Moving to Lubbock - cost of living q...

Moving to Lubbock - cost of living question

Posted in the Lubbock Forum

Maya

Tel Aviv, Israel

#1 Jul 4, 2011
Hi, I would be happy to get some info about cost of living in Lubbock. We are moving to Lubbock in September for a postdoctoral position that my husband found in TTU. His scholarship will be 40,000$ for one year. We have a doughter age 3 and a little baby who will stay home with me. We wondered if this scholarship would be enough to maintain normal life in Lubbock, including 3 bedroom apartment, kindergarten, one car, eating, shopping, life, ext...
Does anybody can assist in astimating?
We will appriciate it,
Maya,
Another Anonymous

AOL

#2 Aug 5, 2011
It is possible, but you will have to economize a bit, due to kindergarten and other child-related expenses. No big dinners out every week, shop at discount stores, etc. You might economize by renting a house near TTU vs. an apartment. Lubbock historically has one of the lowest COL in Texas. Good luck, and Welcome to Lubbock.
Another Anonymous

AOL

#3 Aug 5, 2011
I forgot to add: you would have an expense for car payment if car is financed, plus car insurance (required by law). House/apartment utilities could include electric, gas, water/sewer/garbage, phone, cable tv.
Maya

Hod Hasharon, Israel

#4 Aug 7, 2011
Thanks for the info. It was helpful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lubbock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Sat Fartman 904
News Racist Texas Teacher Fired Jul 3 Spotted Girl 298
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jul 1 Farters 742
Debate: Gay Marriage - Lubbock, TX (Jul '10) Jun 29 Bill Kritzer 104
Drake Routier - Darlie Routier's son (Sep '09) Jun 29 Here2Opine 478
Anyone know April Lovell, daughter of Bud? Jun 26 Anonymous 1
Any one know April Lovell, Bud's daughter? Jun 26 Anonymous 1
More from around the web

Lubbock People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Lubbock Mortgages