When will Jax reopen?

When will Jax reopen?

Posted in the Lowell Forum

Mrs Doubtfire

Gastonia, NC

#1 Jan 29, 2013
No sign of life there. No work, no progress, nothing, nada, zilch! Is anything new really coming or not? What's the word on the street?
eastbelmontian

Belmont, NC

#2 Jan 29, 2013
Mrs Doubtfire wrote:
No sign of life there. No work, no progress, nothing, nada, zilch! Is anything new really coming or not? What's the word on the street?
Nick and Regina sold the place for big bucks. Word on the street is they walked away with 300K .It will reopen under another name. There are plenty of signs of work being done. They are currently taking down the interior facades. Same concept, bar food, beers on tap and in the bottle, local hangout style, indoor and outdoor seating. They are the only ones cashing in on that place since no new venture will ever succeed there. Restaurant 101: never never never buy a place that has closed. It just doesnt work. New owners will last less than 6 months
Big ear

Gastonia, NC

#3 Jan 29, 2013
I heard the Gaston Chamber is opening a new satelite office in Belmont!
Red Bone

Shelbyville, TN

#4 Jan 30, 2013
eastbelmontian wrote:
<quoted text>Nick and Regina sold the place for big bucks. Word on the street is they walked away with 300K .It will reopen under another name. There are plenty of signs of work being done. They are currently taking down the interior facades. Same concept, bar food, beers on tap and in the bottle, local hangout style, indoor and outdoor seating. They are the only ones cashing in on that place since no new venture will ever succeed there. Restaurant 101: never never never buy a place that has closed. It just doesnt work. New owners will last less than 6 months
You actually think $300k is "big bucks"? Hahahahahaha
Mrs Doubtfire

Gastonia, NC

#5 Jan 30, 2013
Who is the new owner?
Friendly Tim

Belmont, NC

#6 Jan 30, 2013
Mrs Doubtfire wrote:
Who is the new owner?
None of your business. You don't spend any money anyway, nosy bitch!
Maybe your nasty cat knows.

Since: Jan 12

Charlotte, NC

#7 Jan 30, 2013
eastbelmontian wrote:
<quoted text>Nick and Regina sold the place for big bucks. Word on the street is they walked away with 300K .It will reopen under another name. There are plenty of signs of work being done. They are currently taking down the interior facades. Same concept, bar food, beers on tap and in the bottle, local hangout style, indoor and outdoor seating. They are the only ones cashing in on that place since no new venture will ever succeed there. Restaurant 101: never never never buy a place that has closed. It just doesnt work. New owners will last less than 6 months
Normally, I would agree that opening a restaurant in a place that closed is a bad idea, but not in this case. Jax was very popular, but struggled with bad management.

I liked Jax concept, but they clearly had issues.

I will wait a month after the new place opens to give them time to sort out the kinks.
UtellMe

Concord, NC

#8 Jan 30, 2013
Mrs Doubtfire wrote:
Who is the new owner?
Look it up on GIS, it's a matter of public record.
STFU

Gastonia, NC

#9 Jan 30, 2013
MichaellaRoyce and quit lying. You are so obvious.
hold the anchovies

Gastonia, NC

#10 Jan 30, 2013
eastbelmontian wrote:
<quoted text>Nick and Regina sold the place for big bucks. Word on the street is they walked away with 300K .It will reopen under another name. There are plenty of signs of work being done. They are currently taking down the interior facades. Same concept, bar food, beers on tap and in the bottle, local hangout style, indoor and outdoor seating. They are the only ones cashing in on that place since no new venture will ever succeed there. Restaurant 101: never never never buy a place that has closed. It just doesnt work. New owners will last less than 6 months
who cares about these people. they are gone and out of belmont. nobody cares how much they didnt get or did. outta sight outta mind. good riddance to them.
BIGgurlsNeedLuv2

Gastonia, NC

#11 Jan 30, 2013
I hope they have sum good chickn wings
I likem SPICY!
repetition

Belmont, NC

#12 Jan 31, 2013
hold the anchovies wrote:
<quoted text>who cares about these people. they are gone and out of belmont. nobody cares how much they didnt get or did. outta sight outta mind. good riddance to them.
Obviously alot of people care about them or they wouldnt constantly be the focus of so many discussions on this forum or in the newspapers or anywhere else. That remark clearly shows ignorance stupidity. I think the real issue is that none of them care about Belmont and I cant blame them
Chris Christy

Concord, NC

#13 Feb 7, 2013
Another pizza/bar or fine dining, that is the question?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
So when is the ground breaking on the Harris Te... (Sep '14) 2 hr Robert Stowe 30
News Will bathroom bill matter for Belmont restaurant Thu local eats 4
Mt Holly Middle School Apr 26 Concerned 4
nellies Apr 26 deelo 20
Mt Holly Middle Apr 26 Concerned 1
Adrian Miller's Folly Apr 26 Young Voter 9
Nick Jonas Joins the Bullies Apr 26 wellwell 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lowell Mortgages