Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins an...

Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

There are 23479 comments on the El Paso Times story from Nov 2, 2010, titled Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

fubar

Corona, CA

#22921 May 10, 2014
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> As usual, blame the woman you dirty lowlife misogynist!
A very young woman, at that!
Certainly no match for a Rhodes scholar who had traveled the world, and oh yeah, was PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!
You sicken me, you foul woman hater!
California scum.
You must watch "O'REILLY" because your in the spin zone. You probably aren't old enough to remember when the Republicans shut down the government. Well according to Lewinsky she was flashing her thong at Bill to get his attention. It is not illegal to get a bj from a willing young girl(she was legal). He shouldn't have let her, but if your wife isn't providing sex, then it was his choice. She admitted she pursued him not the other way around. The Republicans did their best to try and bring down the country over a little oral sex. So you think Clarence Thomas is a pervert? You must or risk hypocrisy.

Aren't you the guy who said a woman's place is in the home?

Reagan sold weapons to Iran and used the money to arm and pay terrorists in central America. And to think you guys worship Alzheimer Ronnie.
fubar

Corona, CA

#22922 May 10, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text>. I'm sorry.
I thought the President of the most powerful country on earth, a widely traveled Rhodes scholar, a man three times older than the young inexperienced female, could have exhibited better judgment.
Silly me.
Some of your points are well taken.
Not in the case of Clinton and Lewinsky.
Inexperienced intern? You are too funny. There is nothing wrong with a woman who is comfortable in her sexuality and enjoys sex. You may not like sex but most people do, after all there are over six billion of us.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#22923 May 11, 2014
fubar wrote:
<quoted text>Inexperienced intern? You are too funny. There is nothing wrong with a woman who is comfortable in her sexuality and enjoys sex. You may not like sex but most people do, after all there are over six billion of us.
Yep, six billion people. Mostly quantity, not quality and many of them belong in Kalifornia with the rest of the pervs, morons and weirdos.

Enjoyng sex is one thing. Turning the White House into a house of ill repute is another thing.
fubar

Ashburn, VA

#22926 May 11, 2014
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, six billion people. Mostly quantity, not quality and many of them belong in Kalifornia with the rest of the pervs, morons and weirdos.
Enjoyng sex is one thing. Turning the White House into a house of ill repute is another thing.
The idiot speaks again about stuff he doesn't understand. House of ill repute?
A "house of ill repute" =whorehouse a bordello ,Monica Lewinsky blew him because she was infatuated with him(had a crush on him) she didn't do it for money, unless you're calling the stained dress a piece of memorabilia. I really should start charging you for these lessons.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#22929 May 11, 2014
fubar wrote:
<quoted text>The idiot speaks again about stuff he doesn't understand. House of ill repute?
A "house of ill repute" =whorehouse a bordello ,Monica Lewinsky blew him because she was infatuated with him(had a crush on him) she didn't do it for money, unless you're calling the stained dress a piece of memorabilia. I really should start charging you for these lessons.
That kind of thing is perfectly acceptable in Kalifornia, but it's NOT at the highest level of government. Oh well, trying to make you understand something about
moral standards and how they should apply to our leadership is akin to trying to teach quantum psychics to a monkey.
fubar

Corona, CA

#22932 May 12, 2014
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That kind of thing is perfectly acceptable in Kalifornia, but it's NOT at the highest level of government. Oh well, trying to make you understand something about
moral standards and how they should apply to our leadership is akin to trying to teach quantum psychics to a monkey.
I have read your posts and it is obvious you have very few morals. California is spelled with a "C" not a "k". Your sheep is getting jealous.
Vern Dozier

El Paso, TX

#22934 May 12, 2014
fubar wrote:
<quoted text>I have read your posts and it is obvious you have very few morals. California is spelled with a "C" not a "k". Your sheep is getting jealous.
Guns are the solution to our crime problem and that's a fact. Back in WW 2, King Olav of Norway wouldn't let his people have guns and that's why they didn't even put up a fight when the Jerrys invaded. The same is true of Ethiopia - Hallie Selassie had the fight the Italians with camels and sticks because guns were not allowed in that country. We need to supply every teacher with a pistol in their room so that if some mad intruder breaks in, they can take them out before a child is harmed. We could also end hijackings that way if every plane passenger was issued a gun when they board the plane and just have them turn it back in when the plane lands safely. Too many Americans have become all wussed out and they don't have an appreciation for how firearms built this country and they let the bleeding harts convince us to disarm. But I'll be damned if I allow my country to become Norway or Ethiopia.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#22937 May 12, 2014
fubar wrote:
<quoted text>I have read your posts and it is obvious you have very few morals. California is spelled with a "C" not a "k". Your sheep is getting jealous.
No, Texas will never be jealous of CA. They're just the butt of our jokes. It's fun to make light of the state that the entire country jokes about. Join the crowd!
fubar

San Jose, CA

#22939 May 12, 2014
Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you blame him?????
What the Liberals have been working for all along:
This bit from (of all places) The liberals country of France:
Casualties of the Sexual Revolution
Published Wednesday, May 7, A.D. 2014 | By Donald R. McClarey
kinseysex
One of my favorite sites is No Pasaran, a site from France in English that often has very illuminating posts. Below we have a section of a post by Erik discussing the costs of the sexual revolution:
The “harmless” leftists also brought us such cultural wonders as the sexual revolution, which is supposed to be a giant leap forward against a society of old-fashioned taboos.
Is that all that the revolution has brought us? Is it only all that is good?
We now live in a society where kids asked for directions run screaming from a stranger’s car because the driver was a man; where later London mayor Boris Johnson was once asked to change his seat in an airplane (in an airliner!) because the flight attendants did not want to seat a lone-traveling boy next to a singly-traveling man; where kids in French parks are forbidden to speak with any adult (certainly with any adult male) although they are their in classes of dozens running around on the grass and supervised by a number of teachers; where over 600 mall visitors walked by two lost- and “utterly forlorn”-looking girls in a Daily Mail experiment, ignoring them because they were afraid of being labeled a pedophile; and where males are no longer trusted to be in the teaching profession. Says Good Morning America’s Susan Donaldson James:
“It’s very hard to change the suspicion of men who are going to elementary education when there are so few of them,”[said Massachusetts psychologist Michael Thompson, co-author of the groundbreaking 2000 book "Raising Cain," which argues that society shortchanges boys].“Schools ask me to talk to men on their faculty and when I sit with them behind closed doors, they say the moms look at them like potential pedophiles.
“If they are too nurturing or a mother comes in and sees a teacher reading in a chair and the child is leaning against the teacher or cuddling him, they freak out,” he said.“Men tell me they only have to look in the mom’s face to know what they are thinking.”
The professor adds that
as I’ve noted before, is that if you watch old movies, or even cartoons, it’s regularly assumed that adult males have nurturing instincts. Only in our supposedly progressive era are men reduced to cardboard cutouts dominated by lust and Mammon.
This is the mighty good that the sexual revolution and its good riddance to taboos have brought us: where no one trusts anyone, where every neighbor is a predator, a pedophile, or suspected of being one, if “only” potentially. Or, almost just as bad, a wife-beater or a father with no love for his children, who deserves to have his wife divorce him, his family broken up, and himself left as destitute as possible.(You will notice that the “culprits” most often are men, who are part of the gender most associated with — dare we speak the truth without hysterics breaking out?— a spirit of independence, not giving in, and resistance to the authorities.)
You blame sexual revolution for men's plight? The sexual revolution was more about giving women their freedom. The pedophile hysteria started with the Mcmartin Preschool fiasco. The fact that of the dozens of so called victims, not even one had been molested. The media played it up in order to scare the public. The unfortunate thing, is that the public loves to be afraid, to have some sort of boogeyman.Then when it turned out the Roman Catholic Church was aiding and abetting pedophile priests, things snowballed. It is a shame ,but it has nothing to do with the sexual revolution.The only thing that bothers most men is the fact that it is almost impossible to find a virgin bride in her twenties. Why should a woman remain a virgin when men do not, for the most part.
fubar

San Jose, CA

#22940 May 12, 2014
Vern Dozier wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns are the solution to our crime problem and that's a fact. Back in WW 2, King Olav of Norway wouldn't let his people have guns and that's why they didn't even put up a fight when the Jerrys invaded. The same is true of Ethiopia - Hallie Selassie had the fight the Italians with camels and sticks because guns were not allowed in that country. We need to supply every teacher with a pistol in their room so that if some mad intruder breaks in, they can take them out before a child is harmed. We could also end hijackings that way if every plane passenger was issued a gun when they board the plane and just have them turn it back in when the plane lands safely. Too many Americans have become all wussed out and they don't have an appreciation for how firearms built this country and they let the bleeding harts convince us to disarm. But I'll be damned if I allow my country to become Norway or Ethiopia.
You are an unstable person. You want to give every person on a plane a gun? Good luck with that. Just give them a gun so you can shoot the guy who is kicking your seat or the parent who lets their kid scream or run wild in the cabin. You didn't put a lot of thought into that idea ,did you?
fubar

San Jose, CA

#22941 May 12, 2014
Well the admitted racist can't read or understand a simple post. I think YOU are jealous of deviant's(defiant' s oops) sheep.

