Zoo Do Nim

AOL

#1 Jun 13, 2009
Took in the open house at Tug Hill Winery today up on the Yancay Road outside of West Lowville. They had free tastings of various styles of wine from a 1/2 dozen other NY wineries. Their's won't be ready for another year or two. Really top drawer event, transported me back to the "big city." If you didn't go, you missed out. They're planning other events starting later in the month. TugHillWinery.com has more details.
Frank Rizzo

Rome, NY

#2 Jun 13, 2009
I have yet to see a Winery in a Big City, but I hope they do well.
correct facts

AOL

#3 Jun 13, 2009
Zoo Do Nim wrote:
Took in the open house at Tug Hill Winery today up on the Yancay Road outside of West Lowville. They had free tastings of various styles of wine from a 1/2 dozen other NY wineries. Their's won't be ready for another year or two. Really top drawer event, transported me back to the "big city." If you didn't go, you missed out. They're planning other events starting later in the month. TugHillWinery.com has more details.
thanks for posting this.I just enjoyed viewing the website. Hope to get up to one of the events soon.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#4 Jun 13, 2009
The winery is just beautiful! Saw it last weekend. The Maring's have done a wonderful job and they have done their homework. In a couple of weeks, they are going to start having Sunday breakfast. Yuum!
Zoo Do Nim

AOL

#5 Jul 1, 2009
Did anyone out there go to the winery for the Thursday night "wine down" or weekend brunch, and would care to share their impressions? I would have gone, but was out of town. The refined setting should be a welcomed addition to the social calendar. I look forward to attending regularly.
Foodie

AOL

#6 Jul 12, 2009
Visited the THV for brunch today. They said they're getting around 80-90 people each Sunday. They have about a dozen different offerings, that change every weekend, but always have omelettes. Today I particularly liked the fruit salad w/ fresh pineapple, cantaloupe, watermelon, raspberries and blueberries. I recommend getting there before 1 o'clock as some things were gone by then. One of the staff said they may consider shortening it to 1:00 instead of 10-2, because there doesn't seem to be many people arriving between 1 and 2.$13 dollars and change for one trip to the buffet, 18 and change for unlimited. View.... priceless!
Confused

Ithaca, NY

#7 Jul 12, 2009
I have heard that on one Sunday they only had a few items and the charge was 17.95 and coffee wasn't included...eggs cold. Maybe they just need time to get things organized and "feel out" the brunch hours and crowd.
Nice to hear that this Sunday was a good experience. Beautiful place.
Druthers

AOL

#8 Jul 13, 2009
I think they should serve an hour earlier from 9-1. That way they could get the early AND late church goers as well as the people that have been up since six. I agree there's some kinks to work out. Food does need to be hotter, and enough, so everyone can try what's "offered" on the signboard. When it's as cool as it has been, it would be really nice for them to get a fire going in the fireplace too. There's huge potential, they've just got to get up to speed.
Zoo Do Nim

AOL

#9 Jul 13, 2009
Does anyone know if they have a regular cook/chef or are trying to find one? With the caliber of their facility they should go w/ a pro. I'm rooting for full time restaurant. Also praying that someone would develop a better standards place (maybe a supper club) at the old Mareilly's building in Croghan. People are begging for some better choices around here.
peacekeeper

Ithaca, NY

#10 Jul 14, 2009
Zoo Do Nim wrote:
Does anyone know if they have a regular cook/chef or are trying to find one? With the caliber of their facility they should go w/ a pro. I'm rooting for full time restaurant. Also praying that someone would develop a better standards place (maybe a supper club) at the old Mareilly's building in Croghan. People are begging for some better choices around here.
Totally agree! The winery does not have a regular chef...in fact the one that they have is leaving in August.
mad science

AOL

#11 Sep 13, 2009
Zoo Do Nim wrote:
Was at the vineyard today for brunch. Imagine my surprise when I saw Bonnie who USED to own the Croghan Diner when the food there WAS great, come out of the kitchen. She's topped herself w/ the opportunity to go more upscale at THV. Seafood newburg soup, ham & asparagus quiche, french toast bread pudding, chocolate mousse tarts, fresh fruit&cheese kabobs w/ kalua sauce, were just some of the things offered today. From what I heard, the Sunday buffet will continue as long as interest remains through the fall. It's from 10-1, alcohol served only after noon. Coffee is included now, welcome change. They even lit the fireplace today, if you plan to sit on the porch be sure to wear warmer clothing, we were a bit chilly even sitting inside w/ the porch doors open. Thanks Bonnie, keep the goodies coming, we missed you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Croghan women charged with second-degree crimin... 4 hr the real Jeremy k... 11
Seeking Info 4 hr help 3
Common Core Opt-Out 23 hr food stamps eh 4
so loving this Sat oxy cotton and pi... 37
dating Sat Maggie 13
help Sat Your Back 3
Wedding Ring - Humiliating Sat Go Cart 6
More from around the web

Lowville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]