Family loses one son in Iraq, the other in Afghanistan

Full story: China Daily

Andrew Velez's older brother was killed in Iraq almost two years ago, the Lubbock man escorted the soldier's body home.
Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Wednesday Aug 6
Velez Family

Old Hickory, TN

#1 Jul 26, 2006
I just wanted to let the Velez family know how sorry I am for the loss of their two sons. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time. I hope the people of this country appreciate the sacrifices your sons made for this country, I know I do. My son was over there fighting also. God Bless you now and always.
Jeann Liberato Anaheim CA

Glendale, CA

#2 Jul 26, 2006
Although I do not have a child who went to war, I have friends and relatives who have. And I have lost a child to death. It is difficult; almost the worst thing that could happen to anyone.
I was happy, however to see your family's tremendous faith in the Lord and His strength will pull you through this terrible time.
Families really are forever.
Both of your outstanding young sons gave their lives for the rest of us, that we might live free. Freedom comes at a cost that is dear. My father was in the Army Air Corp in Africa in WWII. He instilled in his children love for Country, Flag and Family.
Gratefully, I submit my family's love and condolences.
Remember this always:
John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
I am grateful and proud, yet humbled, in knowing that your two sons are my friends. Every last freedom-loving person in every country, especially this one, the USA, should feel the same.
Thank you for your sacrifice, too, and the wonderful parenting job you have done. They both rest with the Lord; therein we can be joyous. They have gone home to wait for us.
Eva from New Jersey

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Jul 27, 2006
The thoughts and prayers of the entire nation are with the Velez family at this time. America mourns the loss of these brave heroes.
USMC Wife

Chula Vista, CA

#6 Jul 27, 2006
Jeann Liberato Anaheim CA wrote:
Although I do not have a child who went to war, I have friends and relatives who have. And I have lost a child to death. It is difficult; almost the worst thing that could happen to anyone.
I was happy, however to see your family's tremendous faith in the Lord and His strength will pull you through this terrible time.
Families really are forever.
Both of your outstanding young sons gave their lives for the rest of us, that we might live free. Freedom comes at a cost that is dear. My father was in the Army Air Corp in Africa in WWII. He instilled in his children love for Country, Flag and Family.
Gratefully, I submit my family's love and condolences.
Remember this always:
John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
I am grateful and proud, yet humbled, in knowing that your two sons are my friends. Every last freedom-loving person in every country, especially this one, the USA, should feel the same.
Thank you for your sacrifice, too, and the wonderful parenting job you have done. They both rest with the Lord; therein we can be joyous. They have gone home to wait for us.
Is this realy necessary on this site?
Can we please respect the fallen - its the least we can do
Believer

Savannah, GA

#7 Jul 27, 2006
USMC Wife wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this realy necessary on this site?
Can we please respect the fallen - its the least we can do
It is necessary if the family trusts in the Lord, which I believe they do.
To the Velez Family: Your son has not fallen, he has risen with our Savior. God be with you.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#9 Apr 23, 2014
That's ridiculous over 2 bogus wars
Big John Wayne

London, UK

#10 May 15, 2014
Velez Family wrote:
I just wanted to let the Velez family know how sorry I am for the loss of their two sons. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time. I hope the people of this country appreciate the sacrifices your sons made for this country, I know I do. My son was over there fighting also. God Bless you now and always.
Why would God bless these murdering warmongers?
The sons did not sacrifice anything for the US and nothing was gained by their futile deaths.
This family should accept the fact that the parents incompetently raised two duped cretins who thought murdering innocent Afghans and Iraqis was ethical.
Oliver Cromwell

Liverpool, UK

#11 May 15, 2014
Just two more wasted lives,these people really think they are fighting for their Country,what they are fighting for is the insane New world order big oil and criminal Oligarchs.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#12 Wednesday Aug 6
The Gop/Blue dog Oligarchs have stock in UAE Oil

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lubbock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 4 hr fubar 22,288
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 4 hr fubar 17,877
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 10 hr Wow Wee 524
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) 11 hr That Fart Guy 722
movin to lubbock frm tn Thu mee 1
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Thu Gasman 663
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 618
•••
•••
•••

Lubbock Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lubbock People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lubbock News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lubbock
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••