Arena officials face several obstacles for fiscal 2010

There are 7 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Jul 2, 2009, titled Arena officials face several obstacles for fiscal 2010. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Tough decisions must be made to determine how, or if, the Tsongas Arena can run on half the operating budget allocated by the city in the last fiscal year, Arena Commissioner Eileen Donoghue said yesterday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Pete

Ashburn, VA

#1 Jul 2, 2009
What a joke don't sell the Arena, get a competent manager and it will be fine. There is no way the state is going to give UMass Lowell money to upgrade the arena in times on economic crisis.
me from lowell

Dracut, MA

#2 Jul 2, 2009
let the parking dept run the arena

they are the only ones makeing money for the city anyway
Maggie

Westminster, MA

#3 Jul 2, 2009
The arena cost us a million plus last year and we have had plewnty of time to make it profitable. It's time to hand it over to UMass and let them deal with the deficit.

“Do NOT Feed the Trolls!!!”

Since: Jul 08

Lowell MA

#4 Jul 2, 2009
They have a few rock concerts scheduled this summer. Perhaps thing are turning around.
Kaz

Seattle, WA

#5 Jul 2, 2009
So Marty can't get the dough after all. What a shocker. Did anyone ever think he would actually take it over?
Hilton

Seattle, WA

#6 Jul 2, 2009
How about the Auditorium? We keep paying them money and nobody seems concerned about that. They're making a profit with our subsidy. End the payouts to all the fat cats
concerned citizen

North Andover, MA

#7 Jul 2, 2009
time to lay off more people!! does an arena of that size need a assistant gm and a gm? I dont think so....I think Craig Gates cannot run an arena by himself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Affordable Dentures Feb '15 calgirl 2
Air regulators ban "visible chimney smoke" from... Jan '15 Dave Weahunr 1
Graveyard carz Jan '15 GYC fan 1
Review: Hosanna Real Estate Svc (Oct '08) Jan '15 Your loss 52
News Championship shirts Jan '15 HSCLASSICS COM 1
Who was William "Quiet Billy" McGowan? (Feb '10) Dec '14 Angelina 9
News Couple Having Sex in Car Cause Traffic Jam, Get... Nov '14 Xstain Mullahs 3
More from around the web

Lowell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]