LOCAL YOKEL

Constableville, NY

#1 Aug 11, 2009
Couple yrs. back--big big pumpkin grown outside of lowville. how much did it weigh?? who grew it?? was weighted in LFC..What prizes did it win??
NO-Kidding..p.s. they feed it milk??????

Since: Jan 09

AOL

#2 Aug 11, 2009
I believe it weighed about 1400 lbs. It was grown by a Zehr on the River Road I think and it was taken to several places to be shown. I think it won for the biggest one in NY at the state fair or something. It was quite a few years ago, and they did it with their grandchildren to see how big they could make it grow. They did this more than once. Did it make it into the Guiness Book of records?
wildflowers6868

Constableville, NY

#3 Aug 11, 2009
pumpkin pie..yummy.
LOCAL YOKEL

Constableville, NY

#4 Aug 11, 2009
G.B.R.'S--WORLDS LARGEST PUMPKIN--1689 LBS. TOPSFIELD MA. SEPT 29 07--BEAT WORLD RECORD BY 187 LBS.

NEW YORK'S RECORD/DAN/JASON McKIE---GASPORT N.Y. 1631.5 LBS.

ZEHR'S PUMPKIN BIGGEST IN LEWIS COUNTY-NOTABLE
LOCAL YOKEL

Constableville, NY

#5 Aug 11, 2009
WORLD'S LARGEST PUMPKIN PIE::

The current world record stands at 2,020 pounds (after baking). It was prepared and baked by the New Bremen Giant Pumpkin Growers at New Bremen, Ohio. This huge pie was made on October 8, 2005. This world record pie is recognized by Guiness World Book of Records.

AOL

#6 Aug 11, 2009
Does anyone know if the Kraft Cheesecake was ever recognized by Guiness world book of records, because I thought they were trying for that the second year of the festival? Just wondering.

AOL

#7 Aug 11, 2009
LOCAL YOKEL wrote:
G.B.R.'S--WORLDS LARGEST PUMPKIN--1689 LBS. TOPSFIELD MA. SEPT 29 07--BEAT WORLD RECORD BY 187 LBS.
NEW YORK'S RECORD/DAN/JASON McKIE---GASPORT N.Y. 1631.5 LBS.
ZEHR'S PUMPKIN BIGGEST IN LEWIS COUNTY-NOTABLE
I remember Zehr's being on display at the park on the Y in Lowville
Clem

Rome, NY

#8 Aug 12, 2009
Wow, what a jacko lantern that would have made
Dan-o

Camden, NY

#9 Aug 28, 2009
I know who it was and it weighed 968 pounds.It was taken to the GPF.HE TOOK 2ND PLACE WON 1000.OO And a new troybuilt roto tiller.He also sold the giant pumpkin to a man from maryland for 600.00 who displayed it at his giant green house and had contest with it.And returned all seeds to owner.he also grew a 865 pounder the same year but displayed that on his front lawn.steve on the van amber road castorland grew it. Nathan zehr was the world record holder and still is the record holder for the first pumpkin over 1000 pounds.And he does live on river road but has not been growing.Nathan actually gave steve his first 2 pumpkin plants!! about 10 years ago.steves first pumpkin was over 600 pounds.Nathan actually went to the GPC to see it weighed in i have photos of it.lol.steves been sick and hasnt grown in a year.he will though hes not done yet..lol
Dan-o

Camden, NY

#10 Aug 28, 2009
get well brother.:]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Relationship Advice 3 hr Hyde 5
Jeremy Kampney 7 hr Hah 11
who got busted for drugs at a plus? 7 hr wondering 15
Lewis County Sheriff What a Joke 7 hr wondering 32
Well known theives Shannon Ball Mike Ball 7 hr wondering 2
Lowville Derby 8 hr Exactly 6
Gretchen from champion 8 hr Ignoranus 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lowville Mortgages