Next Last

Since: Feb 08

middle of nowhere

#1 Mar 6, 2008
i love it... i dont want to live anywhere else
Arkey

Plano, TX

#2 Mar 10, 2008
I wish I still lived there. Maybe it's because I was raised there but there is no other place I've been that feels like home

Since: Feb 08

middle of nowhere

#3 Mar 10, 2008
Arkey wrote:
I wish I still lived there. Maybe it's because I was raised there but there is no other place I've been that feels like home
cool i am glad you miss my home time
smokeeater

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Aug 20, 2008
Seasi wrote:
<quoted text> cool i am glad you miss my home time
I sure miss it, too.
BRIAN COLIE

Lufkin, TX

#5 Sep 23, 2008
THIS PLACE SUCKS THE DIRT IT IS MADE OF !

This city is run by a select few in local government and the select few outside the local government that have the money to influence those in the local government.

This city tells us what is good for us instead of the people telling the city what is good for us.

Roads are in horrible shape (34st just off the top).

You can't even buy alchohol in the damn city despite the PEOPLE want it.

No, this city is nothing but CRAP !

I've finally got a good job outside of this armpit and will be out of here Oct.1

In closing let me say this,

If GOD were to give the USA an enema, GOD would stick the tube right here in lubbock, tx.

I hope this crap hole burns to hell one day.
Cool Like Fonzie

Lufkin, TX

#6 Sep 23, 2008
I've lived in better and worse. It's ok here, not much to do.

“I am what I am”

Since: Sep 08

Levelland

#7 Sep 24, 2008
Although Lubbock (and surrounding areas) has it's problems, there is no other sky like the one there.
Youre a jerk

Lubbock, TX

#8 Sep 30, 2008
I'm glad you're leaving. And no, I don't need a ride.
t41rt42

Spur, TX

#9 Oct 5, 2008
Brian Colie

Don't let the doornob hit you on the way out...good riddance !!!!
bdjtexas

Austin, TX

#10 Oct 7, 2008
I'll always have a soft spot for Lubbock. I was born there and raised there - lived there for 30 years. I graduated from Monterey in 1979 and later got a BS and MS at Tech. There are friends and things I miss. I've been away from lubbock now for 17 years, living in Dallas and now central Texas, and every once in a while I think longingly of Lubbock. However, I have to admit that I really like the trees and the rolling hill country. But, as I said, Lubbock is place that will always have a soft spot in my heart.

Since: Aug 07

Jefferson, GA

#12 Oct 14, 2008
Any jobs in Lubbock, I have family there, and am thinking of moving there from Georgia.
I love Lubbock

Lubbock, TX

#13 Oct 21, 2008
I was born and raised in Lubbock. I married a military personnel and moved hither and yon for over 17 years, only to land back here in Lubbock. What Lubbock lacks in scenery it makes up for with the people. Lubbock is a big town with a small town attitude. Neighbors still help neighbors even when they do not know them. We have almost as many churches as we do restaurants. If you break down on the side of the road, someone will stop to offer assistance. It is a good place to raise kids who will ultimately decide Lubbock is an armpit, flee to a metropolitan area only to land back in Lubbock, to once again call Lubbock home. I have lived in some very scenic areas, but life is not about scenery it is about the people in your life. After all you do not take scenery to heaven with you, you take the people in your life. So sit back and take a deep breath of air that those blasted sand storms have cleansed and enjoy Lubbock for what it is.
Heywood Jablowme

Lufkin, TX

#14 Oct 28, 2008
Lubbock (herein referred to as "Buttock") sucks rocks!

I have to agree with Brian Colie, except that he forgot to mention that Buttock is filled with rednecks and whitetrash.

The people here are so uneducated (or to be fair, under-educated), it isn't even funny. And the real irony is, Texas Tech is the driving force of the community.

Overall, Lubbock is a pretty miserable place, even if the people are friendly.

Since: Nov 08

United States

#15 Nov 1, 2008
We just moved here but so far so good!

Since: Aug 07

Commerce, GA

#16 Nov 9, 2008
I'll be moving to Lubbock after Christmas, we'll see how it goes.
Zack66

Toronto, Canada

#17 Nov 3, 2009
I don't live in Lubbock now, but have in the past.
I liked it, then again I'm comparing it to Windsor Ontario. It's getting cold here now.
You have a lot of good eating and drinking establishments. A lot of variety. If I want Mexican food I have to go to Detroit.
White boys with shaved heads don't do so well in Detroit.
hey all

Union City, TN

#18 Nov 21, 2009
i miss lubbock , lived there all thru my teen years went to o.l. slaton junior high then lubbock high, then transfered to frenship out in wolforth for the last few months of my senior year in 89. miss the people and the places , where else can you go to prarie dog town in the mornin and see ac/dc at the coloseum that night lol.

ISA

Since: May 07

New York - born and raised

#19 Dec 5, 2009
Tod Nusse wrote:
I'll be moving to Lubbock after Christmas, we'll see how it goes.
I know you will love it.....I miss it at lot.....wish I could go back but I must stay with my family.
leave it

Temple, TX

#20 Jan 28, 2010
Glad to be gone from Lubbock. Flat, brown, conservative, what's to like? School system sucks, nothing to do, why would anyone live there?(It's a rhetorical question;I don't care what reason you might have for doing so.) Not to mention when cotton ginning season starts. If you don't have to go there, don't. Unless you are a white boy with a shaved head...
In Shock

Lufkin, TX

#21 Jan 28, 2010
The water here is sickening literally. You cant drink it, have to purchase bottled water or dehydrate. Bathing in the water is almost as bad. The streets are in pathetic shape, they will ruin your car. The city is full of trash, I don't believe anyone here knows what a trash can is for. After today I wonder if they actually have storm drains, if they do I'm certain they are plugged with the trash that everyone throws into the street. I don't believe the people of Lubbock love their city or they would take better care of it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lubbock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nikki dee ray 20 hr Edward 22
jadera diet pills for sale (Apr '13) Feb 25 christina 26
DPS Trooper Caught on Video Breaking Glass (Aug '07) Feb 24 Cks 5
Debate: Marijuana - Lubbock, TX (Aug '10) Feb 23 Brian 130
Carpenter's Church announces plans to develop h... Feb 22 madrebel1984 1
Drake Routier - Darlie Routier's son (Sep '09) Feb 22 Here2Opine 461
looking Feb 19 someone 1
Lubbock Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web