People born before 1946 are called -
The Greatest Generation.

People born between 1946 and 1964 are called -
The Baby Boomers.

People born between 1965 and 1979 are called -
Generation X.

And people born between 1980 and 2012, some people, are calling -
Generation Y.

Why do they call the last group - Generation Y ?
"Y" should I get a job?

"Y" should I leave home and find my own place?

"Y" should I get a car when I can borrow yours?

"Y" should I clean my room?

"Y" should I wash and iron my own clothes?

"Y" should I buy any food?

"Y" should I do anything when I can get it all for FREE?

And now, for the rest of the story --------

There will always be some that will fall in the Y generation, but I have to disagree most young people fit in that category. A majority of young people aspire to do what's right. They have a lot of wisdom and know the difference between right and wrong. It's just that the ones in the Y category we hear about. We don't usually get to many stories about someone doing good. Just look around, you will see (examples after example) our trustworthy well-behaved young people doing a tremendous amount of good.

---- And now, you know the rest of the story.
mr lawyer

Boonville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

AMEN
Tolerance is a virtue

Cary, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

The Prefrontal Cortex (PFC), responsible for decision making and a host of other behavioral / cognitive functions, does not fully developed until the age of 25.(I am not making this up.)

Therefore, if you know of a troubled teen, they may get better. If you know someone that doesn't seem to be "getting it" by the time they are 30, I think they're probably a lost cause.

Sometimes problems with development (delayed or otherwise) of the PFC run in families but experience does play a big part in the development of this higher organism neural network.

There are some entertaining but informative articles written for the general public and not so dry and technical.
Just 4 Fun

Fort Plain, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

so are you saying that if this group were to do more brain teaser puzzles, then they would be less likely to get into trouble? If so maybe we should be pushing more puzzles to help develop that part of the brain.
Tolerance is a virtue

Cary, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Just 4 Fun wrote:
so are you saying that if this group were to do more brain teaser puzzles, then they would be less likely to get into trouble? If so maybe we should be pushing more puzzles to help develop that part of the brain.
Yeah, something like that. I don't think it could hurt!

Son .... you're sentenced to completing 500 brain teaser puzzles by this time next month!

It certainly would be a comical sight and surely humble some !
Just 4 Fun

Lake Luzerne, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Interesting. I dont see anything wrong with that. Simple yet effective.
duh

Carthage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

I agree we don't hear enough about the good, but even the ones taught right from wrong still do the wrong because of friends, family, and just don't care.
Just 4 Fun

Fort Plain, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Peer-pressure it can be quite destructive if it is the wrong kind. There can be positive pressure also ,but it is harder to find these days. There used to be icons kids looked up to in sports,but that is not like it used to be with doping. The world seems to have slipped into this rut of the devil may care. It is almost like some parents give up on training their kids when they get in their teens because it gets tougher then. Left alone they look to other peers and that's when the trouble really starts. Too many kids turn to drugs because they see someone else do it, and they are cool because so far it didn't hurt them,or they want to cover up fears or pain they feel. I think parent directives need to be honed to get this world back in place. I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem like a bad place to start. Retrain the parents to train the kids.
Henry v

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

You all can blame the parents and the government . parents don't discipline and let there kids sit in front of PCs. government gives kids more rite then parents.. parent blame your self s for not disciplining your kids.
Henry v

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Just 4 Fun wrote:
Peer-pressure it can be quite destructive if it is the wrong kind. There can be positive pressure also ,but it is harder to find these days. There used to be icons kids looked up to in sports,but that is not like it used to be with doping. The world seems to have slipped into this rut of the devil may care. It is almost like some parents give up on training their kids when they get in their teens because it gets tougher then. Left alone they look to other peers and that's when the trouble really starts. Too many kids turn to drugs because they see someone else do it, and they are cool because so far it didn't hurt them,or they want to cover up fears or pain they feel. I think parent directives need to be honed to get this world back in place. I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem like a bad place to start. Retrain the parents to train the kids.
Absolutely CORRECT.
Just 4 Fun

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

There is no trick to raising good children. There is no special tools. It is just plain work that is required. Putting the time in with your kids. Being honest with them and accepting no less from them. Teach them that bad behavior has consequences and stick to it and be firm. Yelling at kids doesn't work. A level but forceful tone means more. Dont let yourself get sucked into an argument with your kids. If you argue with your kids and lose they get an upper hand on you. The same goes with a debate. Its good to listen to what they say and explain your feeling on the subject. Keep your cool no matter what. Getting irate shows a kid your button was pushed. Most of this is easier said then done i know but it does work.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Lowville Forum right now

Search the Lowville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Dann challenges Legislator Peck in Gouverneur 30 min reader 13
Anyone know who tried driving their............. 50 min Webb 2
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr MacDaddyobama 6,188
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 2 hr MacDaddyobama 6,289
beaver river baseball 23 hr coach 1
The PROM (May '12) Sat Funny 35
Only In This Stupid World Sat Tom 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lowville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lowville People Search