Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

http://obswhatsinstore.blogspot.com/2013/01/b... Hate to see anyone lose their jobs, but was anyone really surprised this was coming?
Borious

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Curious wrote:
http://obswhatsinstore.blogspo t.com/2013/01/belmont-food-lio n-to-close-as-delhaize.html Hate to see anyone lose their jobs, but was anyone really surprised this was coming?
You love it. People like you want to see people be as miserable as you are. You are full of shit. Go away.
Curious

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Borious wrote:
<quoted text>
You love it. People like you want to see people be as miserable as you are. You are full of shit. Go away.
Does your mommy know you talk like that?
Redrum

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

That place is a turd hole anyway...

Since: Jan 12

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

I rarely shop @ Food Lion, but I would have to imagine that Aldi took a serious chunk of their business away from them.

Personally - I keep hoping for a Trader Joe's!
Borious

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Curious wrote:
<quoted text> Does your mommy know you talk like that?
My mom passed away a month ago.
Agreeable

Belmont, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

No way could Belmont support a Trader Joe's. I don't see anything taking that Food Lion spot really. That shopping center is dead ugly, as the one across the road. Nobody moved into the auto whatever store vacancy either. It's too bad, I don't really know what they could do to make that area more desirable.
Realist1962

Concord, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

How much you want to be it becomes a thrift store? Maybe a Goodwill at best. That would serve the community at large unlike a Trader Joes. I went there once and thought what's the big deal? They have about 1/3 of what I buy on a weekly basis and the prices weren't that great. I say we should be happy to have Aldi's and quit wishing for something our demographics don't support.
Butt Hole

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Wake up people; Belmont doesn't even support Belmont. The people from Gastonia, Charlotte, Mt. Holly, Lake Wylie, Clover and people coming off 85 support most of downtown. Yea, we have our regular old spinster drunks at BF&B, the smelly redneck trailer park drunks at Friends, the Ghosts of Belmont at JAX LOL, The I don't know what kind of regulars at The Bean. I hope they have a better business plan with their brewery. I think The Belmont Brewery is adequate and their signature specialty drink should be Beer Enegmas Daily. That will get all the drunks get drunk quicker and out of downtown quicker too. What do ya thunk?
Thunker

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Butt Hole wrote:
Wake up people; Belmont doesn't even support Belmont. The people from Gastonia, Charlotte, Mt. Holly, Lake Wylie, Clover and people coming off 85 support most of downtown. Yea, we have our regular old spinster drunks at BF&B, the smelly redneck trailer park drunks at Friends, the Ghosts of Belmont at JAX LOL, The I don't know what kind of regulars at The Bean. I hope they have a better business plan with their brewery. I think The Belmont Brewery is adequate and their signature specialty drink should be Beer Enegmas Daily. That will get all the drunks get drunk quicker and out of downtown quicker too. What do ya thunk?
I thunk you're an a-hole.

Since: Jan 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Trader Joe's isn't expensive, nor is it incredibly cheap. I wasn't all that impressed the first time I went to one either. I used to go by the one in the Universty area once every other week when I was working in the area as it was convenient, and now I miss their prepared meals and frozen foods. Bi Lo would still be my goto store though.

Belmont's demographics is changing and becoming more affluent. I could see a Trader Joes being supported before a Harris Teeter or Lowe's Food.
Long time resident

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Let's see- before the growth spurt, Belmont had Harris-Teeter, Winn-Dixie, Bi-Lo and Food Lion. Now we are left with Bi-Lo and Walmart ( Aldi doesn't count). What did our grocery market in? One word - WALMART. We told ya so.
Long time resident

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Also- Belmont is a " sick" place....we can only support a couple of grocery stores but we have six pharmacies ( would have been 7 if Rite Aid was still open)?
Realist1962

Concord, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Long time resident wrote:
Also- Belmont is a " sick" place....we can only support a couple of grocery stores but we have six pharmacies ( would have been 7 if Rite Aid was still open)?
Not necessarily "sick", just over medicated! Compliments of SPFP and doctors in general. It's the way the system works.
Genuis

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Agreeable wrote:
No way could Belmont support a Trader Joe's. I don't see anything taking that Food Lion spot really. That shopping center is dead ugly, as the one across the road. Nobody moved into the auto whatever store vacancy either. It's too bad, I don't really know what they could do to make that area more desirable.
Make the entire area part of Mt Holly or Charlotte; just have to reconfigure/extend the Catawba bridge up to Taco Bell. It goes with that part of 74 going east right up to Nichols at Old Dowd.
Agreeable

Belmont, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

I'm pretty surprised the Sake Express has done so well over there. It's got no direct road access and it's pretty expensive. Do they have I-85 signage? I never noticed any.
Agreeable too

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

I have never seen interstate signage. Call it good food at good prices, word of mouth, and they do advertise in Gaston Alive CONSISTENTLY. Good for them. Now, they have three or four locations after the first one opened at the locale we are speaking of across from Food Lion.
observant

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Sake has several billboards on wilkinson blvd and multiple locations but they could be more consistent with food quality.
Long time resident

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Sake is one of the best restaurants in Belmont. Consistently great food at good prices. And - the kids are friendly and mannerable and take care of their customers.
Statewide

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Hummm Access is key to jobs and business success. How about a parkway!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lowell Discussions

Search the Lowell Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 1 hr State of Florida 49,451
Loomis Fargo Mastermind Lives in Belmont (Oct '13) 1 hr Toll Road 26
city of belmont buys a 400.000 fire truck 8 hr River Rat 22
Dr. Cox in Stanley 11 hr Mr F 1
Nuke Siren Test 14 hr Scott-L 4
No Good Friday Walk 15 hr Mona 4
South Point High School 19 hr The Real Truth 10
•••
•••
•••
Lowell Dating

more search filters

less search filters