Community Cooperation, Support Eric

Posted in the Lowville Forum

Me Again

Constableville, NY

#1 Dec 26, 2009
Let me give you a short lecture about many benefits of community cooperation. To assure community cooperation and participation that supports economic development it takes everyone working together. Negative people negative people need to support Eric Virklerís vision of the future. Being negative only slows progress. Cooperation between people encourages progress. We can choose to be a positive or a negative person....Eric is an extremely positive person. I also have taken the side of being positive and supporting progress. Some of you have not. During the new year I suggest that you take a positive healthy view on life. You will not regret it and your action will put the county on a path toward progress to prosperity.

I see the good, what do you see. I can tell by your comments.
Exasperated

Newcomb, NY

#2 Dec 26, 2009
And the tax payers are getting what to see good in? higher taxes and a trail no one wants!!
Meal site

Constableville, NY

#3 Dec 26, 2009
Keep my meal site in Copenhagen open first.
Worry about the people who's jobs are in peril at Pc second. Worry about the second highest unemployement rate third. Worry about our delapated county roads fourth, and on and on and on. We will continue to have less people to walk your walk trail, and go to your massage parlor. My guess is you have already lost some customers. You unlike many may not need the business. Nothing like stealing from yourself.
skeptic

Newcomb, NY

#4 Dec 26, 2009
ah yes, the definition of community cooperation shall be embodied into the support of one man. sounds a bit creepy to me. never mind that this individual has had no real success in his previous endeavors and has no experience in economic development at all. but we, according to you must support this one individual or we are being uncooperative.
could it be Eric is the uncooperative one as evidenced by working against his employers on the Village Board when he was Administrator.
seems you are being self serving and more than a little blind for all your talk of vision. you attempt to label two hardworking and popular village board members as "right wingers". if this is so then I question your own undertanding of your own politics. you consider yourself progressive, but as a progressive I can tell that there is nothing progressive about encouraging air polluting, noise polluting,and land destroying ATVS and snowmobiles and the severe injuries that also ensue with their use. there is nothing progressive about encouraging a "trojan horse walk trail" that will ultimately raise property taxes, as property taxes are the most regressive form of taxation available as it effects lower income property owners the worst as it takes a higher percentage of their income.
no madame, you are no progressive, nor are you a conservative. you are a self serving elitist. enjoy your Cult of Eric on your own.
Me only

Constableville, NY

#5 Dec 26, 2009
skeptic how naive of you. It is progression. It will create more massages.
Me Again

Constableville, NY

#6 Dec 26, 2009
Isnít that what he is getting paid over $68,000 plus benefits and a car. Wasnít he promoted up to the County Economic Developer from Village Administrator? Legislators selected him as the best candidate. Are you telling everyone the legislators donít know what they are doing? Interesting since people like you voted them into office. I would suspect that you didnít run for a legislator seat. You havenít even given Eric a chance. I believe there are only a small percentage of people that have it out for Eric. Donít be so dense support Mr. Virkler.

You asked what has he done. He has accomplished much such as Comprehensive County Plan, Planning ATV and Snowsled trails, organized an effort to build a walking trail, planning a manure processing plant in Lowville, bringing a grocery store into the shopping center, and much more. He also having monthly meetings with other economic developers. I have spoken to Eric personally and all this information was verified. I am sure he has done far more than you or any other person in Lewis County for economic development. He is bringing the county out of the dark ages,

If you would do your homework you would not be questioning his abilities. I am not telling you again. I have told you many time in my previous comments. Please learn to read. I will have to assume you went to school in Lewis County.
skeptic

Newcomb, NY

#7 Dec 26, 2009
you really need your eyeballs massaged. he was NOT promoted-the village and county are separate entities.
Actually, in my opinion the legislators new exactly what they were doing. They wanted a toady for Lucas and that's why they hired him.
As for running, I've done my public service.
The Comprehensive Plan was well underway before he got there.
The ATV and snowmobile trails are under Mr. Diehl and that's a mostly illegal screwed up deal.
A shit plant in Lowville-now there's progress!
A grocery store is leaving under his watch, not coming! Other developers think this guy is a twerp. Stop drinking the Koll-Aid and think for yourself- now that would be progress.
me again

