WZZM13 - Vanished: Searching for Deanie Peters

Full story: WZZM Grand Rapids

"Everybody knew about it. There was nobody who didn't know in this area, for hundreds of miles out," ponders Ken Kleinheksel.
Comments
41 - 45 of 45 Comments Last updated Dec 30, 2009
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Anonymous

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Judged:

There are people that know. If I were you, I would start talking. The truth IS going to come out.

Since: Oct 07

Cloud Nine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

Since: Dec 08

Ottawa County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2009

“O__o ?”

Since: May 08

Grandville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Judged:

I am wondering if the same equipment that is being used in Ohio at that sex offender's home (Sowell is last name), to see if bodies are under the dirt, could be used in and around the school where Deanie went missing, or in the area of that old school house they investigated last spring.

I'm just wondering if she was killed and buried, and buried so well, that no one has ever been able to find her "grave."

Some day, we will find out the truth.
porchlight

Walterboro, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/ind......
Police offer $25,000 reward in Deanie Peters case; Forest Hills student disappeared in 1981
By Nate Reens | The Grand Rapids Press
November 19, 2009, 2:55PM
KENT COUNTY -- Authorities said today there is a $25,000 reward available for information that leads cold case investigators to the slaying suspect or the body of Deanie Peters, a 14-year-old who vanished 28 years ago.

Courtesy PhotoDeanie Peters
State Police Detective Sally Wolters, who heads a five-person cold case team trying to solve the teen's baffling disappearance on Feb. 5, 1981, appealed for people with any information on the case to come forward.

Wolters said detectives have learned that Peters, who disappeared from a Forest Hills Central Middle School wrestling practice, was involved in a fight days before she went missing.

Police declined to characterize the nature of the fight, say what day it occurred or who was involved. Wolters would not say if the people involved in the confrontation are considered suspects.

Since reopening the cold case in March 2008, police have interviewed more than 100 suspects, visited seven states and tracked down new leads they generated during the probe.

Wolters said police have ruled out all burial sites that were rumored to be where suspects disposed of Peters' body.

The work included draining a pond on private property, using an excavator behind an old Ionia County schoolhouse and scouring hundreds of acres of land.

"We have done everything we can," Wolters said. "We're hoping the reward will generate interest among those who have chosen to remain uninvolved."

Kent County Sheriff Larry Stelma said the cash, payable upon conviction, was donated by an individual with no ties to the Peters' case

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lowell Discussions

Search the Lowell Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Oosha's Haircutters (Jan '13) Jul 24 Gary Roman 5
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul 23 gottondas 5,482
I hate Chris Updyke Jul 11 Gregg 5
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul 7 maeball 169
Chris Updyke is spreading STD Jun '14 Coronal Sanders 5
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Jun '14 lulubell 302
American legion bar May '14 Debbie 3
•••
•••
•••
Lowell Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lowell Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••