The about California are the same ones from over thirty years ago. They were based on bullshyte then and they still are. In fact the jokes are actually a form of flattery and speak to people's jealous nature of what they don't understand or can't have. Texas is not jealous but you are. A word of warning though racist and FAKE Christians are not wanted here.

Location hidden

#22942 May 13, 2014
fubar wrote:
Well the admitted racist can't read or understand a simple post. I think YOU are jealous of deviant's(defiant' s oops) sheep.
The about California are the same ones from over thirty years ago. They were based on bullshyte then and they still are. In fact the jokes are actually a form of flattery and speak to people's jealous nature of what they don't understand or can't have. Texas is not jealous but you are. A word of warning though racist and FAKE Christians are not wanted here.
I think you are talking to me, you whacked-out fruit of a Californian.
I went through LA in 1979. I saw a bum peeing on the street, in an intersection. I didn't see that in Texas, until 2006. So, Californians are okay with paying the highest taxes in the nation?
Are they okay with having most gangs in the country? Are they okay with so many other Californians leaving for Texas?
fubar

Corona, CA

#22943 May 13, 2014
Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are talking to me, you whacked-out fruit of a Californian.
I went through LA in 1979. I saw a bum peeing on the street, in an intersection. I didn't see that in Texas, until 2006. So, Californians are okay with paying the highest taxes in the nation?
Are they okay with having most gangs in the country? Are they okay with so many other Californians leaving for Texas?
I saw rednecks peeing in parking lots in Texas over thirty years ago. I am happy people are leaving California, there are way more people in California than in Texas and in a much smaller state geographically. More power to those that leave ,may they all have happy lives.

Taxes are not the highest in the nation in Ca.,but knowing that is what FOX OR Rush told you , I forgive your lie. I know that you aren't smart enough to research your own bullshyte.

Why don't you just pull that hood back over your head and go burn some crosses. Again ,I am glad you are no longer passing yourself off as a religious person. Believe it or not,you're making progress.

Location hidden

#22944 May 13, 2014
fubar wrote:
<quoted text>I saw rednecks peeing in parking lots in Texas over thirty years ago. I am happy people are leaving California, there are way more people in California than in Texas and in a much smaller state geographically. More power to those that leave ,may they all have happy lives.
Taxes are not the highest in the nation in Ca.,but knowing that is what FOX OR Rush told you , I forgive your lie. I know that you aren't smart enough to research your own bullshyte.
Why don't you just pull that hood back over your head and go burn some crosses. Again ,I am glad you are no longer passing yourself off as a religious person. Believe it or not,you're making progress.
I am religious. I just mix it with reality. Really, there's not too many who can do that.

California ain't chit to me. Never liked it, never will. Truthfully, I don't like the Californians who moved here, either. They keep trying to compare CA to TX and, there's no comparison.

No matter what, I love Texas.
fubar

Corona, CA

#22945 May 13, 2014
Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
I am religious. I just mix it with reality. Really, there's not too many who can do that.
California ain't chit to me. Never liked it, never will. Truthfully, I don't like the Californians who moved here, either. They keep trying to compare CA to TX and, there's no comparison.
No matter what, I love Texas.
California and Texas are all part of my country the U.S.A..I lived almost half my life in Texas ,and almost half in California. I have lived in other states and a territory and liked them all in different ways. I love living in California because there is not a day of the year that I don't sleep with my windows open. I like living in an area that is truly a melting pot, the food here is fantastic except you can't get a decent chicken fried steak here, at least not anymore. I have got drive to Long Beach or LA for good soul food. I grew up on Gulf seafood a nd that is better in Texas.

When I first moved to Ca. I thought they were bad drivers but now when I go to Texas,people there tailgate and cut each other off like maniacs. I don't know if the reason people are driving so aggressively there is because everyone is carrying a gun or because of because of another reason. There seems to be less hateful and angry people here. People here don't believe in conspiracy theories as much as they seem to in Texas. Some do ,but it seems to be not as prevalent.

There are people here who claim to be Christians and are filled with hate too.
why

Hondo, TX

#22946 May 13, 2014
test

“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

#22948 May 13, 2014
fubar wrote:
<quoted text>You blame sexual revolution for men's plight? The sexual revolution was more about giving women their freedom. The pedophile hysteria started with the Mcmartin Preschool fiasco. The fact that of the dozens of so called victims, not even one had been molested. The media played it up in order to scare the public. The unfortunate thing, is that the public loves to be afraid, to have some sort of boogeyman.Then when it turned out the Roman Catholic Church was aiding and abetting pedophile priests, things snowballed. It is a shame ,but it has nothing to do with the sexual revolution.The only thing that bothers most men is the fact that it is almost impossible to find a virgin bride in her twenties. Why should a woman remain a virgin when men do not, for the most part.
While I agree with you about the difficulty of finding a virgin bride in her twenties, call me "old fashioned" but I believe it's to a woman's advantage to limit her partners given all the diseases out there that don't go away, not to mention protecting the area where her babies get their start. Of course this applies to women who want to be wives and mothers, not those who want to be treated as "one of the fellas." By the way, I don't excuse poor behavior on the part of men who act recklessly but wish to become husbands and fathers. It's just that the risks are greater for women and this should be kept in mind by the smart ones. It's high time that we should have more individuals with leadership qualities and less of those who tend to be followers, I think you'd agree...
Vern Dozier

El Paso, TX

#22949 May 13, 2014
fubar wrote:
<quoted text>You are an unstable person. You want to give every person on a plane a gun? Good luck with that. Just give them a gun so you can shoot the guy who is kicking your seat or the parent who lets their kid scream or run wild in the cabin. You didn't put a lot of thought into that idea ,did you?
Actually, I put a hell of a lot of thought into it, which is why I cited historical examples to prove my point. I didn't say anything about shooting annoying people. You have twisted my words all brass backwards. You are therefore the unstable one, incapable of honest discourse and whose sole intent is to titillate and deceive. Shame on your mother for raising such a dishonest child.
Gasman

Houston, TX

#22950 May 13, 2014
Still farting....
Lupe Alvarez

El Paso, TX

#22951 May 13, 2014
Edthirty wrote:
<quoted text>
While I agree with you about the difficulty of finding a virgin bride in her twenties, call me "old fashioned" but I believe it's to a woman's advantage to limit her partners given all the diseases out there that don't go away, not to mention protecting the area where her babies get their start. Of course this applies to women who want to be wives and mothers, not those who want to be treated as "one of the fellas." By the way, I don't excuse poor behavior on the part of men who act recklessly but wish to become husbands and fathers. It's just that the risks are greater for women and this should be kept in mind by the smart ones. It's high time that we should have more individuals with leadership qualities and less of those who tend to be followers, I think you'd agree...
As a general rule you may be right but you also might be a misogynist too. Women like to let their hair down, so to speak, and have some fun like men do. If we go out for the evening and have a few drinks purchased for us by a gentleman, it's only natural if he's handsome to want to thank him. Some women may give them a kiss, others join them for a dance, and still others might take him home or out to the parking lot for some good, old-fashioned, down and dirty fun. If a woman wants to spread for a man, that is her business and women who are highly orgasmic like to do that often. It's a rush of adrenaline and a way to relieve stress. Besides, men don't want to marry a virgin because she'll just lay there on the wedding night. On such an austere occasion as that, most grooms want a woman who can show them a good time and give them a wild ride. If she is a virgin, she has no idea how to blow or stroke or go butt up, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lubbock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Vape 180 (Sep '13) Aug 7 Namrak 14
Obama released 242 from prison Aug 5 bettyB 1
Black Lives Matter - Aug 30 Aug 5 pauli 1
Un caring customer service at lab corp Aug 4 susan p 2
Nikki dee ray (Apr '15) Jul '16 RVAHanoverJamaBama 38
News Lubbock Scraps Holly Name at Two Sites (May '07) Jul '16 Jiminy Cricket 32
Drake Routier - Darlie Routier's son (Sep '09) Jul '16 SLYcrafts 517

Lubbock Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance