'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
AmericanMan

Russellville, KY

#45031 Aug 8, 2012
your name here wrote:
waterboarding is not torture, so "including waterboarding" was not necessary. If it protects the lives of citizens, I am all for it. It got us Bin Laden, didn't it?
Actually it did not. No one other than "Dick" Cheney ever said it did.
Yep

Lexington, KY

#45033 Aug 8, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You just did!
Obama's record is not nearly as bad as the GOPers would have us believe! Ceteris paribus or all thing being equal, no leader or governing party thrives politically in difficult economic times. During his first two years in office, President Barack Obama and his Democratic allies in Congress compiled a substantial record of policy accomplishment -- the economic stimulus, bringing the financial system back from the brink of collapse, rescuing two automakers, universal health care, sweeping reform of financial regulation, and major changes in student loan programs, among many others. Nevertheless, the political standing of both the president and congressional Democrats slipped steadily through much of this period. While some contests remain unresolved, the Democrats have lost at least six Senate seats, at least ten governorships, and more than sixty House seats, the most for a mid-term election since 1938. By any measure, this is a substantial and consequential expression of public discontent. Besides the relentless bombardment of negativity by the opposition’s propaganda machinery, the most obvious is the unusual quantity and nature of problems that Obama inherited when he took the oath of office. Because economic downturns induced by financial crises differ fundamentally from ordinary cyclical recessions, recovery is slower and takes longer, generating sustained high unemployment.
Economic downturns caused by financial problems are tough to recover from. But who is responsible for the financial problems that caused the downturn? I say government. Before the advent of the Federal Reserve Act, panics/recessions were relatively short lived. The Fed coupled with government bureaucrats and politicians trying to manage a decentralized economy such as ours produced the Great Depression. Similarly, the Great Recession is a product of the same government failures. Some economists estimate had FDR not intervened in the economy in the way he did the Great Depression would have ended 7 years sooner. There are ominous parallels between the and now.
hmm

Hyden, KY

#45034 Aug 8, 2012
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>Economic downturns caused by financial problems are tough to recover from. But who is responsible for the financial problems that caused the downturn? I say government. Before the advent of the Federal Reserve Act, panics/recessions were relatively short lived. The Fed coupled with government bureaucrats and politicians trying to manage a decentralized economy such as ours produced the Great Depression. Similarly, the Great Recession is a product of the same government failures. Some economists estimate had FDR not intervened in the economy in the way he did the Great Depression would have ended 7 years sooner. There are ominous parallels between the and now.
Interesting theory..
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45035 Aug 8, 2012
I put a LOT of
TRUTH
Satire
copy/paste
&
Just plain ole comments
on here......

IF you can't TELL the difference.....
Sounds like a "personal problem" to me..... ;-)
LIVE.....LIFE.....to iT's FULLEST

b
e
c
a
u
s
e

YOU only get ONE!

Live
Laugh
LOVE
&
Forgive

BEST 4 words in the Human language!
~ imoho ~
Jay

Paris, TN

#45036 Aug 8, 2012
AmericanMan wrote:
<quoted text>Do any of you Repubs have a problem with other nations using torture on US troops now that Bush started using it on others?
During the War Crime trails after WWII, one of the charges that were brought against Japanese and German leaders was a charge of torture that included water boarding. Were we wrong 60 years ago or wrong today?

I have a problem with it. These people who capture our troops show no mercy and waterboarding is probably the least of their worries. Physical torture is more their speed. Did it not make you sick to see our soldiers dragged naked through the streets until there was no hide left on their bodies, and then hung over a bridge by the neck or by whatever what left of them? Those pictures would have made any loyal American puke at the sight of this.

Maybe we should ask some of our veterans what they think of other nations where their buddies were captured? The whole thing is wrong IMO.......and that's why we need to bring our troops home and end the BS that we are so needed to protect every country on earth.

That's just my opinion but let me tell you this y'all.........those photos that were on the internet are ones that haunt me to this day. If you did not see them, don't look unless you have a strong stomach.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45037 Aug 8, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Adele - Rolling In The Deep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rYEDA3JcQqwXX
Oooops....forgot to rename iT

Adelle - Rolling In The Deep w/Obama & US
See Post #45032 for lyrics
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#45038 Aug 8, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You just did!
Obama's record is not nearly as bad as the GOPers would have us believe! Ceteris paribus or all thing being equal, no leader or governing party thrives politically in difficult economic times. During his first two years in office, President Barack Obama and his Democratic allies in Congress compiled a substantial record of policy accomplishment -- the economic stimulus, bringing the financial system back from the brink of collapse, rescuing two automakers, universal health care, sweeping reform of financial regulation, and major changes in student loan programs, among many others. Nevertheless, the political standing of both the president and congressional Democrats slipped steadily through much of this period. While some contests remain unresolved, the Democrats have lost at least six Senate seats, at least ten governorships, and more than sixty House seats, the most for a mid-term election since 1938. By any measure, this is a substantial and consequential expression of public discontent. Besides the relentless bombardment of negativity by the opposition’s propaganda machinery, the most obvious is the unusual quantity and nature of problems that Obama inherited when he took the oath of office. Because economic downturns induced by financial crises differ fundamentally from ordinary cyclical recessions, recovery is slower and takes longer, generating sustained high unemployment.
The real problem Frank,is that most of what Obama has done,most of what the Democratic part of Congress has done, is not wanted by some 48% of the people and some 63% don`t want the Medical Reform..All of what you call accomplishments,have either been against the conservative`s thinking,or ,had to do with the problems brought on by the Democratic Congress not regulating the banking system,including Freddie and Fannie.They even left them alone after the bubble burst,allowed the stimulus to allow big bonus for the leaders,for their failures.We see this all as a big failure,not successes.
Now don`t get me wrong,the Republicans are not better.That is why so ,we tout the Tea Party types,term limits,no more money collecting by the Congressional persons.There is no way you can provide a satisfactory result when the Democrats that were opposed to Obama Care were bribed to vote for it,all done openly!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45039 Aug 8, 2012
Archie Bunker on Democrats
&fe ature=related
Art Freen

