My Town

Wheeling, WV

#21 Oct 7, 2008
Love that Buffalo Bills, the wings are awesome! Anybody been to the Burrell Inn lately, they were closed for a while? Are they under new ownership? The Ninth Street Cafe is a great place for Breakfast and Lunch....hope that the area supports the new business! The soup there is good and the soup at Ladles is fantastic! I guess one might say I get around....I enjoy eatting out!
winglover

Kane, PA

#22 Dec 11, 2008
Funzi wings are at powerplay
tuesday nite 50cent wings
wed-sat $2 off dozen wings (original $11)

Awesome wings!!!
chtl

Vandergrift, PA

#23 Dec 13, 2008
I do agree that Buffalo Bills has great wings and I have enjoyed some of the other items they have
horse-face

San Jose, CA

#24 Dec 14, 2008
where is the fireside bar ?
Tony V -Valley Hghts

Harleysville, PA

#25 Dec 16, 2008
What about Buffalo Bills?
missw

Kane, PA

#26 Dec 17, 2008
Tony V -Valley Hghts wrote:
What about Buffalo Bills?
What about it???
sweetkitkat

United States

#27 Dec 18, 2008
Funzi's wings are made by Shannon, a Santucci family member who who were the owners of Funzi's in New Kensington; Another Santucci family member is cooking the Wings at Parkview! Yum!
sweetkitkat

United States

#28 Dec 18, 2008
I agree that Phillipi's in Natrona Heights version of P&M Pizza is waayyy better than the P&M Pizza in Arnold
Pete Za

Glendale, CA

#29 Dec 18, 2008
I was invited to go to P&M the other day and turned down the offer. I've given them multiple chances but the recipe is just not there. Now, Phillipi's "get outta my way"... I'm there.
Its definitely worth burning the roof of your mouth !!!
Wondering

Roslindale, MA

#30 Dec 18, 2008
Had P&M maybe 5-6 months ago. Agree it was not the original and I did not want to go back. Had P&M a few weeks ago and it was awsome. I asked P&M and she said they changed cooks?
Pete Za

Glendale, CA

#31 Dec 18, 2008
Still think its the dirty mop they used to clean the oven. Not quite convinced to go back just quite yet.
good old boys

New Castle, PA

#32 Dec 18, 2008
buffalo bills is dirty.

Ladles food sucks!!!!
chtl

Vandergrift, PA

#33 Dec 18, 2008
sweetkitkat wrote:
Funzi's wings are made by Shannon, a Santucci family member who who were the owners of Funzi's in New Kensington; Another Santucci family member is cooking the Wings at Parkview! Yum!
The last 2 times we had wings at Parkview that were not the same as about 3 months ago
I will not go back

I do go the buffalo bills when I am over in that area and they are still very good
Jo Jo

Oakmont, PA

#34 Jan 4, 2009
Pete Za wrote:
I was invited to go to P&M the other day and turned down the offer. I've given them multiple chances but the recipe is just not there. Now, Phillipi's "get outta my way"... I'm there.
Its definitely worth burning the roof of your mouth !!!
Phillipi's pizza has changed with in the last year. I went to the new P&M Pizza in Arnold It was just as I remembered. I burnt the roof of my mouth and the pizza was orange with the brown bubbles like it was when mooney owned it. You can't get that at Phillipi's.
Jo Jo

Oakmont, PA

#35 Jan 4, 2009
Also when a place first opens the food is never as good as it is when its been in business for some time. When I was in the New P&M Pizza in Arnold the other day it was standing room only. All of those pepole can't be wrong. THE NY Pizza is also out of this world......
ccmnova

Belle Vernon, PA

#36 Jan 17, 2009
FAT JACK wrote:
The New P&M Pizza in Arnold is just as good if not better than the original pm pizza. phillipi's recipe has changed over time. My uncle has been eating at P&M Pizza for 50 years and says that he swears mooney has to be cooking the pizzas at the new P&M Pizza its that good. Fat JACK Knows PIZZA
I grew up on P&M pizza and believe me, the new P&M is not the same but is OK (someone made a comment about a mop and that was actually a standing joke around the time. The original had cornmeal on the bottom and was great the next day.
ccmnova

Belle Vernon, PA

#37 Jan 17, 2009
Mooney would take the phone off the hook so you had to actually go there to order, and you'd see the phone off the hook and laying there. The price was always different too - it was really something.
Donz

Steubenville, OH

#38 Jan 24, 2009
Mooney would charge $13 one week for 2 large pizzas and a pitcher of beer, then next week, same order,$15. We would go to his bar stool to pay him. Too funny!
My daughter worked at the original P&M approx 6yrs ago and made the pizzas. It was before the Phillipi brothers split. She made a mean pizza!

Buffalo Bills is good, however the original sauce is hot sometimes or mild. The customer service stinks!
goodoldboys

New Castle, PA

#39 Jan 24, 2009
Donz wrote:
Mooney would charge $13 one week for 2 large pizzas and a pitcher of beer, then next week, same order,$15. We would go to his bar stool to pay him. Too funny!
My daughter worked at the original P&M approx 6yrs ago and made the pizzas. It was before the Phillipi brothers split. She made a mean pizza!
Buffalo Bills is good, however the original sauce is hot sometimes or mild. The customer service stinks!
Hey, Donz. does your daughter know what the cheese mixes are that go on the pizza?
ccmnova

Belle Vernon, PA

#40 Jan 24, 2009
We just got a P&M pizza from Phillips last night - it was pretty good but "something" was missing. It was a little bland or something. even if the ingredients are the same, if they are from a diff supplier it may taste different. I did notice they had the cornmeal on the bottom and the crust was good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lower Burrell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Names of those responsible for building St. Pete's 14 hr RICHARD 6
Remember New Ken nightlife (Aug '07) 14 hr RICHARD 9,897
Pokemon League Sun anthony1006 1
bar's name across from projects/where new commu... (Sep '09) Mar 24 Leslie Nilsson 30
1960s band name and song (Feb '09) Mar 24 Sheeda Shannon 20
News Pennsylvania school 10 Commandments marker to b... Mar 24 Vet 3
E. Stella Milko- looking for information on her! (Jun '10) Mar 14 Elva 5

Lower Burrell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lower Burrell Mortgages