Lewis County Deputy Arrested
apeman

United States

#21 Mar 2, 2010
she swerved to miss the yeti.
anywho

United States

#23 Mar 2, 2010
gotcha ! thank you for clarifying, I know who you are talking about now. I have heard of this case before. glad things finally caught up with her, I heard and got the impression this women was milking the system.
classy wrote:
she was at carthage police dept then tranfered to lowville (sued the crap out of carthage for sexual harrassment) then crashed her patrol car in lowville. she has been off work (but still employed) since july 15th. she was not fired she has been off work with full pay since july
I KNOW

United States

#24 Mar 2, 2010
anywho wrote:
OK so it does not say in newzjunky that she was a deputy. MY ORIGINAL QUESTION WAS>>>>>> >
is this one that worked here or carthage? if she was employed as a deputy it DOES NOT STAND TO REASON THAT SHE would apply OR be ELIGABLE for food stamps in the first place RIGHT?? so was she a fired deputy? or disabled and got caught faking a DISABILTY? Its english, I know it can be hard for you
Once again,the comunication process seems to have broken down,The HEADLINE states "DEPUTY",OMG!!She woked as a cop for Carthage then was transferred to Lowville,as a "COP",She was in an accident last summer with her patrol car,while on duty she was talking on her cell phone,on a personal call,she wrecked the car then cryed COMP...Now...is this clear enough for you???!!!!
anywho

United States

#25 Mar 2, 2010
I am going to type this SLOWLY so that you may understand. I read the press release from Newzjunky, it says sheriff deputies arrested a greig women on......it does not say anything about her being a deputy. OK? Now I know this is going to shock you but just because someone writes something on topix, does Not make it true. Someone started this "thread" (thats what these are called) he/she created the headline about her being a deputy, then put in the line about hoping the sheriff dept is smart about things. this a "forum" for people to discuss news. your ignorant for working yourslef into a tizzy because I asked for clarification. take your prozac and turn the computer off.
Wow

United States

#26 Mar 2, 2010
anywho wrote:
I am going to type this SLOWLY so that you may understand. I read the press release from Newzjunky, it says sheriff deputies arrested a greig women on......it does not say anything about her being a deputy. OK? Now I know this is going to shock you but just because someone writes something on topix, does Not make it true. Someone started this "thread" (thats what these are called) he/she created the headline about her being a deputy, then put in the line about hoping the sheriff dept is smart about things. this a "forum" for people to discuss news. your ignorant for working yourslef into a tizzy because I asked for clarification. take your prozac and turn the computer off.
<<<<<<<Le wis deputy accused of welfare fraud>>>>>
TUESDAY, MARCH 2, 2010

LOWVILLE — A Lewis County sheriff's deputy on long-term medical leave has been charged with welfare fraud for allegedly receiving more than $11,700 in public assistance benefits to which she was not entitled.

Sheriff's Department officials on Monday charged Shannon M. Overton, 30, of 5654 Greig Road, Greig, with three counts of first-degree offering a false instrument for filing and two counts apiece of third- and fourth-degree grand larceny, third-, fourth- and fifth-degree welfare fraud and petit larceny.

She was arraigned in Lowville Village Court and released on her own recognizance to reappear at a later date.

The charges stemmed from a joint investigation of the Sheriff's Department and the county Department of Social Services.
FOB

United States

#27 Mar 2, 2010
Dear I know,

what headline exactly because newzjunky stated "greig woman". If you're talking about the paper I don't read the paper moron I get my news online as does most of the general public these days. So relax, who gives a crap if it was stated or not. Besides inthe actually press release it does not state it either
Flambardian

United States

#28 Mar 2, 2010
I understand that this arrest is public information (and therefore a legitimate topic for discussion), and I don't know this woman from Adam, but I think we should all remember that these charges are "alleged." She has not been found guilty of anything yet.
to funny

Camden, NY

#29 Mar 2, 2010
watsonboys80 wrote:
until the full truth comes out we shouldnt run her down shes a mother of 3 kids and has to support them some how. you would do n e thing for yours n if not your not human
I happen to be a single mother of two myself, but i have to work two jobs to support my children. I recieve no help what so ever, and yes i have tried ,things get really tuff sometimes. I was denied, yet this women can collect a full pay check plus child support from two men and get help. UNBELIEVABLE!!!! So I guess the taxpayers paid for all her vacations to Florida,Darian Lake, and all the concerts. I wish i could go to Florida, but i cant afford it. This woman is a TRUE SCUM SCUM SCUMBAG. SHE MAKE ME ABSOLUTLY SICK!!!!!!
ha ha

United States

#30 Mar 2, 2010
This wasn't written until much later in the watertown paper. Newzjunky just had a media release which did not mention this womens current or former occupation. Not sure why all you folks are getting so worked up about.
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
<<<<<<<Le wis deputy accused of welfare fraud>>>>>
TUESDAY, MARCH 2, 2010
LOWVILLE — A Lewis County sheriff's deputy on long-term medical leave has been charged with welfare fraud for allegedly receiving more than $11,700 in public assistance benefits to which she was not entitled.
Sheriff's Department officials on Monday charged Shannon M. Overton, 30, of 5654 Greig Road, Greig, with three counts of first-degree offering a false instrument for filing and two counts apiece of third- and fourth-degree grand larceny, third-, fourth- and fifth-degree welfare fraud and petit larceny.
She was arraigned in Lowville Village Court and released on her own recognizance to reappear at a later date.
The charges stemmed from a joint investigation of the Sheriff's Department and the county Department of Social Services.
wheres

United States

#31 Mar 2, 2010
o t hose darn yeti;s are everyway

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#32 Mar 2, 2010
to funny wrote:
<quoted text>I happen to be a single mother of two myself, but i have to work two jobs to support my children. I recieve no help what so ever, and yes i have tried ,things get really tuff sometimes. I was denied, yet this women can collect a full pay check plus child support from two men and get help. UNBELIEVABLE!!!! So I guess the taxpayers paid for all her vacations to Florida,Darian Lake, and all the concerts. I wish i could go to Florida, but i cant afford it. This woman is a TRUE SCUM SCUM SCUMBAG. SHE MAKE ME ABSOLUTLY SICK!!!!!!
i just dont understand how all that slipped through dont they check up on people long befroe this. its unfortunate you are in your sitiuation and im glad you work hard to take care of your lil ones hopefully your kids realize your sacrafices someday, we alll wish we could do more for our selves and are children. but does anyone know 100% sure that she was getting paid during this if so i would agree
I KNOW

United States

#33 Mar 2, 2010
FOB wrote:
Dear I know,
what headline exactly because newzjunky stated "greig woman". If you're talking about the paper I don't read the paper moron I get my news online as does most of the general public these days. So relax, who gives a crap if it was stated or not. Besides inthe actually press release it does not state it either
Hey moron,do you think newzjunkie is the only news website,get a grip,people answered your question enough already,If you don't want the answer..DON'T ASK!!!!
El Grande Diablo

United States

#34 Mar 2, 2010
You're right about 1 thing, and that is anything for our kids. Hopefully that anything is short of lying, taking, and lying about the taking, and lying some more to take more. But then again the State always drums up these charges against the innocent. We should start the benefit for her now? Or do we wait 3 more weeks?
classy

Plano, TX

#35 Mar 3, 2010
i know ppl who work at LCSD and YES she was getting FULL pay. i wonder how TG feels about his women now
funny

Waterloo, Canada

#36 Mar 3, 2010
Actually you are wrong about her getting paid in full right after the accident. She had three kids to take care of and had to keep a roof over their heads. She went two months without one bit of income. Do you think you could survive like that? As far as tg. I know the two of them. He should count his blessings. She is very good to him and they are really a great couple. Just too bad they can't seem up get a break from the drama. Not sure I could go through what they have been through.
Lilly

Waterloo, Canada

#37 Mar 3, 2010
I find it amusing how everyone says they don't know her but seem to be sure about the details of her finances, her motives and her life. And it seems that all the absolute facts on here couldn't be further from the truth. I think we need to remember she has been charged. Not convicted. And lole someone mentioned earlier...let's not judge till we have the facts.
in the know

Poland, NY

#38 Mar 3, 2010
She was 100% getting paid. In fact, every time she was put on the schedule to come back to work, she went to the Doctor and got a note to stay out of work because she couldn't feel here hand. HMMM?*scratches head* Apparently her whole family is the same. Her sister used to work for the Sheriff's Dept. as a dispatcher and then one day just never showed up for her scheduled shift. The Sheriff's Dept. called and called and called to find out where she was and why she didn't come to work. So....they took her off the schedule assuming she quit her job. Surprise, Surprise, now she is suing the county for wrongful termination. She was on probation because she only worked there for a few weeks, therefore, could be terminated for any reason while on probation. Can you even friggin believe she is suing? She will probably win her suit because Mary Haller did the SAME EXACT THING and won her suit. Welcome to Lewis County. Hey maybe we all should sue for having suffered mental cruelty for dealing with all the Moron's in charge. But alas...I am an honorable person who actually works two jobs, is in a stable marriage and has wonderful kids that obey the law...looks like I am a minority here.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#39 Mar 3, 2010
in the know wrote:
But alas...I am an honorable person who actually works two jobs, is in a stable marriage and has wonderful kids that obey the law...looks like I am a minority here.
Surprisingly enough, you are part of the silent majority. I am in a similar situation as yourself. If you look around, most stable families in Lewis County depend on 2 or 3 incomes to survive economically. Probably that's why people like you and I are so bitter toward welfare recipients who abuse the system; it's not that we don't believe in someone down on their luck getting a helping had, but rather it is frustrating to watch our tax money get pooled and redistributed to help people who largely lack ambition to positively impact their own situation. And like everything else, for every 1 person they catch abusing the system there are 15 people abusing the system that they don't catch........
Lilly

Waterloo, Canada

#40 Mar 3, 2010
You are making me laugh. You have no idea how stupid you sound to people who actually know what's going on. You are making this completely hilarious. In the know huh?? Might wanna find a different name. Haha.
hello

Canton, NY

#41 Mar 3, 2010
huh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where 1 hr Harry Bawls 6
Dirty nasty carnies Fri Tide 5
lyons falls farmers market - riverside park - t... Jul 22 Sam 9
investagators attorneys Jul 20 heads or tails 2
News Arbya s on Arsenal Street gets a major facelift Jul 19 food4thots 8
Missing Obituary Jul 19 John Robert 1
News Lowville woman allegedly fled DWI accident at U... Jul 19 Never Ending 33

Lowville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lowville Mortgages