'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments (Page 2,046)

Showing posts 40,901 - 40,920 of146,076
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

They need some Rocky Mountain "oysters" in D.C.

Rocky Mountain Oysters
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

:~)
AmericanMan

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

your name here wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, Bush had KSM waterboarded to get the location of Bin Laden so Obama could give the order to have him killed, that was really protecting him.
Do any of you Repubs have a problem with other nations using torture on US troops now that Bush started using it on others?
During the War Crime trails after WWII, one of the charges that were brought against Japanese and German leaders was a charge of torture that included water boarding. Were we wrong 60 years ago or wrong today?
your name here

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

waterboarding is not torture, so "including waterboarding" was not necessary. If it protects the lives of citizens, I am all for it. It got us Bin Laden, didn't it?

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

AmericanMan wrote:
<quoted text>Do any of you Repubs have a problem with other nations using torture on US troops now that Bush started using it on others?
What countries have started torturing our troops due to our actions?
frank

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Homeland Insecurity wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont do that Frank, I just think he is a joke!
You just did!
Obama's record is not nearly as bad as the GOPers would have us believe! Ceteris paribus or all thing being equal, no leader or governing party thrives politically in difficult economic times. During his first two years in office, President Barack Obama and his Democratic allies in Congress compiled a substantial record of policy accomplishment -- the economic stimulus, bringing the financial system back from the brink of collapse, rescuing two automakers, universal health care, sweeping reform of financial regulation, and major changes in student loan programs, among many others. Nevertheless, the political standing of both the president and congressional Democrats slipped steadily through much of this period. While some contests remain unresolved, the Democrats have lost at least six Senate seats, at least ten governorships, and more than sixty House seats, the most for a mid-term election since 1938. By any measure, this is a substantial and consequential expression of public discontent. Besides the relentless bombardment of negativity by the opposition’s propaganda machinery, the most obvious is the unusual quantity and nature of problems that Obama inherited when he took the oath of office. Because economic downturns induced by financial crises differ fundamentally from ordinary cyclical recessions, recovery is slower and takes longer, generating sustained high unemployment.
Cheif Sitinfullofit

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You just did!
Obama's record is not nearly as bad as the GOPers would have us believe! Ceteris paribus or all thing being equal, no leader or governing party thrives politically in difficult economic times. During his first two years in office, President Barack Obama and his Democratic allies in Congress compiled a substantial record of policy accomplishment -- the economic stimulus, bringing the financial system back from the brink of collapse, rescuing two automakers, universal health care, sweeping reform of financial regulation, and major changes in student loan programs, among many others. Nevertheless, the political standing of both the president and congressional Democrats slipped steadily through much of this period. While some contests remain unresolved, the Democrats have lost at least six Senate seats, at least ten governorships, and more than sixty House seats, the most for a mid-term election since 1938. By any measure, this is a substantial and consequential expression of public discontent. Besides the relentless bombardment of negativity by the opposition’s propaganda machinery, the most obvious is the unusual quantity and nature of problems that Obama inherited when he took the oath of office. Because economic downturns induced by financial crises differ fundamentally from ordinary cyclical recessions, recovery is slower and takes longer, generating sustained high unemployment.
Frank I hope you get well soon ? the male menopause making into a ignoramous .
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

The Stranger Among Us

A few years before I was born, my Dad met a stranger who was new to our small town. From the beginning, Dad was fascinated with this enchanting newcomer and soon invited him to live with our family. The stranger was quickly accepted and was around from then on.

As I grew up, I never questioned his place in my family. In my young mind, he had a special niche. My parents were complementary instructors: Mom taught me good from evil, and Dad taught me to obey. But the stranger... He was our storyteller. He would keep us spellbound for hours on end with adventures, mysteries and comedies.

If I wanted to know anything about politics, history or science, he always knew the answers about the past, understood the present and even seemed able to predict the future! He took my family to the first major league ball game. He made me laugh, and he made me cry. The stranger never stopped talking, but Dad didn't seem to mind.

Sometimes, Mom would get up quietly while the rest of us were shushing each other to listen to what he had to say, and she would go to the kitchen for peace and quiet.
(I wonder now if she ever prayed for the stranger to leave.)

Dad ruled our household with certain moral convictions, but the stranger never felt obligated to honor them. Profanity, for example, was not allowed in our home - not from us, our friends or any visitors. After our long time visitor stayed longer he became more daring however, and even got away with four-letter words that burned my ears and made my dad squirm and my mother blush. My Dad didn't permit the liberal use of alcohol but the stranger encouraged us to try it on a regular basis. He made cigarettes look cool, cigars manly, and pipes distinguished. He talked freely (much too freely!) about sex. His comments were sometimes blatant, sometimes suggestive, and generally embarrassing..

I now know that my early concepts about relationships were influenced strongly by the stranger. Time after time, he opposed the values of my parents, yet he was seldom rebuked... And NEVER asked to leave.

More than fifty years have passed since the stranger moved in with our family. He has blended right in and is not nearly as fascinating as he was at first. Still, if you could walk into my parents' den today, you would still find him sitting over in his corner, waiting for someone to listen to him talk and watch him draw his pictures.

His name?....

We just call him 'TV.'
He has a wife now....we call her 'Computer.'
Their first child is "Cell Phone".
Second child was named "I Pod "
Third child is Video Games

By the time wife was pregnant again, TV had lost ALL morals, and wanted wife to have an abortion...

Now "atheism" and NO moral values has taken over TV's mind....Drugs passed by a greedy FDA help none...
Going crazy...and taking his caretakers with him.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

It's All Coming Back To Me Now
Hello

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You just did!
Do you honestly see any of this as an accomplishment??
AmericanMan

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

your name here wrote:
waterboarding is not torture, so "including waterboarding" was not necessary. If it protects the lives of citizens, I am all for it. It got us Bin Laden, didn't it?
Actually it did not. No one other than "Dick" Cheney ever said it did.
Yep

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You just did!
Economic downturns caused by financial problems are tough to recover from. But who is responsible for the financial problems that caused the downturn? I say government. Before the advent of the Federal Reserve Act, panics/recessions were relatively short lived. The Fed coupled with government bureaucrats and politicians trying to manage a decentralized economy such as ours produced the Great Depression. Similarly, the Great Recession is a product of the same government failures. Some economists estimate had FDR not intervened in the economy in the way he did the Great Depression would have ended 7 years sooner. There are ominous parallels between the and now.
hmm

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Yep wrote:
<quoted text>Economic downturns caused by financial problems are tough to recover from. But who is responsible for the financial problems that caused the downturn? I say government. Before the advent of the Federal Reserve Act, panics/recessions were relatively short lived. The Fed coupled with government bureaucrats and politicians trying to manage a decentralized economy such as ours produced the Great Depression. Similarly, the Great Recession is a product of the same government failures. Some economists estimate had FDR not intervened in the economy in the way he did the Great Depression would have ended 7 years sooner. There are ominous parallels between the and now.
Interesting theory..
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

I put a LOT of
TRUTH
Satire
copy/paste
&
Just plain ole comments
on here......

IF you can't TELL the difference.....
Sounds like a "personal problem" to me..... ;-)
LIVE.....LIFE.....to iT's FULLEST

b
e
c
a
u
s
e

YOU only get ONE!

Live
Laugh
LOVE
&
Forgive

BEST 4 words in the Human language!
~ imoho ~
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

AmericanMan wrote:
<quoted text>Do any of you Repubs have a problem with other nations using torture on US troops now that Bush started using it on others?
During the War Crime trails after WWII, one of the charges that were brought against Japanese and German leaders was a charge of torture that included water boarding. Were we wrong 60 years ago or wrong today?

I have a problem with it. These people who capture our troops show no mercy and waterboarding is probably the least of their worries. Physical torture is more their speed. Did it not make you sick to see our soldiers dragged naked through the streets until there was no hide left on their bodies, and then hung over a bridge by the neck or by whatever what left of them? Those pictures would have made any loyal American puke at the sight of this.

Maybe we should ask some of our veterans what they think of other nations where their buddies were captured? The whole thing is wrong IMO.......and that's why we need to bring our troops home and end the BS that we are so needed to protect every country on earth.

That's just my opinion but let me tell you this y'all.........those photos that were on the internet are ones that haunt me to this day. If you did not see them, don't look unless you have a strong stomach.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
Adele - Rolling In The Deep
Oooops....forgot to rename iT

Adelle - Rolling In The Deep w/Obama & US
See Post #45032 for lyrics
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You just did!
The real problem Frank,is that most of what Obama has done,most of what the Democratic part of Congress has done, is not wanted by some 48% of the people and some 63% don`t want the Medical Reform..All of what you call accomplishments,have either been against the conservative`s thinking,or ,had to do with the problems brought on by the Democratic Congress not regulating the banking system,including Freddie and Fannie.They even left them alone after the bubble burst,allowed the stimulus to allow big bonus for the leaders,for their failures.We see this all as a big failure,not successes.
Now don`t get me wrong,the Republicans are not better.That is why so ,we tout the Tea Party types,term limits,no more money collecting by the Congressional persons.There is no way you can provide a satisfactory result when the Democrats that were opposed to Obama Care were bribed to vote for it,all done openly!
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Archie Bunker on Democrats
Art Freen

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
Archie Bunker on Democrats
Good to know the source of GOP talking points is a 40-year old sitcom starring a stereotypical bigot.
Homeland Insecurity

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You just did!
To express ones own opinion, is all that Frank? Methinks you are a wordsmith! Or as it is sometimes called in layman’s terms, a bullshit artist! Now how about the math question in post 45016?
lighten up lol

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Art Freen wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to know the source of GOP talking points is a 40-year old sitcom starring a stereotypical bigot.
Well at your suggestion I guess we should all watch a few George Jefferson episodes to get a realtime view of what the dems talking point tactics.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 40,901 - 40,920 of146,076
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lowes Discussions

Search the Lowes Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
support downtown 14 min Survived It 64
Orlandus 32 min zzzzzzz 14
marcie po po 1 hr Stupid 7
Cuba school 1 hr Agreed 9
Is that really Josh Jackson's Lil Girl? Nah? 1 hr Yepper 3
who is the best tattoo artist in town? (Jan '12) 1 hr Ink Junkie 61
Misbehaving Teachers 2 hr Bam 13
•••
•••