Friend's Gets a B Health Score!!
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Good Bud

Matthews, NC

#64 Feb 11, 2013
Bystander wrote:
a friend of mine was banned from Friends because he went to the bathroom and someone followed him, walked out and left.
They said it was suspicious of dealing drugs. He was not dealing drugs...just using the restroom.
If they see something that looks like drug dealing, they obviously nip it in the bud.
Drugs are everywhere. But it seems they do what they can to keep it out of their establishment. Maybe too well. Unfortunately, they lost a good patron who is NOT a drug dealer.
Nip it in the bud is right. I heard the bud is everywhere there. Ale is all over too watching. The place is drug and bug infested. Bunch of losers there. Stick to Sammy's if you don't want to get busted or get in a fight.
Bystander

Charlotte, NC

#65 Feb 11, 2013
Good Bud wrote:
<quoted text>
Nip it in the bud is right. I heard the bud is everywhere there. Ale is all over too watching. The place is drug and bug infested. Bunch of losers there. Stick to Sammy's if you don't want to get busted or get in a fight.
No, thanks. I could care less about "bud" and everything else I keep myself out of. Truthfully, I never see it. It's definitely not an "out in the open" type thing and if you read what I wrote, you'd understand that the first sign of dealing, they ban whoever it is so they don't have to worry about it. Sammy's has its fair share of drugs too. In fact, would it not make more sense to go deal drugs somewhere where people don't think to look?? If i was a dealer and people were watching out at Friends....I'd go to Sammy's because people (like you) think that its somehow exempt from the drug scene. I'll also tell you that the patrons at sammy's are higher end which draws more higher end drugs....um...like cocaine, not so much pot and pain pills.

I like friends and I will continue to frequent it because of their drink specials and good people. I mind my business and from everything i've seen...their employees do a good job of minding the business of Friends.
Good Buddy

Matthews, NC

#66 Feb 11, 2013
Bystander wrote:
<quoted text>
No, thanks. I could care less about "bud" and everything else I keep myself out of. Truthfully, I never see it. It's definitely not an "out in the open" type thing and if you read what I wrote, you'd understand that the first sign of dealing, they ban whoever it is so they don't have to worry about it. Sammy's has its fair share of drugs too. In fact, would it not make more sense to go deal drugs somewhere where people don't think to look?? If i was a dealer and people were watching out at Friends....I'd go to Sammy's because people (like you) think that its somehow exempt from the drug scene. I'll also tell you that the patrons at sammy's are higher end which draws more higher end drugs....um...like cocaine, not so much pot and pain pills.
I like friends and I will continue to frequent it because of their drink specials and good people. I mind my business and from everything i've seen...their employees do a good job of minding the business of Friends.
Thanks Tim, well said. Screw everyone else. You're the man!!
Bystander

Charlotte, NC

#67 Feb 11, 2013
Good Buddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Tim, well said. Screw everyone else. You're the man!!
definitely not Tim. just someone who likes Friends.
Bystander

Charlotte, NC

#68 Feb 11, 2013
btw, gaston gazette reports their score is 96.
Good Buddy

Matthews, NC

#69 Feb 12, 2013
Bystander wrote:
btw, gaston gazette reports their score is 96.
Thanks Tim.
Bystander

Charlotte, NC

#70 Feb 12, 2013
Good Buddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Tim.
im a 20 something female. last time i checked, Tim was a middle aged male.

must be hard to believe that amidst all of this forums negativity that someone other than a business owner will speak positive about a place.
Disagree

Concord, NC

#71 Feb 12, 2013
FriendlyTim wrote:
They don't have a "B, never had a "B" and won't ever get a "B". Get real you F'in idiots Friends is the "only" Bar in town. They have Bands on Friday & Saturday's, Trivia Nights, Bingo nights, Karaoke nights and more. Beer and drink specials, Food specials, tons of Big Screen TV's, a patio, an upstairs club and more. This is just a jealous and wreckless attempt to destroy the image of Friends. Best & only Bar in Belmont.
I'm no bar fly, but I've been to Friends an it's pretty dirty in there. BF&B has made a come back and the Jax crowd has moved there. It's a better bar, good live music, decent food, still on the dirty side. But if I took a notion to fall of the wagon, I would go to BF&B.

And you should stop impersonating the owner Tim, I know you are not him.
Good Buddy

Matthews, NC

#72 Feb 12, 2013
Bystander wrote:
<quoted text>
im a 20 something female. last time i checked, Tim was a middle aged male.
must be hard to believe that amidst all of this forums negativity that someone other than a business owner will speak positive about a place.
I didn't know Tim had such a young wife. Lucky dog!(unless you're fat)

Since: Jan 12

Arcadia, SC

#73 Feb 12, 2013
Disagree wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm no bar fly, but I've been to Friends an it's pretty dirty in there. BF&B has made a come back and the Jax crowd has moved there. It's a better bar, good live music, decent food, still on the dirty side. But if I took a notion to fall of the wagon, I would go to BF&B.
And you should stop impersonating the owner Tim, I know you are not him.
You seem to be obsessed with cleanliness to the point of being squeemish.

Neither Friends or BF&B are dirty, IMHO.
Disagree

Concord, NC

#74 Feb 12, 2013
Malcolm III wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be obsessed with cleanliness to the point of being squeemish.
Neither Friends or BF&B are dirty, IMHO.
This coming from the Waffle House King. I didn't think my standards were that high? Here's what I see when I walked in each place last time I went -

Waffle house - cig butts in the ice machine
Bf&B - a guy pissing in the bathroom sink while I waited to wash my hands
Friends - a fine, somewhat sticky layer of grease and dirt on every surface

Obsessed with cleanliness or rightly concerned? I give BF&B a break because you can't control your customers actions.

Since: Jan 12

Arcadia, SC

#75 Feb 12, 2013
Laffo!

I go to the Awful Waffle maybe 6 times a year. I like it, but it ain't healthy.

As for your assertion that there is a fine, somewhat sticky layer of grease:

It's official - You're squeemish.
Independent

Charlotte, NC

#76 Feb 12, 2013
Waffle House is all over the southern states. I have never seen a clean one. Just varying states of disgusting in MHO. Friends is fun. Young people like to have fun. The owner is always there keeping an eye on things.
One Eyed Jackasss

Matthews, NC

#77 Feb 12, 2013
Independent wrote:
Waffle House is all over the southern states. I have never seen a clean one. Just varying states of disgusting in MHO. Friends is fun. Young people like to have fun. The owner is always there keeping an eye on things.
That must be the problem, Tim only sees half of what's going on. His other eye is on his next drink. What a dirt bag.
Disagree

Concord, NC

#78 Feb 13, 2013
Malcolm III wrote:
Laffo!
I go to the Awful Waffle maybe 6 times a year. I like it, but it ain't healthy.
As for your assertion that there is a fine, somewhat sticky layer of grease:
It's official - You're squeemish.
I prefer the term germaphobe, but filth is filth. I guess the more you drink the cleaner it starts to look?
Grossed Out

Matthews, NC

#79 Feb 13, 2013
I heard Tim is still drinking at the bar and does nothing to clean the place up. He doesn't care what the kitchen or bathrooms are like as long as he can drink all day and rake in the money. He's a bum and should go back up North or whatever rock he crawled out from. Drugs are rampant there too, I don't care what he says.
ZtHawk

Charlotte, NC

#80 Feb 13, 2013
Disagree wrote:
<quoted text>This coming from the Waffle House King. I didn't think my standards were that high? Here's what I see when I walked in each place last time I went -
Waffle house - cig butts in the ice machine
Bf&B - a guy pissing in the bathroom sink while I waited to wash my hands
Friends - a fine, somewhat sticky layer of grease and dirt on every surface
Obsessed with cleanliness or rightly concerned? I give BF&B a break because you can't control your customers actions.
And you did nothing btstand there and watch, didn't you... Seems as though you would have headed for the front door. And how do you have access to WH's ice machine?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Todd martin thief May 23 concerned 2
POTUS Trump haters May 20 Will139 2
Michael Wilson is right! (Oct '15) May 20 sanity 7
Did you hear what happened at Friends? (Aug '16) May 19 OldStone 8
What's going on at Sammys (Mar '10) May 18 tipster 15
RiverMan Brew/Restaurant May 17 Britney 2
News Videos of drivers in Belmont uploaded to YouTube (Jun '14) May 17 Just a little info 137

Lowell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lowell Mortgages