Newcomb, NY

#8 Dec 26, 2009
Me Again wrote:
Isnít that what he is getting paid over $68,000 plus benefits and a car. Wasnít he promoted up to the County Economic Developer from Village Administrator? Legislators selected him as the best candidate. Are you telling everyone the legislators donít know what they are doing? Interesting since people like you voted them into office. I would suspect that you didnít run for a legislator seat. You havenít even given Eric a chance. I believe there are only a small percentage of people that have it out for Eric. Donít be so dense support Mr. Virkler.
You asked what has he done. He has accomplished much such as Comprehensive County Plan, Planning ATV and Snowsled trails, organized an effort to build a walking trail, planning a manure processing plant in Lowville, bringing a grocery store into the shopping center, and much more. He also having monthly meetings with other economic developers. I have spoken to Eric personally and all this information was verified. I am sure he has done far more than you or any other person in Lewis County for economic development. He is bringing the county out of the dark ages,
If you would do your homework you would not be questioning his abilities. I am not telling you again. I have told you many time in my previous comments. Please learn to read. I will have to assume you went to school in Lewis County.
I beg to differ with you Miss Dumb Ass, he was not voted into any position. He was hired to a position that was created. we do not need him nor does Lewis county. The IDA has done more for this county than Eric will ever do. He is a local business owner too and also on the Local Develpment Corp, as a board member. I think we have a little conflict of interest. Our for his own interest. He was not promoted from any job. He quit three previous jobs because he wasn't able to convince others that he was right. This too will pass in time. If the people of Lewis County had a choice to vote on this position,the trail coordinators position ,and the county managers position, there would be three more people unemployed. How long have you been in this village to not know what the people think? You have one vision, Eric. That's called tunnel vision and it leads down one trail, through the middle of Lowville. I hope for the new year, you become more knowledgable in what has gone on in Lewis County. You will see progress is happening at the hospital with the new CEO who replaced Eric as CFO and then was PROMOTED to CEO. That,s progress. He has also turned the hospital around and the moral. He had kept jobs local and continues to add jobs to the local area. Me Again thinks you are me not too bright. I think outsiders should get to know a community before they start bashing them. You need to rethink your New Year's Resolution as it will not work for anyone but Eric. I hope the people finally get their views across to you.
Me only

Constableville, NY

#9 Dec 26, 2009
Hes been around 2 months AtV trails right!!! I thought that was Diehl. And he has not accomplished sh-t. He misleads town boards, talks out both sides of his mouth etc. Virkler on the other hand is just a sneaky uncoperative little twerp.
barking up wrong tree

Newcomb, NY

#10 Dec 26, 2009
I would like to add insult to injury. One person has been condemned and blasted by the snowmobile club on topix for believing what is written on here. I cannot believe that as a business person you feel that by posting to here you are getting the right impression out to the people of Lewis County. You someday will eat all your words. This is a world wide topix board and people that used to live in Lewis County will read this and tell you why they left this area. Because there are no jobs. They can come back and walk alot of beautiful country without having a new village walking trail.
local advice

Newcomb, NY

#11 Dec 26, 2009
do not ASSume anything.
Ogyre

Constableville, NY

#12 Dec 26, 2009
Will this walk trail lead to the unemployement office. Us at P&C will need to deliver our pink slips to the office. It is to bad that our legislators the Planning Office the IDA and all of the other multiple agency's seem to care nothing about our fate.

Maybe the new raise for the county manager can be used to help us. Instead I am sure that I will have to pay taxes so that he and all the other county employee's can receive benefits I can only dream about.

The raise that the County Manager got,$10,000 is half my annual salary. Try to make it on $20,000 Mr. Pendergass.
ha ha

Constableville, NY

#13 Dec 26, 2009
very short sighted katheryn for you to say everyone who chooses to disagree with you as left wing, negative and lacking in vision. You Cannot simply disregard the entire 3/4 of the county population that has an opinion that differs from your. they are entitled to voice their choices as much as you are. you are coming off as sounding like an elitist.
for sure

Rome, NY

#14 Dec 26, 2009
Me Again wrote:
sounds like what hes doing all for Lowvile not the county of which pays him. So your saying to hell with the rest of the county.
skeptic

Newcomb, NY

#15 Dec 26, 2009
you got that right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who got busted for drugs at a plus? 5 min drugs for sale A ... 2
thoughts of 26 min Kajun 11
lost kids brags about drunk 2 hr thank god they go... 7
Dani "Danielle Zehr" 19 hr Captain obvious 14
Ms tatts 20 hr Bogus 10
Lowville woman charged with DWI Sat Serious 26
Grieving parents May 22 seriously 38
More from around the web

Lowville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE