United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2010

Judged:

Can any one see this issue getting off the ground?
If you have an appointment in lets say watertown @ 2:00 pm you have to catch a bus 4 hours ahead of your appointment time. Will I have to share a ride with the retarts who work on Forest Ave? This is just BULL-SHIT. If the system that is in place now is working why change it. How much money is Birnie bus going to be making? Do they get paid per person or by the run if a participant uses the bus? Bet some place some-one will be down and deep into some-ones pockets!
Hmmm

Larchmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2010

Judged:

I'll be damn if I'm going to use it I'll just keep driving myself.
its me

Fort Plain, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2010

Judged:

there is no way i would want to ride on one of those busses, not because of the ones who ride on them, but the drivers themselves, has anyone else noticed that the drivers are either retirerment age or they look like they should be one of the riders instead of drivers. i know one of the ones who just started in the last year likes his booze. and i have also seen one of the lady drivers that go to boonville smoking on the bus and i seen her more then once.
Limp along

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2010

Judged:

Well I guess the local and state as well as the federal goverment is having more to say about how their funds are being used. I guess if you need services you better be prepaired to put up with the bull that comes with the program. It is managed healthcare by the goverment (local as well as federal). I guess you can't complain about free healthcare, a free bus ride , and free medication. (oh and no deductables and no thresholds to meet) You more than likly will soon be asking for rides to the local farmers market as well as rides to the grocery store. If I rub 2 nickels together I get 8 cents change. It has been like that all my life and I don't want the goverment minding my lost 2 cents. So be happy with what the Local Medicaid is offering you, cause just remember it all can come to an end very quickly. Every-one here in Lewis County is feeling the hurt not just you welfare participants. Merry Christmas and HO-HO-HO
Hmmm

Larchmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2010

Hey limp along who said anything about welfare u jerk I have dialysis and I'm not welfare so piss off.
Limp along

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2010

Hay Hmmm
So you receive no benifits from the social system?
Then why will you be using the transportation?
I am truly sorry that you have to travel so often for this type of service and I am well aware that we don't have this here in Lewis County. My point to you is .....Will you be able to use the Birnie Bus to go to and fro your dialysis? If not I take it that you will be driving yourself or a family member will be doing it for you. I do hope that you get to feel better soon and get back on your feet soon and enjoy a full life full of fun and laughter. The only thing I have a problem with is that the Welfare Cheats now have a transportation system to move around on and fee free.
Hmmm

Larchmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2010

This has nothing to do with welfare. Medicaid and Medicare are not easy to get. There is no cheating the system to receive it. You have to truely have a disability documented by several doctors. The point of this post was stating that you shouldn't have to go wait hours ahead of time for a bus when you can get a driver or drive yourself. I know that I will drive myself since I Also run errands and the bus drivers won't be aloud to go anywhere other then the appt. Just because people don't see a disability doesn't mean there isn't one or that they are faking. Very few people know of my illness and I prefer it I don't need any sympathy or a hand out I do what I can the best that I can. I am insulted by the accusations and narrow minded comments you don't know everyones situation so please keep your comments to yourselves. By the way with out a new kidney I won't be "better" any time soon.
Hmmm

Larchmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2010

Also some service you have to have had some kind of income from working. Which means you paid into it so you should be able to use the services. Which I have!!:)
THIS OLD MAN FROM L-VILL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

So can some-one tell me where the new bus stop is going to be?
Is it going to be heated with benches for the winter?
Will the driver help me with my packages?
I have a walker and will that fit thru the door?
whats the scoop

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Judged:

this is to (L-C Medicaid)
people are so inconsiderate its not thier fault that they have mental problems yes some are birth defect but some are from accidents due to drunk drivers or miner accidents u should be greatful that ur family is healthy and further more the county is doing this with bernie bus because they dont want to pay out the money to people that uses thier own car to take u places
whats the scoop

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Judged:

and they figured it would be easier instead of having 5 different bus's
Farmer Fred

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

Does any-one have any thing good to say about this?

I have to get to Utica for a Dr's appointment in February and want to know what it is that I have to do and where to go to catch the bus. My appointment is for 1:00pm on Thurdsday. Will there be a bus directly from Lowville to Utica? When and where will I look for the bus on the return trip?

Please if you have any information it would help. It seems that you can't get a clear answer to questions when you call social services as well as Birnie Bus.
guess what its me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2010

Judged:

can you imagine waiting 2 hours to be picked up? not me id rather stay sick.---- you dss why dont you just kill us and get it over with
its me

Johnstown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2010

Judged:

there has been times when a person that i know had to use the birnie bus , he would call them a few days in advance about their appointment and they would tell him when the bus would be there to pick them up. after getting there ten minutes early and waited for fifteen minutes after they were suppose to be picked up they go back home to call bernie bus just to be told that the bus was there on time. this has happened more then once.

Since: Feb 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2010

Judged:

Don't blame DSS,(Social Services),for this change. This is your County Legislators doing, they think they're going to save some money! Bernie Bus didn't enter into this program thinking they were going to loose money.
Transit Rider

Jamesville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

its me wrote:
there is no way i would want to ride on one of those busses, not because of the ones who ride on them, but the drivers themselves, has anyone else noticed that the drivers are either retirerment age or they look like they should be one of the riders instead of drivers. i know one of the ones who just started in the last year likes his booze. and i have also seen one of the lady drivers that go to boonville smoking on the bus and i seen her more then once.
YES!Some have actually fallen asleep during their runs! Tim Birnie gets what he pays for, and that's not much!
HA HA

Forestport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

"ride with the retarts"
You use a derogatory name for people with handicaps and then you can't even spell it right?
Priceless.

I always knew bigotry = stupidity. Thanks for helping make the case.
Santas helper

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Free ride tickets avialbe for Birnie Bus at DSS. Each ticket good for one ride until Jan 31, 2013-so you'll need 2 for a round trip. Limit 2 per person. Good for the bus only not the van-sorry. My Christmas gift to the community. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Lowville Forum right now

Search the Lowville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 7 min Billy O Liar 6,347
Lowville woman charged in alleged domestic inci... 1 hr Jail 5
Lewis County Fair 4 hr Yeah right 107
CBS Big Brother 9 hr Nicole fan 1
Lewis County 15 year plan 17 hr Wealthy Investor 7
Lewis County Fair Demo derby 20 hr yeah 3
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 23 hr Steve Douchy 6,364
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lowville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lowville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••