Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Comments (Page 753)

Showing posts 15,041 - 15,060 of21,041
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Heavy Fed wrote:
I should think that anyone could calmly and rationally debate about their religious beliefs.
Only those with doubt in their own faith... would condemn others for theirs.
If you have so much confidence in your faith... by talking to me rationally about it you should be able to win me over.
Anyone want to have a RATIONAL debate about their religion??
It does not have to be about Christianity... it can be about Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Catholicism or any other religion... it does not even have to be a recognized religion... I have sought God out everywhere I have gone... and left no stone I have come across unturned.
Everywhere I have found God... under every rock... and within every religion.
You've only to look with the love in your heart to see the truth in my words.
One only has to read your posts to see how insincere you are. Rational to you, translation, means only you go unchallenged. That ego will take you down.
You don't even know the difference between Catholicism and CHristianity. You are a stupid joke of a leader. Delusional and destructive.
If only....there would be no Jihad!

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

Heavy Fed wrote:
I should think that anyone could calmly and rationally debate about their religious beliefs.
Only those with doubt in their own faith... would condemn others for theirs.
If you have so much confidence in your faith... by talking to me rationally about it you should be able to win me over.
Anyone want to have a RATIONAL debate about their religion??
It does not have to be about Christianity... it can be about Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Catholicism or any other religion... it does not even have to be a recognized religion... I have sought God out everywhere I have gone... and left no stone I have come across unturned.
Everywhere I have found God... under every rock... and within every religion.
You've only to look with the love in your heart to see the truth in my words.
Your words are not unreasonable Fed.Everyone travels their own road....there has been quite a few bumps in my road..I would imagine the same for you....until recently, I thought....I'd never find love again...and literally out of nowhere...it came, and it seems like the first time...it made me think, you know? I've lost a lot of good people...man it hurts, because you just miss them, if you know what I mean....to me GOD represents victory over death...and other things...

“Activist, Comedian, Con Man!”

Since: Jan 09

www.HeavyFed.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
One only has to read your posts to see how insincere you are. Rational to you, translation, means only you go unchallenged. That ego will take you down.
You don't even know the difference between Catholicism and CHristianity. You are a stupid joke of a leader. Delusional and destructive.
If only....there would be no Jihad!
Rational... does not mean unchalleged.

Don't you even understand what I mean when I say I am looking for a rational DEBATE???

I EXPECT to be challenged!!!

THAT is the point!!!!

Irrational debate is what YOU are doing!!

It's a waste of time... and it's boring ME and I'm sure it's boring the readers.

Come up with some new material and challenge me intellectually rather than throwing stones the way you do!!!

www.HeavyFed.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Your words are not unreasonable Fed.Everyone travels their own road....there has been quite a few bumps in my road..I would imagine the same for you....until recently, I thought....I'd never find love again...and literally out of nowhere...it came, and it seems like the first time...it made me think, you know? I've lost a lot of good people...man it hurts, because you just miss them, if you know what I mean....to me GOD represents victory over death...and other things...
That's nice... and a nice way to think... but you cannot have victory over something that is inevitable.

You just accept it and take it where it leads you.

Death is just as natural as birth... and nothing to be feared.

I am sure when you were in your mothers stomach and began the birthing process... I am sure you were scared then... and fought to stay where you were.

But fighting death... or planning a victory over it... is as silly as fighting birth.

What if a caterpillar refused to change into a butterfly?

Do you think when you were in your mothers tummy... did you believe there were other people, other places to explore?

I think those nine months we spend in our mothers tummy... we burn off the memories of who were were before.

www.HeavyFed.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Ok, let me clarify... I understood what you meant by victory over death... not that you were fighting not to die.

I'm just sayin...
tesd

Castroville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

test

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is you that is blinded. Friends with the devil, eh? good luck on that. You can't understand my cynicism, so what?
I certainly don't have to live according to you! LOL
Milktoast as you, you can't possibly claim to be an evangelical, or any other thing related to the great commission. Stay snug in your self righteousness and hug lord of satan in you sleep even. One does not dance with the devil and go unscathed.
I didn't say what you claim, but twist away for your delusions.
I am claiming Scripture to be true, putting my cynicism aside for reprobates. I guess you are just more perfect. How many have you prayed with yourself to accept Messiah? Or is that of no concern in your theory of the great commission?
You I think, are grossly missing the real points in your PC glory.
Friends with the lord of satan is not something you should brag of.
Jesus' disciples also questioned Him on his choice of company because it didn't look good who all He was hanging out with. Jesus said that it was the sick, not the well, that need a physician. Jesus ate with the publicans and sinners. Now, in case you aren't aware, the publicans were tax-collectors and were the lowest, most hated people in society. I guess they would probably be equal to someone like drug dealers today. So, I am in the company of Jesus if I am friends with those you consider sinners. When Jesus talked to the woman at the well, she even wondered why He was even talking to her because Jews didn't associate with Samaritans, but Jesus talked to her and offered her living water. The parable of the Good Samaritan. Who showed love? The Samaritan who was not good enough for the Jews to deal with. If I needed a Good Samaritan I would trust HF one thousand times before I would want you anywhere close to me.
tesd

Castroville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

test

www.HeavyFed.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Me I Know Notheeng wrote:
<quoted text>
If I needed a Good Samaritan I would trust HF one thousand times before I would want you anywhere close to me.
Thanks, MIKN... that's probably one of the nicer things anyone has ever said about me.

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

But I don't know that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, MIKN... that's probably one of the nicer things anyone has ever said about me.
I mean it, but with you in LA I would probably just have to go to the doctor. ninjiojioni is one mean hateful pharisee. I would be scared to even let her put a band-aid on me because she would probably rub pepper juice on my injury. Regardless of what your beliefs are or who disagrees with them you show more of some Christian qualities than some people who claim to be people on here.
Really? Really?

Alice, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Please end this topic...... Let it go..... Just let it go....

“I don't believe in mathematics”

Since: Aug 08

De Leon, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

[QUOTE who="Really? Really?"]Please end this topic...... Let it go..... Just let it go....[/QUOTE]

Yes, don't they have topix forums reserved for religious delusionals?

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

.Fed, I know death is inevitable, I've never feared it much, but they've died in front of me, you know? The people you really care about, gone, just like that.I wish, quite a lot actually, that I could have sort of"taken their place".That's not part of the deal, though.Then, sometimes, I'd get the irrational feeling that maybe I could have done something, but what can anybody do? Believe me on this, nothing is more helpless, than the feeling you get, watching someone you love, slip away.Had it not been for GOD,I think I would have killed myself, from sheer grief.Now, i'm an old man, but not too old, there's still a little something left inside, and I've found love, after all these years.How it happened, was a miracle,a miracle of GOD, I'll always believe that.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Hezekiah wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, don't they have topix forums reserved for religious delusionals?
Hezekiah..why do you keep coming back to this forum, if it bothers you so much? If, as you say, we are"religious delusionals" then why not simply leave us to our"delusions", and find another forum?

“I don't believe in mathematics”

Since: Aug 08

De Leon, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Hezekiah..why do you keep coming back to this forum, if it bothers you so much? If, as you say, we are"religious delusionals" then why not simply leave us to our"delusions", and find another forum?
I just think you boys would be happier at this forum:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/christian
anonymous

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Hezekiah wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, ladies and gentlemen, shall we move then?

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Me I Know Notheeng wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean it, but with you in LA I would probably just have to go to the doctor. ninjiojioni is one mean hateful pharisee. I would be scared to even let her put a band-aid on me because she would probably rub pepper juice on my injury. Regardless of what your beliefs are or who disagrees with them you show more of some Christian qualities than some people who claim to be people on here.
Milk toast thru and thru. Friends with the world and what else?

I take it you have never led one to Messiah. No other reason to avoid the question. Enjoy your snake oil.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

waco1909 wrote:
.Fed, I know death is inevitable, I've never feared it much, but they've died in front of me, you know? The people you really care about, gone, just like that.I wish, quite a lot actually, that I could have sort of"taken their place".That's not part of the deal, though.Then, sometimes, I'd get the irrational feeling that maybe I could have done something, but what can anybody do? Believe me on this, nothing is more helpless, than the feeling you get, watching someone you love, slip away.Had it not been for GOD,I think I would have killed myself, from sheer grief.Now, i'm an old man, but not too old, there's still a little something left inside, and I've found love, after all these years.How it happened, was a miracle,a miracle of GOD, I'll always believe that.
Maybe that was a "two way" miracle, Baby! I thank God every day that you came into MY life. See you soon.;)
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Fed you really are a dumbass, babies are carried an a mothers womb, not her stomach, belly, or tummy. Also I for one do not care to debate with you on anything, as you arte not worthy of debate. You are a liar, apervert, and a false prophet. So for now I will continue to deny you, and call you out as the false prophet that you are. So carry on LIAR.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Hezekiah wrote:
<quoted text>
That showed a lot of restraint, for you.While we are on the subject, the"Rick Perry"election thing is pretty much a done deal.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 15,041 - 15,060 of21,041
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Lubbock Forum right now

Search the Lubbock Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Ted Bell 16,788
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Jul 8 Texan 719
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Jul 7 cast your vote 639
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of General ... (Oct '10) Jul 7 cast your vote 382
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) Jul 7 cast your vote 707
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of the Gene... (Oct '10) Jul 7 cast your vote 328
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jul 7 cast your vote 497
•••
•••
•••
Lubbock Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lubbock Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••