Cadiz, KY

#45040 Aug 8, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Archie Bunker on Democrats
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =7fqCS7Y_kMEXX&feature=rel ated
Good to know the source of GOP talking points is a 40-year old sitcom starring a stereotypical bigot.
Homeland Insecurity

Abingdon, VA

#45041 Aug 8, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You just did!
To express ones own opinion, is all that Frank? Methinks you are a wordsmith! Or as it is sometimes called in layman’s terms, a bullshit artist! Now how about the math question in post 45016?
lighten up lol

Glasgow, KY

#45042 Aug 8, 2012
Art Freen wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to know the source of GOP talking points is a 40-year old sitcom starring a stereotypical bigot.
Well at your suggestion I guess we should all watch a few George Jefferson episodes to get a realtime view of what the dems talking point tactics.
lol

Glasgow, KY

#45043 Aug 8, 2012
The democrats are poking fun and announcing that they think Romney should pick Newt or Bachman as his VP. On that same hilarious note...Romney still has a choice as to who will be his running mate but the Obamoron is stuck with that crazy old man Biden! Now THAT is hilarious!
Art Freen

Cadiz, KY

#45044 Aug 8, 2012
lighten up lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Well at your suggestion I guess we should all watch a few George Jefferson episodes to get a realtime view of what the dems talking point tactics.
Fail. George was a Republican!(AITF, Episode 97, November 30, 1974)
lighten up lol

Glasgow, KY

#45045 Aug 8, 2012
Art Freen wrote:
<quoted text>
Fail. George was a Republican!(AITF, Episode 97, November 30, 1974)
I never said what Jefferson was politically, did I? How can you correct something that was never said or insinuated? Oh that's right, you Obamorons do it all the time and actually think people buy into your horse shit! lol I simply suggested that you watch a few of the Jefferson's episodes to get a clear view of how democrats operate and think and their reasoning. In other words...the Jefferson's show portrayed many of the views that democrats hold sacred.

Sorry, but it isn't humanly possible to dumb myself down to your level to help you comprehend what you read.
Curious

Elizabethtown, KY

#45046 Aug 8, 2012
lighten up lol wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said what Jefferson was politically, did I? How can you correct something that was never said or insinuated? Oh that's right, you Obamorons do it all the time and actually think people buy into your horse shit! lol I simply suggested that you watch a few of the Jefferson's episodes to get a clear view of how democrats operate and think and their reasoning. In other words...the Jefferson's show portrayed many of the views that democrats hold sacred.
Sorry, but it isn't humanly possible to dumb myself down to your level to help you comprehend what you read.
"what the dems talking points tactics" technically doesn't mean anything. He had to guess because you don't seem capable or articulating what you think you mean. You probably can't dumb yourself down to that level because you would first have to increase your intelligence.
Art Freen

Cadiz, KY

#45047 Aug 8, 2012
That's true, The Jeffersons, TV program did portray many view Democrats hold sacred...upward mobility for minorities, racial tolerance, acceptance of inter-racial marriage, respect for people of different backgrounds. It shouldn't be surprising since the program was developed by Norman Lear, a well known supporter of the Democratic Party.

Of course, Norman also developed All In The Family to illustrate the bigotry and proud ignorance that are the hallmarks of the GOP. Back then it was satire. Today it's damned near a documentary.

Now, how does it feel to be a dumbass on both sides of a metaphor?
john

Barbourville, KY

#45048 Aug 8, 2012
Street
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45049 Aug 8, 2012
Art Freen wrote:
<quoted text>
Drove "Old Glory" home, did iT?????
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45050 Aug 8, 2012
The Shangri-Las -Leader Of The Pack

Little Deuce Coupe
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

409 - Beach Boys

My Little GTO
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45051 Aug 8, 2012
Ooops....Can't forget THIS one....

Jan and Dean - Little Old Lady From Pasadena

:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kim Pook and Joeddy 24 min WTF 11
allen rhodes city commissioner 27 min LibHunter 3
Are Blacks or Whites more Racist or your tired... 43 min Info Only 12
tlo traced my IP adress 54 min thetallcoolone 38
Black Guy at KY Oaks Mall 10/24/2014 2 hr Gist jester 39
dunking donuts 2 hr scott 5
Drop a word, add a word (Nov '12) 4 hr Analog man 5,756
Lowes Dating
Find my Match

Lowes People Search