman of your dreams. Yeaaa enjoy the goofballs that live in that state and don,t come crying to me that you want to move back to texas.
no really

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17271
Apr 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

...very funny guy ...
BIG BAD JOHN

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17272
Apr 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

no really wrote:
...very funny guy ...

Yeaaa i have been known to post 4OO MESSAGES IN ONE HOUR.
cooter

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17273
Apr 14, 2013
 

Judged:

1

test
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17274
Apr 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

If I ever attempt to do anything like you do BBJ I can only hope someone will slap some good sense back into me.
BIG BAD JOHN

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17275
Apr 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Texan wrote:
If I ever attempt to do anything like you do BBJ I can only hope someone will slap some good sense back into me.

Mr texan i have never been slapped before even by my wildest of lady friends. This is still my city and my forum....
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17276
Apr 15, 2013
 
waco1909 wrote:
Well Mr.Forand, fate takes me from my beloved Texas, or perhaps destiny.It was a lot easier for me to relocate to North Carolina, then for my true love to come to Texas, although it hurts me to do so, as I leave a friend I love dearly in Texas, to go to North Carolina.I've arranged to return once a month to visit my friend in Texas for a week at a time.Oddly enough, I seem to fit in in North Carolina as if I'd been there all my life.Strange.
Dear Waco. I once spent some “time” in Jacksonville and New Bern North Carolina out by Moorhead beach. for a couple of years. Nothing like the Carolinas in the Morning. Two seasons. 6 months brown and 6 green. You will enjoy it. Went by there a couple of years ago and what a change from the 70’s.. Tex you like that?“Time”
Boston Marathon Tragedy

Piscataway, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17277
Apr 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Everyone reading, please help support our Boston marathon runner's. It's worth our time. God bless our responders and 8 children seriously wounded.

http://fundly.com/boston-marathon-tragedy-sup...

https://www.facebook.com/BostonMarathonTraged...
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17278
Apr 15, 2013
 
waco1909 wrote:
Anyone who doesn't believe in GOD should delve into Quantum Mechanics for awhile.

Waco funny you should mention that. Quantum Physics I do dabble in. Here let see how about quantum consciousness. Hmmm

Collective Conscience
Presently we have the internet and its components, such as the cloud programs. Note the similar evolution to our evolutions. Cloud, Internet created in the image of humanities consciousness .. We contribute knowledge through the internet by communicating with various conscious entities. Knowledge is refined as communication increases. A collective intelligence begins to evolve.
Just as our consciousness increases with each of our experiences through our individual lives and as to how we communicate it to other conscious individuals our collective consciousness increases.
Presently quantum physics has discovered how interrelated particles have connections at a distance. What force is impressed upon one particle, will have an immediate affect on the related particle at a distance. Even at a distance of thousands of miles.{CERN Collider} Einstein called it spook physics. This harbors on the metaphysics and physical realms. Wave particle is affected by the conscious observations of that wave particle.{Energy is manipulated by consciousness}
Metaphysically, we can presently observe consciousness effect on another conscious at a distance. Perhaps some of us have had and are experiencing this affect. Some may call it Des-Javeu, predications, out of body experiences, etc.
Now; the entity of all consciousness, exist in all living organisms. With Various degrees of communication, to a collective consciousness. Some tap into this reservoir from time to time to obtain information or add additional knowledge. Psychics?
Physical Energy is not created nor destroyed; therefore the metaphysical collective conscious is equally eternal. Individual communication determines as to the dimension it has chosen. Abnormalities will be taken into consideration, genetic variants, DNA evolutionary existence, etc.
Here is where your meditations can begin and build upon the varieties of ideologies. Collective Consciousness….God? Embracing through us all.
Fun to mediatate on one of those gorgeous Sunday Carloina Mornings. Sunsets are unique, good time to lay back and smell the flowers.




BIG BAD JOHN

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17279
Apr 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Waco. I once spent some “time” in Jacksonville and New Bern North Carolina out by Moorhead beach. for a couple of years. Nothing like the Carolinas in the Morning. Two seasons. 6 months brown and 6 green. You will enjoy it. Went by there a couple of years ago and what a change from the 70’s.. Tex you like that?“Time”

I was there in 1976 north carolina when my mama was still wiping my snose at age 12 and i did not like it. I thought the smokey moutains were ugly and i do not remember anything good about that place. Hill bums and rude people. Now do you actaully think mr texan and waco are actaully going to talk to you?? yeaaaa your wasting time and besides you caused them trouble my friend now get back to florida to were the awamp monsters are in the aligaters.
TermLimitsNOW

Netherlands Antilles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17280
Apr 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Private special interest lobbying groups line up outside the door to the capital daily waiting to speak to king Guvner whenever they can find him in his gold plated throne room.

And when he's not otherwise playing golf and traveling and dining out and stuff all on the taxpayers dime.

Which is exactly why I am expecting the legislature in Austin to pass term limits soon. Because even the other Republikrauts are getting sick of his constant pandering to any special interest group that waves a dollar bill in his face.
neil kazinzkci

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17281
Apr 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Big bad john is a fart smeller!!!
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17282
Apr 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

BBJohn this is your nothing, and you do not control anything, not a city, not a forum, not anything, and the only reason you haven't been slapped is your bad breath; in order to slap you someone would have to get close enough to smell you. Not going to happen. Barney, Quantum Physics my back side; you are just a commie blowhard who thinks he can baffel people with Socialist BS. It doesn't work, and you impress no one.
bababooey

Netherlands Antilles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17283
Apr 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

this topic has gone so far off the rails....
George

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17284
Apr 16, 2013
 
bababooey wrote:
this topic has gone so far off the rails....
i agree and it should be deleted, it's old news. They really need to update if this is really a news forum site as they claim.
BIG BAD JOHN

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17285
Apr 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Texan wrote:
BBJohn this is your nothing, and you do not control anything, not a city, not a forum, not anything, and the only reason you haven't been slapped is your bad breath; in order to slap you someone would have to get close enough to smell you. Not going to happen. Barney, Quantum Physics my back side; you are just a commie blowhard who thinks he can baffel people with Socialist BS. It doesn't work, and you impress no one.

Mr texan this topic is old time for you to move on. Are else deal with me.
BIG BAD JOHN

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17286
Apr 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

George wrote:
<quoted text>i agree and it should be deleted, it's old news. They really need to update if this is really a news forum site as they claim.

Then i suggest you do so if not these poor folks are going to deal with me until the end of time!
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17287
Apr 16, 2013
 
Perry lost on his petition to his god. Humiliated on the national stage.
Notice how religions put the burden of proof for their fables, myths and folk lore on others to prove it is true. Over 6,000 years of their mystical ideologies no proof or fact can they muster forth for their gods that created the evil they claim to be in opposition. Odd at times the same gods are claimed by the warring factors for some political declaration. Warring for peace is as much a paradox as balling for virginity. Warring for an all powerful god is a paradox. For which breath did Hitler breath that god was not aware of? Hitler had purpose; for this almighty god to demonstrate? Then in the next breath they boast of our free will! Note “Free Will” is never mentioned in bibles. Little wonder, that existence emulates confusion of reason and rationality, as so ordained.
All religions hold their Zionist universal soldiers. They have discovered that they hate not only their enemies but everyone who does not share their hatred, and they want to fight and force others to fight. They turn their churches into recruiting stations and their vestries into munitions workshop.
They persecute with their profession of horrors, at the blunt utterance of their own opinions. Behind the scenes, anyone with any genuine religious sensibility finds these atrocities revolting, BUT the thing is done. Governing classes have made it so , only the law against blasphemy is not applied to themselves and strongly approve of said persecutions. Enabling them to represent their own privileges as the religion of their herd.
Therefore martyrs of all times and their persecutors remain subject to the same ideology. Fate impressed upon them, by their minority Zionist. No sense of common value for humanity. Amusing themselves with killings. Making any silly-clever gentleman or messiah, as one to be idolized. Such are the idols that are imposed upon the various herds.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17288
Apr 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Bernard Forand wrote:
Perry lost on his petition to his god. Humiliated on the national stage.
Notice how religions put the burden of proof for their fables, myths and folk lore on others to prove it is true. Over 6,000 years of their mystical ideologies no proof or fact can they muster forth for their gods that created the evil they claim to be in opposition. Odd at times the same gods are claimed by the warring factors for some political declaration. Warring for peace is as much a paradox as balling for virginity. Warring for an all powerful god is a paradox. For which breath did Hitler breath that god was not aware of? Hitler had purpose; for this almighty god to demonstrate? Then in the next breath they boast of our free will! Note “Free Will” is never mentioned in bibles. Little wonder, that existence emulates confusion of reason and rationality, as so ordained.
All religions hold their Zionist universal soldiers. They have discovered that they hate not only their enemies but everyone who does not share their hatred, and they want to fight and force others to fight. They turn their churches into recruiting stations and their vestries into munitions workshop.
They persecute with their profession of horrors, at the blunt utterance of their own opinions. Behind the scenes, anyone with any genuine religious sensibility finds these atrocities revolting, BUT the thing is done. Governing classes have made it so , only the law against blasphemy is not applied to themselves and strongly approve of said persecutions. Enabling them to represent their own privileges as the religion of their herd.
Therefore martyrs of all times and their persecutors remain subject to the same ideology. Fate impressed upon them, by their minority Zionist. No sense of common value for humanity. Amusing themselves with killings. Making any silly-clever gentleman or messiah, as one to be idolized. Such are the idols that are imposed upon the various herds.
Yaawwwnnn.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17289
Apr 16, 2013
 
Texan wrote:
BBJohn this is your nothing, and you do not control anything, not a city, not a forum, not anything, and the only reason you haven't been slapped is your bad breath; in order to slap you someone would have to get close enough to smell you. Not going to happen. Barney, Quantum Physics my back side; you are just a commie blowhard who thinks he can baffel people with Socialist BS. It doesn't work, and you impress no one.
Tex voted for republicans emulating BBJ. Two Birds of the same feather. Here is what they voted for;
America’s inequality;
“Rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer.”

Three decades of low wages, to the 90%, with a growth of 15%. Earnings increase to the 1% have been cruising at 150% increases as to the 0.1% are racing at 300% Greater acceleration of wealth accumulation has affected the wealth at the bottom.
Middle class bastion of secured wealth accumulation has been severely oppressed. Homes lost their values. Top 1% lost wealth but it was soon recovered. Middle class years later are just now experiencing a strangulated loss gain to their investments if not a total loss. Typical 1% held 225 times the wealth of the typical middle class household. Doubling the ratio experienced as they were in 1962 and 1983.
Prior to 2007 the 1% enjoyed accumulating 57% of the nations wealth. Producing an increase in capital income after 1979 some 7/8 while those in the 95% received less than 3% of the increment.
Consider for an example; Walton’s family of the Wal-Mart empire commands a wealth of 69.7 Billion. Compare this to the total wealth of the 30% of the entire population, of the impoverished within the USA.
“Good” middle class jobs have been eviscerated that required moderate skills, like autoworkers’ jobs, in ratio to the unskilled laborers. Where in at the top greater skill levels were required.
Polarization of the labor force. Collapse of good jobs has been in affect for the last 25 years. Wages have gone down, increasing disparity of inequality in favor of the 1%. Creating a downward spiral for the middle class laborer.
Presently as an example; Single earner of family of two children, in good health, manages to work 40 hours per week,{Presently Average working hours for Americans is at 34 hours} at a wage above minimum {$8.50/hr} Pays S.S. which reduces his earnings to $8.00. Yearly income is $16,640 for 2080 hr’s of labor.
Pays no income tax but his employer charges him $200 a month for health insurance, to cover entire family and employer picks up remaining $550 cost per month of the cost to health insurance. This results in a take home pay $14,240 a year. Luck on his side, finds an apartment for $700 month with all utilities included. Now this reduces yearly earnings to $5,840 to cover all family cost for the year. Add in a car with fuel, insurance and maintenance at $3,000 per year and what remains is $2840. Under $3.00 per individual per day. No entertainment and no buffer zone for accidents or lost of wages.
Along comes the “Great Recession” Safety nets cut! Miss rent due to loss wages and homelessness looms.
One Example of nets being cut and their affect; Many states cut child care. Average monthly child care for two children $1,433 per month to be subtracted from the $2,840 a month families income. Results in $1.30 per, person per day!
Ahh now the republican way... Hoop To Do...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 15,801 - 15,820 of21,319
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Lubbock Forum right now

Search the Lubbock Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 7 hr fubar 16,959
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Sun nina roth 738
Is Mac Thornberry for Real? Sun Historian 1
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Sat sam 581
'Guardian Angel' finds missing man in Wolfforth Jul 19 camila boifield 1
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Jul 18 SomebodyKnows 650
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Jul 18 Nancy 494
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lubbock Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lubbock People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lubbock News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lubbock
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••