WZZM13 - Vanished: Searching for Deanie Peters

"Everybody knew about it. There was nobody who didn't know in this area, for hundreds of miles out," ponders Ken Kleinheksel. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Angie

Belleville, MI

#1 May 23, 2007
Thank you wzzm13 for doing this story. Hopefully with a little more exposure, Deanie's case will get solved. And, hats off to Ken Kleinheksel for his determination. Someone out there knows something...PLEASE report it and end the pain and suffering Deanie's friends and family have endured for 26 years.
Always searching.
Angie
anonymous

Belvidere, IL

#2 May 23, 2007
I am her brother. I was actually 7 years old at the time. I have no doubt that the janitor knows something that he will not tell. as for the police, were they dropped the ball was the fact that it took them 4-7 days to start looking for her. As far as I am concerned, she is gone never to come home during my lifetime.
Krystin

Holland, MI

#3 May 24, 2007
anonymous wrote:
I am her brother. I was actually 7 years old at the time. I have no doubt that the janitor knows something that he will not tell. as for the police, were they dropped the ball was the fact that it took them 4-7 days to start looking for her. As far as I am concerned, she is gone never to come home during my lifetime.
William, I understand your pain and frustration with this case and I think its very interesting that Ken would come out and claim all his hard work when he never has shared any of his new leads with Kent County Sheriff's Department. If Ken was unable to solve this case in twenty six years I really wish he would pass his information on and let KCSD do there job.
Alicia

Grand Rapids, MI

#4 May 24, 2007
I remember this when this happened. I wa the same age, and I wondered, like many, "How do you vanish so soon" Well we all know you don't, not without someone close to the scene knowing something. Isn't there a "cold case" team that at least tries to look at cases like these? If not, can't we, as a caring citizens help with this process. With so many changes since 1981, I refuse to believe there is nothing we can do, and sitting idle is an option. Heaven forbid any one us are ever in this situation. I would like her family to know there are many of us that still think about her.
Thank you TV13 for bringing this to the public again.
A.
A.
Andrew Stimson

Brookfield, WI

#5 May 24, 2007
i hope they solve it. 26 years though is a long time for someone to just be missing. good luck to the fam. and prayers are with you.
Krystin

Holland, MI

#6 May 24, 2007
Alicia wrote:
I remember this when this happened. I wa the same age, and I wondered, like many, "How do you vanish so soon" Well we all know you don't, not without someone close to the scene knowing something. Isn't there a "cold case" team that at least tries to look at cases like these? If not, can't we, as a caring citizens help with this process. With so many changes since 1981, I refuse to believe there is nothing we can do, and sitting idle is an option. Heaven forbid any one us are ever in this situation. I would like her family to know there are many of us that still think about her.
Thank you TV13 for bringing this to the public again.
A.
A.
There is a "cold case" squad in effect which consists of four different agency's working together. I believe one is from the Michigan State Police, one from Kent County Sheriff's Department, one from Grand Rapids Police Department, and the other I cant remember. They have been notified of a new location and individuals involved in Deanie's disappearance as recent as December and have added Deanie's case to their list of cold cases to be reopened and looked into further. I have always believe this case is solvable.
Angie

Belleville, MI

#7 May 24, 2007
Krystin wrote:
<quoted text>
William, I understand your pain and frustration with this case and I think its very interesting that Ken would come out and claim all his hard work when he never has shared any of his new leads with Kent County Sheriff's Department. If Ken was unable to solve this case in twenty six years I really wish he would pass his information on and let KCSD do there job.
Krystin, I don't believe you understand the pain and frustration with this case and everyone close to Deanie. How could you? You WERE NOT living in Michigan when Deanie disappeared. As far as Ken is concerned, you have no idea what your talking about. I'll leave it at that. And, as far as Kent County SD is concerned, they claim they do not work Deanie's case unless they receive a tip. I agree with Will, I often feel this case will never be solved. Bottom line...Deanie needs to be found.
Still Searching,
Angie
Krystin

Holland, MI

#8 May 24, 2007
Angie wrote:
<quoted text>Krystin, I don't believe you understand the pain and frustration with this case and everyone close to Deanie. How could you? You WERE NOT living in Michigan when Deanie disappeared. As far as Ken is concerned, you have no idea what your talking about. I'll leave it at that. And, as far as Kent County SD is concerned, they claim they do not work Deanie's case unless they receive a tip. I agree with Will, I often feel this case will never be solved. Bottom line...Deanie needs to be found.
Still Searching,
Angie
If you were to agree with William Mrs. Kuick then you would have to admit that Ken was wrong at his investigation since he was the initial investigator that took four days to realize the main suspect should have been the janitor. I believe it was you also Angie that at the age of fifteen went to the media and accused Deanie's stepfather of being a main suspect because of the arguements Deanie and her stepfather had. If you need a copy of that article I have no problem getting it for you since I micro filmed all of them and have copies of everything. I believe they posted your picture with it. As far as not living here when she disappeared doesn't mean I wouldn't want to find answers also to her disappearance so I don't know why you would even through that out there.
cbage

Grand Rapids, MI

#9 May 24, 2007
anonymous wrote:
I am so sorry for what you and your family has gone through.
cbage

Grand Rapids, MI

#10 May 24, 2007
Krystin wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were to agree with William Mrs. Kuick then you would have to admit that Ken was wrong at his investigation since he was the initial investigator that took four days to realize the main suspect should have been the janitor. I believe it was you also Angie that at the age of fifteen went to the media and accused Deanie's stepfather of being a main suspect because of the arguements Deanie and her stepfather had. If you need a copy of that article I have no problem getting it for you since I micro filmed all of them and have copies of everything. I believe they posted your picture with it. As far as not living here when she disappeared doesn't mean I wouldn't want to find answers also to her disappearance so I don't know why you would even through that out there.
I understand that everyone personally involved is hurting, but it doesn't do any good to point fingers at each other. Maybe if everyone personally involved can set aside their differences and work together using facts instead of accusations this case can be solved. Please think about it.
Krystin

Holland, MI

#11 May 24, 2007
Krystin wrote:
<quoted text>
exerpt copied from the Feb. 8, 1981 copy of the GR Press.

Angela Franklin, said Peters "was not the kind of girl to take off." Franklin is a Freshman at Forest Hills Central High School. Franklin, Peters' best friend, said she and Peters had arranged for Peters to stay at Franklins house Friday night. "I kept thinking she would show up on Friday," Franklin said. "I just hope now that she's alive and well." Franklin and Peters told her she argued with her step father often. "She just never got along with him. I guess they would argue about little things."
A Herbert

United States

#12 May 24, 2007
I want to Thank each and everyone who has responded. I was with Mary, Deanie, William and my son at the time that she disappeared. We were all right there at the Middle School. The Video YOU TUBE is incorrect she disappeared from the Middle School. I also was with the family when the police came to interview us at the Peters home I can tell you it was not just Ken who might have over looked things in this case it was his supervisor who I feel botched the job. He also came to the home that day. I normally don't talk to news reporters or media; but I fell there are statements being made that are incorrect about Ken. I have been working with Ken from day one so I know the truth not hear say from people who were not even in the state at the time it happened. William I want you to know which I know your mom knows we will never give up looking for her. You know me and you know I love you both. Thanks for responding I know it was hard. God Bless you. If any one wants to help call the sheriff dept. like I do trying to get them to put cold case staff on this case.
Anon

Orange Park, FL

#13 May 24, 2007
I know who the Lowell suspect is, and he knows the truth.
Angie

Belleville, MI

#14 May 24, 2007
Krystin wrote:
<quoted text>
Krystin,
Please Get Your Story Straight. The media came to her friends and asked about her relationship with her step-father. And I quote, I said, She just never got along with him. I guess they would argue about little things. End quote. Read the article. There were other friends of Deanie's that knew she argued with her s-father. What teenager doesn't argue with their parents at that age? And, if you think that is accusing him....your some detective. I would appreciate it if you would stop putting words in my mouth. And please use a little more tact with this forum. Your throwing too many names around. Now, I am finished with this petty discussion with you. GROW UP. To everyone else in the forum, please keep Deanie and her family in your thoughts and prayers.
WTF over

Grand Rapids, MI

#15 May 24, 2007
Anon wrote:
I know who the Lowell suspect is, and he knows the truth.
then why aren't you helping this family out??????????
Krystin

Holland, MI

#16 May 24, 2007
Angie wrote:
<quoted text>Krystin,
Please Get Your Story Straight. The media came to her friends and asked about her relationship with her step-father. And I quote, I said, She just never got along with him. I guess they would argue about little things. End quote. Read the article. There were other friends of Deanie's that knew she argued with her s-father. What teenager doesn't argue with their parents at that age? And, if you think that is accusing him....your some detective. I would appreciate it if you would stop putting words in my mouth. And please use a little more tact with this forum. Your throwing too many names around. Now, I am finished with this petty discussion with you. GROW UP. To everyone else in the forum, please keep Deanie and her family in your thoughts and prayers.
Im not the one who turned this into a pissing match. On the contrary it was I that Lambrini called for the story and I sent her to Ken Kleinheksel. I do feel for him since it must be very frustrating to have worked this case. I might add that the information along with location that was reported by Ken was all information that I have sent to KCSD. None of this case is facts Angie, its all here say regarding an individual from the Lowell area. I agree with the previous post that it would be nice to work together. Also, did you ever wonder why someone from Nelson Illinois would have known that they were even airing a story about his sister? I know why?
WTF over

Grand Rapids, MI

#17 May 24, 2007
WOW!!!!!! we are in grade school again, and no one is out there trying to find her or the person that has taken her!!
Angie

Belleville, MI

#18 May 24, 2007
Please, If you know anything or thought you might have seen something, even if it seems small to you. Please call the proper authorities. We need to bring Deanie home.
Angie

Belleville, MI

#19 May 24, 2007
WTF over wrote:
WOW!!!!!! we are in grade school again, and no one is out there trying to find her or the person that has taken her!!
I agree with you. Our main focus should be finding Deanie. As I said before, If anyone knows anything, no matter how small you might feel it is...Please call the proper authorities.
Krystin

Holland, MI

#20 May 24, 2007
WTF over wrote:
The problem with this case is that there are plenty of us out there looking for answers and trying to solve this case. We are all frustrated with the fact that Kent County Sheriff's Department has not reopened this case and followed up with leads and questioning individuals involved.

I think we are all on the same page when it comes to frustration and that whether we are family, friends, or just plain concerned citizens we would like to see KCSD reopen this case and do what they should have done after the Fryling murder was closed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) 6 hr Ann 126
Debate: Ferguson - Clarksville, MI Sep 12 F. D. Valdez 2
MI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) Sep 12 Sybil 95
Debate: Ferguson - Ada, MI Sep 6 Elizabeth 2
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Sep 2 just the tip 303
Feet chat Aug 24 Saranac Michigan 2
Browns are still Clowns (Mar '13) Aug 22 Saranac freaks 4
•••
•••

Lowell Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lowell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lowell News, Events & Info