Federal funds fuel coal-mine cleanup ...

Federal funds fuel coal-mine cleanup | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 1 comment on the Columbus Dispatch story from Nov 9, 2009, titled Federal funds fuel coal-mine cleanup | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

For decades, state officials have lacked one major tool in their attempts to clean up pollution from abandoned mines: money.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

timmy

Youngstown, OH

#1 Nov 9, 2009
Well this is intresting ! I just meet with a mine reclamation person friday. He was very nice and looked over the Farm where it had been stripped. He indicated that there was money avaliable from the Federal Goverment for reclamation. The problem is that's a drop in the bucket though it's more than last years 8.1million. the fund increased to 21.6 million buy 2016 a long time away. I'm hoping we get cosidered for some of the work along with other land owners who trusted the state of Ohio to enforce the Mine reclamation Law. Both parties recieved money for the coal, but it was the COMPANYS JOB to do the reclaming of the said land which they clamed the money was used for other things by are elected officals. With that being said who's telling the truth here?It's hard to sort out because the both tell lies upon lies! All I know it's a disgrace to leave the land in this shape. It goes back to what my Dad told me over and over. Once they get your money there Job is complete and the TAX PAYER is left holding the bag with nothing in it ! I hope all peoples with similar problems get help too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lower Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teresa Berry (Dec '15) May '16 Hymenpopper 2
vote for Trump, out with the Lawyer driven sham Apr '16 Gene Pool 1
Randy Clark Auctions (Mar '14) Mar '14 Transistor Radio 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Ohio (Dist... (Oct '10) Dec '13 Pos 29
News Monroe Voters to Mull 911 Charge (Oct '07) Dec '13 Jennifer 8
News Grave matters: Tick Ridge (Sep '13) Sep '13 Dawn Lee 1
wow check th is one out! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Rosaura Vonallmen 1

Lower Salem Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance