Lavecchia in the Lock Up
First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Lindsay

Charlotte, NC

#293 Feb 11, 2013
michele wrote:
and if I may say one more thing, as I'm certain you folks will rejoice in my sadness for my dad....
he is the man who has raised 7 children with his wife of 54 years, and has taught us all to be compassionate and humble people. We are nothing more than a middle class family, trying to live and love in a tough world and an even tougher 'community' that seems to relish in feeding the rubbish that is slung about in regard to people most of you have never met. I have no need to hide behind some 'email handle' or made-up blogging name....I am Michele LaVecchia and I know my father, the MAN; the real man...he is the guy who took me shopping for all of my prom dresses while my mom was ill...he took off a year of work to nurse me to health when I fell ill as a teenager...he built every home we ever lived in...he is the man who has never forgotten a birthday or missed sending his girls a Valentine gift (no matter where we were)...he is the man who called everyday when I had a broken heart...the guy who taught us to give FIRST to others who were less fortunate and NOT to advertise it...he shined 7 pairs of saddle shoes every Sunday night so we went to school with what we 'thought' were new shoes when we couldn't afford them...he worked a minimum of 4 jobs for 20 years to make sure that we had what we needed...and he's the guy who tears up when he watches the Discovery Channel's plight of polar bear cubs whose mothers cannot always feed them. How dare anyone assume to know my dad...There is not a dishonorable cell in his body and if most folks had 1/10 of his character, it would be a beautiful world.
I agree. And, I have met most of the family who all are generous, hard working, and decent people. Belmont is comprised of a lot of people who like to talk trash and to talk about other people. I suppose it keeps them going, or rather makes them feel better about their lives. For me, my experiences with the Lavecchis's has been nothing but good.

A samll town sometimes has the innate ability to create small minds, so perhaps if, and only if, Belmont graows to become a "city", then and only then, will people quit with the rumor mill and gossipy ways.
Jeremy

Charlotte, NC

#294 Feb 12, 2013
If this post is any indication of the kind of devotion this family shows for one another, then I cannot beleive anything negative about this family. I hope my girls see me in this light as they get older. This girls love for her father is priceless.

Charlotte, NC

#295 Feb 12, 2013
Jeremy wrote:
If this post is any indication of the kind of devotion this family shows for one another, then I cannot beleive anything negative about this family. I hope my girls see me in this light as they get older. This girls love for her father is priceless.
You are right. I don't know any of the people referred to on this forum but it appears what we have here are small southern town haters who are still fighting the civil war.
Fromadifferentpl acentime

Washington, DC

#296 Apr 5, 2013
Bard wrote:
I'll put the Polites (Greek Godfather of Charlotte) out of business too Sammy. I don't like the mfers to begin with.
Understand? I KNOW the game and who is who.
See? Americans are learning how a bunch of Yankees have screwed this country up! and their MOTHER countries to boot. Wanna know who busted all their asses?
It'd be Me sweetpeas. ALl of them. I can take down a country. I ain't even that concerned with a few rich crooks.
And you wonder why people say you sound ignorant......it's because you do.
Let me know if I used any big words you didn't understand, I'll be glad to clarify - oops! I bet I lost you on that last one :) lmao
bystander

Norwood, NC

#297 Jul 23, 2014
RIP Michelle Lavecchia and SHAME ON ALL OF YOU who hated on this family... Scott will burn in hell for what he has done... too bad Lav. Sr missed him on the side walk, it would have done belmont a HUGE FAVOR to eradicate that piece of trash from our small town! If it werent for the Lav's we wouldnt have anything in belmont but a run down POS town like it was before...RIP MICHELLE WE LOVE AND MISS YOU FOREVER
sensible

Gastonia, NC

#298 Jul 23, 2014
bystander wrote:
RIP Michelle Lavecchia and SHAME ON ALL OF YOU who hated on this family... Scott will burn in hell for what he has done... too bad Lav. Sr missed him on the side walk, it would have done belmont a HUGE FAVOR to eradicate that piece of trash from our small town! If it werent for the Lav's we wouldnt have anything in belmont but a run down POS town like it was before...RIP MICHELLE WE LOVE AND MISS YOU FOREVER
I'm sorry for your bitterness. I don't know if you are a grieving family member or what. But this foolish rant does not help your cause. It is sad that Michelle took her own life, but that was her decision and no one else's. This family has had a lot of dysfunction. Do not blame the good epople of Belmont for that. belmont was here before they came and it will be here when they are gone. We wish them well, but this kind of crap you are spouting is simply wrong. Find a more positive and accurate way to vent, OK?
Disgusted in Belmont

Charlotte, NC

#299 Jul 24, 2014
Lindsay wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. And, I have met most of the family who all are generous, hard working, and decent people. Belmont is comprised of a lot of people who like to talk trash and to talk about other people. I suppose it keeps them going, or rather makes them feel better about their lives. For me, my experiences with the Lavecchis's has been nothing but good.
A samll town sometimes has the innate ability to create small minds, so perhaps if, and only if, Belmont graows to become a "city", then and only then, will people quit with the rumor mill and gossipy ways.
This makes me puke. Michelle ran after people screaming if they parked near her former building. She was wielding a machete screaming that she was bankrupt the day before she took her life. The sister is a drug addict and a mess. Don't make these people out to be the Brady Bunch. The father is am embezzler and a nut. What person drives on a sidewalk to mow people down. I have heard Dolores LaVecchia threaten people. Nick is the only one in the group who has any sense.
bystander

Ramseur, NC

#300 Jul 24, 2014
I am not related to the family whatsoever but know EACH and every one of them individually and for 10+ years. they are far from drug addicts or embezzlers. they are hard working and self made. its a shame you choose to throw hard working americans under the bus because they choose to make money by working hard rather than taking a handout. Karma is a bitch, I heard the Scott gentleman who originally started this rumor battle against the Lav's along with his many false allegations now has Cancer....terrible news. hope he gets better.....

not.....
Charlottian

Ramseur, NC

#301 Jul 24, 2014
I have known the lavecchias since they originally opened Lavecchias seafood grille in downtown charlotte. Nick, Rich, Regina, Rich Sr, Delores, Suzanne and shelly are all wonderful people. It is a shame that their reputations have been skewed by the lowlife crowd of belmont because they came to belmont with one prerogative- invest in the town to try and clean it up-- with the goal of making money while making the town some place worth visiting. Making money... isnt that what the american dream is about? They dedicated their own time and money to a small fry town with nothing there but a general store and a local permanent drug problem. If anything, the Lavecchias left it better than they found it. Its unfortunate that shelly killed herself. I am sure it has something to do with the locals non stop posting about her father as a crook and her family as the "mafia" which i find hilarious, as they are moreso chef's and seafood and fine meat salesmen than anything. This entire thread is filled with nonsense, libel and slander. I am assuming this scott charecter is the ringleader behind the majority of the slandering and rumor mill. from what I have heard from several belmont official's mouths, scott was taking in roughly 55,000 per year from the general store, running it into the ground before Lav. SR. came in and financially bailed it out. Naturally he must have seen the issue in the business and as to where all of the financial gains were dribbling down the drain, or in this case, up scott's nose.. so to speak.

Hope to see the lav's make a full recovery and would advise them not to try and make some place something its not... like belmont into a sophisticated town where people do more than consume alcohol and drugs with their obama phone and welfare checks, like start businesses and be real business people. Unfortunately, that is the case with many of our small town's in the south.
Stay classy, Belmontians
belmontvisitor

Ramseur, NC

#302 Jul 24, 2014
belmont was a better place with the lavvecchis when JAX was open. Regina knew how to run a bar and Nick was an excellent owner. Went to belmont and frequently brought in party's of 5 or more just to show them how a small town could have great atmosphere and restaurants. now that is gone because belmont literally ran them off because they indeed were there to make money (isnt that what any successful business venture should do?) what can you say. I am interested to know why lav sr. was arrested however. He is an older man and I am not convinced that he posed a threat on anyone except other restaurant owners in the town. if you could call them restaurants. such a shame that so much hate can be generated towards one family because of their drive to open successful businesses, not even bad business. "yall" should be ashamed of yourself. especially after a member of their family passed away recently, you all are still on here ranting and raving about how crazy she was even after her death. THAT is the definition of sick. I wouldnt be suprised if it was the Scott fellow posting behind fake screen names counting his days of life left too doped up on cancer pain management pills that he has continually had a problem with, BEFORE he got "sick". Needless to say, I will not bring ANYONE to belmont ever again!!!
belmontvisitor

Charlotte, NC

#303 Jul 24, 2014
Lindsay wrote:
<quoted text>
well said... BUCK FELMONT AND SUCK FCOTT!!!!!!!!!! RIP MICHELLE!!!!!!!!!
Hashtag typicalLcrap

Charlotte, NC

#304 Jul 25, 2014
belmontvisitor wrote:
<quoted text>
well said... BUCK FELMONT AND SUCK FCOTT!!!!!!!!!! RIP MICHELLE!!!!!!!!!
Classy, you are not helping the lav's case.
Confused

Charlotte, NC

#305 Jul 25, 2014
What is the fascination with this family? Did they dethrone an older Belmont family or something? This entire forum is filled with people stereotyping, racists, and complainers. It's disturbing.
sensible

Gastonia, NC

#306 Jul 25, 2014
Confused wrote:
What is the fascination with this family? Did they dethrone an older Belmont family or something? This entire forum is filled with people stereotyping, racists, and complainers. It's disturbing.
I believe they and their supporters might be fascinated with themselves. They have created the drama on here...not the good people of Belmont. Condolences in the loss, but that does not negate the drama they have brought to this town. Best to go somewhere else and start over and try to re-think their strategy next time.
Confused

Charlotte, NC

#307 Jul 26, 2014
sensible wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe they and their supporters might be fascinated with themselves. They have created the drama on here...not the good people of Belmont. Condolences in the loss, but that does not negate the drama they have brought to this town. Best to go somewhere else and start over and try to re-think their strategy next time.
Will I'm not in their family, nor a supporter because I don't even know these people. What I do know is there are quite a few times I've seen their names and threads made about them so I was curious about their following. By the way, you didn't answer my question. You only gave a passive-aggressive answer justifying what my original post said. Is it possible to get a legitimate answer on this forum without a hateful undertone? Geesh!
sensible

Gastonia, NC

#308 Jul 27, 2014
Confused wrote:
<quoted text>
Will I'm not in their family, nor a supporter because I don't even know these people. What I do know is there are quite a few times I've seen their names and threads made about them so I was curious about their following. By the way, you didn't answer my question. You only gave a passive-aggressive answer justifying what my original post said. Is it possible to get a legitimate answer on this forum without a hateful undertone? Geesh!
It was an answer...and it wasn't hateful. Do you just want to hear what you want to hear? YOU are the P-A here. Coming across concerned when you really want to stir up trouble.
Confused

Charlotte, NC

#309 Jul 29, 2014
sensible wrote:
<quoted text>
It was an answer...and it wasn't hateful. Do you just want to hear what you want to hear? YOU are the P-A here. Coming across concerned when you really want to stir up trouble.
That is the second tactic I see often on these forums, attack then play victim. How is asking a legit question about a family that seems to always be on rotation on these forums stirring up trouble? So it's OK to bash them but not ask why they're being bashed? Amazing logic you have there! And by the way, I never said I was concerned, I clearly stated I'm not a fan or foe but it appears you have a bone to pick and just feel the need to be petty. Let me state again, you STILL have not answered what the fascination is with this family, only attempted to distract and attack me for asking. Petty behavior!
Disgusted in Belmont

Charlotte, NC

#310 Jul 30, 2014
bystander wrote:
I am not related to the family whatsoever but know EACH and every one of them individually and for 10+ years. they are far from drug addicts or embezzlers. they are hard working and self made. its a shame you choose to throw hard working americans under the bus because they choose to make money by working hard rather than taking a handout. Karma is a bitch, I heard the Scott gentleman who originally started this rumor battle against the Lav's along with his many false allegations now has Cancer....terrible news. hope he gets better.....
not.....
Nice comment. Quite the gentleman or lady. To wish cancer on someone? You obviously know nothing about the drug addiction. Just ask Mrs. L. She will tell you about the family struggles.

Get off all of this. Who gives a shit about these people?
neighbor

Gastonia, NC

#311 Jul 31, 2014
Confused wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the second tactic I see often on these forums, attack then play victim. How is asking a legit question about a family that seems to always be on rotation on these forums stirring up trouble? So it's OK to bash them but not ask why they're being bashed? Amazing logic you have there! And by the way, I never said I was concerned, I clearly stated I'm not a fan or foe but it appears you have a bone to pick and just feel the need to be petty. Let me state again, you STILL have not answered what the fascination is with this family, only attempted to distract and attack me for asking. Petty behavior!
You are quite a condescending person. There is no " fascination". This is a forum to discuss things and give an opinion. THEY created their own drama in Belmont and people want to discuss it because it affects the TOWN. It's not rocket science. Duh.
Confused

Charlotte, NC

#312 Aug 4, 2014
neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quite a condescending person. There is no " fascination". This is a forum to discuss things and give an opinion. THEY created their own drama in Belmont and people want to discuss it because it affects the TOWN. It's not rocket science. Duh.
Really? And how exactly does someone being in lockup affect you? Please do tell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stanley joined AYFL 3 hr GoBigBlue 14
News Confederate flag, monument rally set for Saturd... (Aug '15) 13 hr Manda 4
News Deputies make arrests in home break-ins 19 hr poster 1
There are nazi in mount holy Mon Tax Payer Still W... 4
Ugly Building Downtown Aug 14 Therealdeal 15
Rental homes? Aug 12 Jabba 2
Selling Nudes? Aug 12 KJ4RNVsDAD 9

Lowell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance