what do u use when diaper wipes dry out?

Posted in the Lowville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bigger Bitch Then U

Constableville, NY

#1 Aug 15, 2009
Latley ive been noticeing that my babys diaper wipes have been drying out.I think its because of the heat what do I use to get the dipaer wipes back to normal? a small amount of water? water and baby soap?

Since: Jan 09

AOL

#2 Aug 15, 2009
Just my thought is try a little baby lotion in it too and keep the container in a zip lock bag to help keep the moisture in. Read the ingrediants on the package and that may give you an idea of what you can add. Or try and google dried out baby wipes. HOpe this helps

Since: Jan 09

AOL

#3 Aug 15, 2009
Second Life for Wipes
By Heloise
Can you rehydrate unused baby wipes that dried out?
—Keith Kobb, Harrisburg, PA

Many readers tell me they add a few drops of tap water or baby oil to the bottom of the plastic container, seal it, and turn it upside down. If you keep the lid tightly closed and store the box away from heat sources, the wipes should last longer. Baby wipes have many uses: They're great for quickly cleaning phones, sticky purse linings, and dirty hands. You can also use them for spiffing up faucets and sinks (but they're not safe for marble or granite).

This is from Heloise at Goodhouskeeping.
yeah

Caroga Lake, NY

#4 Aug 15, 2009
I think the only part that you're looking for here is the first part... but here are some ideas if they completely dry out as well.

Soak the dried out baby wipes in a small amount of water and reseal in the package. Then you can use these freshly moistened wipes for your normal baby uses.

Step 2Dampen a dry baby wipe with water or a combination of water and bathroom cleanser. Then, wipe your bathroom countertops, tub and toilet basin to clean. Dispose properly after using them to clean.

Step 3Use dry baby wipes or barely dampened ones to scrub down your shower stall. Spray the stall first with bathroom cleanser, let it set for a few minutes and then wipe the entire stall down for a shine.

Step 4Dust your furniture using a dry baby wipe. Apply a little dusting spray to use the baby wipe to dust wood furniture or use a little window cleanser to wipe down glass windows or table tops.

Step 5Make your chrome shine by using a dry baby wipe with the appropriate cleanser for your chrome to remove any soap scum and water stains. Use a second dry baby wipe to buff to a shine.

Step 6Keep dry baby wipes in a room with a patient or sick family member. The dry baby wipes are perfect for quick wipe ups that are small in size. The dry baby wipes are stronger than a tissue and do not shred apart like a tissue.

Step 7Store some dry baby wipes in your auto glove box for a variety of uses. They can take the place of napkins for finger clean ups, use them to clean your sun glasses while you're in the car and even to dampen slightly to use to wipe off your auto dash and interior.
jellie bean

Constableville, NY

#5 Aug 15, 2009
I re wet them simple . is this a trick question?
Get Over It

Constableville, NY

#6 Aug 15, 2009
I keep mine stored in a container or zip baggie. Adding a little water will help and so will the lotion.
Bigger Bitch Then U

Constableville, NY

#7 Aug 16, 2009
I will try your Ideas =) Thankyou all for helping me.
brandy

Holland Patent, NY

#8 Aug 16, 2009
try maybe putting them in the refrigerator.not sure if it will help never tired it either.my kids arent small anymore.but it will keep them cool and moist im sure
Zoo Do Nim

AOL

#9 Aug 17, 2009
nice lady wrote:
Second Life for Wipes
By Heloise
Can you rehydrate unused baby wipes that dried out?
—Keith Kobb, Harrisburg, PA
Many readers tell me they add a few drops of tap water or baby oil to the bottom of the plastic container, seal it, and turn it upside down. If you keep the lid tightly closed and store the box away from heat sources, the wipes should last longer. Baby wipes have many uses: They're great for quickly cleaning phones, sticky purse linings, and dirty hands. You can also use them for spiffing up faucets and sinks (but they're not safe for marble or granite).
This is from Heloise at Goodhouskeeping.
"not safe on marble OR granite," and they're wiping down the part where the sun don't shine? YIKES!
Love todays kids

Caroga Lake, NY

#10 Aug 17, 2009
Here's a thought.... with todays tough times, maybe a good old fashion washcloth. Then you can rinse it out and use it over. Over the course of a baby being in diapers it will save you over $500.00! Not a bad start on a college fund.
yeah

Caroga Lake, NY

#11 Aug 17, 2009
Love todays kids wrote:
Here's a thought.... with todays tough times, maybe a good old fashion washcloth. Then you can rinse it out and use it over. Over the course of a baby being in diapers it will save you over $500.00! Not a bad start on a college fund.
Would be fine for that use, but I use baby wipes for virtually EVERYTHING! LOL
Bigger Bitch Then U

Lowville, NY

#12 Aug 18, 2009
Love todays kids wrote:
Holy I didnt even know I could have saved alot of money so far.I buy the 6 pack 80-88 count for 7.00-8.00 bucks its lasts for a month 2 months but still could put it in her piggy bank.
Bigger Bitch Then U

Lowville, NY

#13 Aug 18, 2009
jellie bean wrote:
I re wet them simple . is this a trick question?

nope not a trick question just trying to get others input.
okkkkkkk

Constableville, NY

#14 Aug 19, 2009
Who cares throw, Them away, WOW.
Bigger Bitch Then U

Lowville, NY

#15 Aug 19, 2009
wow seems your a real bitchy person unlike you I dont waste things I dont just throw things away that can be used I dont blow blow blow money on something that I already ahve that I can find some simple solution to fix the problem with.
Bigger Bitch Then U

Lowville, NY

#16 Aug 19, 2009
I Thank all of you for the great ideas you gave me and for keeping this a pleasant post except 4 1 but hey u always have to have one rude person one these posts right?=)
OKKKK IS A DOUCHEBAG

Bellingham, WA

#17 Jun 22, 2011
Okkkkk needs to get a life. Seriously. I'm sure she has never had kids you can just tell...I live in an executive home on the beach and I'm not hurting for money in any way but who would respond like that? A psycho!
Your ma

Constableville, NY

#18 Jun 23, 2011
I usually just urinate on them to remoisten them.
swamp dog in lousiana

Lafayette, LA

#19 Jun 23, 2011
three tablespoons water one ofbaby lotion is the ratio you have to judge how moist you want them mix ing. before putting in bottom of container
Catlady

Denver, CO

#20 Jun 23, 2011
It's important not to use too much water or they may mildew. I've had that happen when I rewetted wet ones that dried out. Shouldn't throw away if they can be saved, irregardless of the money issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alan Miller (Nov '08) 17 hr yawn 41
Daniel R King (Jul '12) 20 hr Lowville bystander 113
Jobs coming in Utica with potential impact on L... 21 hr Thunder Thighed U... 46
Lowville man charged with second-degree assault Sat LMFAO 4
Crime warner cable Rate Hikes Sat Cousin Jim 4
music Sat Truth 4
get rid of the DA Sat WhoYouKnoWrite 1
Lowville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lowville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lowville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lowville

Personal Finance