Posted in the Lowville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tolerance is a virtue

Cary, NC

#2 Dec 3, 2012
Unfair --- that's an understatement!

This is outrageous (another understatement), possibly verging on corrupt (We'll see how this plays out in the end!).

How often does this happen?

Wonder if the cops failed to get any evidence from the person or the vehicle?

How are the Amish supposed to feel about the system, or for that matter anyone not in the protected circle?
skeeter

Lowville, NY

#3 Dec 3, 2012
Tolerance is a virtue wrote:
Unfair --- that's an understatement!
This is outrageous (another understatement), possibly verging on corrupt (We'll see how this plays out in the end!).
How often does this happen?
Wonder if the cops failed to get any evidence from the person or the vehicle?
How are the Amish supposed to feel about the system, or for that matter anyone not in the protected circle?
I heard it was another Amish person.
agree

Gloversville, NY

#4 Dec 4, 2012
I think it must be someone of importance. Must have been drinking and had to sober up so called the next day. Still no reason not to release the drivers name. What kind of charges will this person get? Had to have known they hit something unless they were really wasted.
Tolerance is a virtue

Cary, NC

#5 Dec 4, 2012
agree wrote:
I think it must be someone of importance. Must have been drinking and had to sober up so called the next day. Still no reason not to release the drivers name. What kind of charges will this person get? Had to have known they hit something unless they were really wasted.
Hope they aren't counting on this hit and run coward to give them any REAL information in exchange for a reduced charge and protected privileges.
maybe

Lowville, NY

#6 Dec 4, 2012
they are still investigating. give them some space and time.
he is a loser

Boonville, NY

#7 Dec 4, 2012
I heard Carp gave the driver his card. I bet that will scare him. just another example of the sheriff being a loser.
patience is a virtue

Lowville, NY

#9 Dec 4, 2012
yeah, so maybe he did, but there must be a reason it hasn't been released yet - like they're investigating what to charge him with.
patience is a virtue

Lowville, NY

#11 Dec 4, 2012
Did I say he wasn't in the wrong? He/she should be charged. All I said was that the police may still be trying to decide what to charge him/her with. Take a chill pill!
HARRIET

Johnsburg, NY

#12 Dec 4, 2012
you no it will take some time look at what we got for cops they have to draw a picture.they just want us to forget it.
Chattahoochee

United States

#13 Dec 5, 2012
Its posted on newzjunky. I hate that c sucker.
Lowville Spotlight

New York, NY

#14 Dec 5, 2012
How did you get this topix up on very top to Lowville Spotlight?Thanks...Peace
Tolerance is a virtue

Cary, NC

#15 Dec 7, 2012
Lowville Spotlight wrote:
How did you get this topix up on very top to Lowville Spotlight?Thanks...Peace
It was put on the top under "Spotlight" because soo many people read it --- and commented on it. It's an automatic thing that the topix system does all by itself (at least that is what I believe judging from the posts that have wound-up there).
Insightful

Carthage, NY

#16 Dec 7, 2012
I heard it was Elvis and the press can't explain it.
Lowville Spotlight

New York, NY

#17 Dec 7, 2012
Tolerance is a virtue wrote:
<quoted text>
It was put on the top under "Spotlight" because soo many people read it --- and commented on it. It's an automatic thing that the topix system does all by itself (at least that is what I believe judging from the posts that have wound-up there).
Thanks for the Info. BUTT this topic only has 17-comments now so I cant believe all of that,but as far as many ppl read it I wouldnt know.Now their in none up their,maybe someone else knows more...Thankx.
haha

Johnstown, NY

#18 Dec 7, 2012
The buggies need to stay out of the way. Why don't they have to follow the same rule we do ? They drive at night with no lights, if I fit them it's my fault. That's not right. I have seen buggies not stop at stop signs and get away with it.
tom

Lowville, NY

#19 Dec 8, 2012
I have never seen a buggie on the road with out lights.day or night
Outsidelookingin

New York, NY

#20 Dec 8, 2012
I drive Rte. 12 everyday, I have come upon the Amish buggies almost everyday, during the day and night. THEY ALL HAVE LIGHTS AND CAUTION MARKERS ON THEIR BUGGIES. Some even have lanterns on the front of the buggies. haha...pull your head out of your arse and admit that it is the rest of us who need to slow down and practice caution...
not

Lowville, NY

#21 Dec 8, 2012
Outsidelookingin wrote:
I drive Rte. 12 everyday, I have come upon the Amish buggies almost everyday, during the day and night. THEY ALL HAVE LIGHTS AND CAUTION MARKERS ON THEIR BUGGIES. Some even have lanterns on the front of the buggies. haha...pull your head out of your arse and admit that it is the rest of us who need to slow down and practice caution...
I came upon 3 buggies around 4:30pm last night on that road ...2 did NOT have flashing lights and the other one you could BARELY see them ...Good thing I was paying attention to the road and what was in front of me because the 2 with out lights i would have never seen them ...really didn't until I was just about on top of them. they should NOT be on the roads after dark ...or with Vehicles that go 55 mph +.
Excuse Me

Glenfield, NY

#22 Dec 8, 2012
Still doesn't explain how he didn't know he hit them...he hit hard enough to cause damage to his vehicle and throw their horse. He left them there.... He knew what happened, he is a sorry excuse of a man and a coward.
haha

Johnstown, NY

#23 Dec 8, 2012
Outsidelookingin wrote:
I never said that we don't need to slow down and I have seen buggies without lights at night and have almost fit them myself. And if the person was drinking why wouldnt they run. They got a lot less trouble now then what they would of had!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lewis County Sheriff What a Joke 8 hr Ignoranus 30
Lowville Derby 15 hr lol 5
Reward offered (Jan '12) Tue CuriousCat 19
Anyone Familiar with a Guy Named Jeff Janzti (Apr '09) Tue Pine Trees 48
What's the best thing to do? Tue Ignoranus 2
Lowville woman charged with DWI Jul 26 manda 34
fast food money Jul 26 former customer 25
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lowville Mortgages