warrenjoe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2009

Years ago (back in the 60s and 70s), my parents used to take me and my brothers to a place on (if I remember right...) 19th near LHS, named Bruce's Aztec Inn for Mexican food every Friday night. When Bruce closed the place in the early 70s, some of the recipies went to a place called Country Kitchen, and they've been closed too since the 70s or 80s. But the Aztec Inn's food was the best Mexican food I've ever had.

Well, I haven't lived in Lubbock since the early 80s but my wife and I do travel back to Lubbock six or eight times a year. So my question is this: Aside from Abuelo's, what is a very, very good Mexian food place in Lubbock nowadays?

I remember that the Amstad Cafe (downtown) used to be superb for lunch; but are they even there anymore?
cooler

Shallowater, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2009

El Jalepeno is the best mexican food in lubbock.
guyhyde

Manhattan, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Wow - how well I remember Bruce's Aztec Inn. The food was exceptional. I was at Texas Tech 65-68, and worked as host for Bruce three years. He was an fabulous person to work for - tough, but always willing to teach and give of his time and resources, if needed. One of the best things I remember was during Basketball season. As the dorms did not serve food on Sunday nights back then, and there was always a game on Saturday - Bruce always fed the entire team on Sunday night. If they won the game on Saturday, they would get a full steak dinner - if they lost, they got to choose from the regular Mexican fare menu. I got to know many of the players, coaches, as well as a host of Lubbock business and civi leaders during my years there. I could really go for a plate of Bruce's stacked beef enchiladas right now here in Montana.
Juan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Montelongos is very good if youre on the north side of Lubbock.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Lubbock Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lubbock People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance