Underage drinking party leads to arrests

Underage drinking party leads to arrests

There are 30 comments on the WWTI story from Nov 9, 2008, titled Underage drinking party leads to arrests. In it, WWTI reports that:

An underage drinking party in Lewis County led to two arrests, according to state police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WWTI.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
stupid kids

United States

#1 Nov 10, 2008
These kids really need to stay home and study instead of going out drinking every night.
JYoung

Albany, NY

#2 Nov 11, 2008
In general yes, the kids being arrested probably should be at home studying, but be careful not to generalize everyone who is at a party into this category. The girl who was arrested wasn't even at the party when the cops came; she is of age, didn't provide the alcohol, and was in Lowville at the time - she only got arrested because it was "her" party.

Many of the people at this party were also of age AND in college AND have jobs. There's nothing wrong with wanting to go out one night - college is stressful.

If an underage person gets caught and arrested for drinking then oh well, it's there fault - but I'm sick of seeing people who are of age and didn't provide the alcohol get in trouble for what other people do.

goooda

Rome, NY

#3 Nov 11, 2008
JYoung wrote:
In general yes, the kids being arrested probably should be at home studying, but be careful not to generalize everyone who is at a party into this category. The girl who was arrested wasn't even at the party when the cops came; she is of age, didn't provide the alcohol, and was in Lowville at the time - she only got arrested because it was "her" party.
Many of the people at this party were also of age AND in college AND have jobs. There's nothing wrong with wanting to go out one night - college is stressful.
If an underage person gets caught and arrested for drinking then oh well, it's there fault - but I'm sick of seeing people who are of age and didn't provide the alcohol get in trouble for what other people do.
Where was the party at? Heard abut some camp some where??
cinderella

Rome, NY

#4 Nov 11, 2008
and the other party... the kid who got arrested did NOT provide any alcohol, it was just that it was at his place. The other one who got arrested apparently had maybe his OWN beer but absolutely did not provide it to anyone else... he probably should have gotten a ticket for underage possession but instead got a "contributing to the deliquency of a minor". But... these parties go on ALL THE TIME!!! Why now are they busting them up?? They didn't do anything about it all summer long!! What's up?
cinderella

Rome, NY

#5 Nov 11, 2008
stupid kids wrote:
These kids really need to stay home and study instead of going out drinking every night.
Just for the record... the second party that was busted... if you were to take all the kids that were there you would find that 75% of them are honor students, athletes, many with jobs, etc. Maybe its that there is nothing better for the youth to do in Lewis County?? And this is FACT, my kid was there, i KNOW these kids. ALSO... not every kid there was drinking, including the one who got arrested, on his birthday, for serving minors!!

Since: Nov 08

Syracuse, NY

#6 Nov 12, 2008
Judas Preist..Kids parties that include alcohol is nothing new and been going on for years and it doesn't matter where the hell you live or where the parties are held they are gonna happen, been that way since Christ was a Private. It's the fact that this party was going on and one certain individual either wasn't invited or has a bug up there A$$ for the person that was giving it and squeeled to to cops or to a parent that thinks their brat is an angel. Hopefully the kids or the party host had a smudge of common sense and had someone to drive the lil suckers home if they over indulged. Things could have been worse so the 3 or more that got busted will get their a$$ spanked and hold another party this weekend.
pumkinhead

Syracuse, NY

#7 Nov 12, 2008
cinderella wrote:
and the other party... the kid who got arrested did NOT provide any alcohol, it was just that it was at his place. The other one who got arrested apparently had maybe his OWN beer but absolutely did not provide it to anyone else... he probably should have gotten a ticket for underage possession but instead got a "contributing to the deliquency of a minor". But... these parties go on ALL THE TIME!!! Why now are they busting them up?? They didn't do anything about it all summer long!! What's up?
i have it from the troopers mouth that the kid that brought the beer for him self, brought 2 cases- thats a lot of beer for one 19 yr old, with signed statments
dumb kids

Rome, NY

#8 Nov 12, 2008
signed statemtns were from two scared kids.. you have it straight from troopers mouth? funny cause i was there and no, he didnt have 2 cases and if he did he was hiding it good. lol thats not nice!
pumkinhead

Syracuse, NY

#9 Nov 12, 2008
dumb kids wrote:
signed statemtns were from two scared kids.. you have it straight from troopers mouth? funny cause i was there and no, he didnt have 2 cases and if he did he was hiding it good. lol thats not nice!
scared of what? they did'nt even get a ticket for under age drinking. who brought the beer then, not the host he was'nt even drinking, neither were alot of those kids.
dumb kids

Rome, NY

#10 Nov 13, 2008
a lot of ppl brought their own beer thats the way it works and yes they were scared there 16 and 17 and we all know how co9ps are and what they say. all iknow is that if he had 2 cases of beer then he planned to drink a lot!! he wasnt sharing. but whatever if you want to blame one kid and make him the bad guy then whatever. kids party.. sometimes they get unlucky or whatever but it happens and dont matter who brougththe beer.. if the 19 year old did then someone bought it for him just like everyone else who brought beer.. im just not gonna blame one person for what a bunch of us did cause thats not fair and it wasnt fair of the two who said that..why didnt they tell on me or anyone else who brought beer but whatever cause its not the first and not the last party kids will have. oh well who cares.
dumb kids

Rome, NY

#11 Nov 13, 2008
oh and yeah the other one WAS drinking and she didnt get underage drinking either... whats your point?
pumkinhead

Syracuse, NY

#12 Nov 13, 2008
dumb kids wrote:
oh and yeah the other one WAS drinking and she didnt get underage drinking either... whats your point?
she got poss and disordely conduct, if she would of shut up and did what she was told she would not of got anything, her dad even left her because of her mouth
black bo

Syracuse, NY

#14 Nov 22, 2008
dumb kids wrote:
oh and yeah the other one WAS drinking and she didnt get underage drinking either... whats your point?
well if they would of gave her a ticket for that, then you would of got one too. maybe you should apologize to the host that was'nt drinking and did'nt bring the beer, but got arrested anyway
dumb kids

Rome, NY

#15 Nov 22, 2008
ok... for your information i was there and i wasn't drinkin either and never planned on it..I was a DD just in case my friends did drink. and every1 feels really bad about it and many have apologizd - in their own ways.. so shows what you know
evil commie

Montgomery, AL

#16 Nov 23, 2008
I say send them all to Guantanamo Bay detention camp.
mom

United States

#17 Nov 24, 2008
she got poss and disordely conduct, if she would of shut up and did what she was told she would not of got anything, her dad even left her because of her mouth .....

Well Well you people seem to know an awful lot about other peoples kids drinking habits, And for your information her father didn,t leave her there because of her mouth. She was taught to stick up for herself and from the information that we had she was doing just that. Acording to my sources she did not have a beer can in her hand when she was asked why she threw it on the ground after coming out the door to call her father and after already being ? by 2 other troopers b4 that.
So unless she had pulled the wool over our eyes and you have any other proof to the fact that she did have the beer can then I will not believe she is the one lying. I believe that the trooper was pissed off because everyone else ran, Excuse me I mean her so called "friends" ran and left her there alone. Any ways the trooper was pissed because he couldnt get any of them and she was there so he got her. Also for any one concerned that she didn't get enough of a punishment then think again. If she does it again within six months she gets to go to jail. And yes you are right the cops didnt bother them all summer long so why now.
whatever

United States

#18 Nov 24, 2008
Hey I know of a party where they can go and not even get in trouble. Flat Rock sound familiar. Up there they have this party that has drugs and alcahol. It has older guys near 25 maybe older, and 15 and 16 yr old girls that they get drunk and take advantage of. But hey who cares right lets just warn them not to do it again. Yeah right thats the way to go. Then go bust a kids birthday party where everyone is basically being have themselves besides the fact that they are under the age for drinking. What the hell. You can go to Flat Rock and pull guns on each other and throw full beer cans and blacken a kids eye doing it, but what the hell its all in fun right. Yeah whatever.
dumb kids

Rome, NY

#19 Nov 24, 2008
to mom.. i was there and she shoudnt have acted the way she did cause it was stupid but i'm not trashing her i'm just saying. shut up when the cops are talking to ya. too bad three kids got tickets and yours was accused of ratting one of them out and it wasnt even her!! everyone knows that now. black bo i think i no who you are and if it is you do you know where ur kid was sat night cause i do! you and your husbend want to talk about all these kids then you shud know what yours is doing. and whatever wtf are you talking about flat rock? a camp near there? you trying to be a narc too and get it busted?
dumb kids

Rome, NY

#20 Nov 24, 2008
sorry i think that was for pumkinhead not black bo unless ur the same?? and no the host didnt provide beer but his brthoer did and then turned on sonmeone else to save his ass even tho he has parties all the time.. nice going.
whatever

United States

#21 Nov 24, 2008
dumb kids wrote:
to mom.. i was there and she shoudnt have acted the way she did cause it was stupid but i'm not trashing her i'm just saying. shut up when the cops are talking to ya. too bad three kids got tickets and yours was accused of ratting one of them out and it wasnt even her!! everyone knows that now. black bo i think i no who you are and if it is you do you know where ur kid was sat night cause i do! you and your husbend want to talk about all these kids then you shud know what yours is doing. and whatever wtf are you talking about flat rock? a camp near there? you trying to be a narc too and get it busted?
dumb kid thanks for the input I know if she would have shut her mouth she would have been fine and she is one of the 3 that got tickets. But her father didn't leave her there for mouthing off he left her ther because he was asked to by one kids parent thanks for the input I figure this issue shoud be put to rest since it is done and over with for now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mobile meat canner coming to Lowville in April 4 hr Physics 5
Snitches 10 hr part time resident 24
It's a family thing! 10 hr part time resident 9
one word game (Jul '08) Jan 20 Harry Bawls 31
When you realize one of the biggest mistakes of... Jan 19 It is what it is 9
Missing tools Jan 16 Harry Bush 4
Deli Jan 14 Peacemaker 1

Lowville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lowville Mortgages