Body of Rockford man found in Flat Ri...

Body of Rockford man found in Flat River after he went missing sustained no trauma

There are 41 comments on the MLive.com story from Oct 7, 2010, titled Body of Rockford man found in Flat River after he went missing sustained no trauma. In it, MLive.com reports that:

The body of 29-year-old David Vanderlaan, found submerged Wednesday in the Flat River after he went missing Saturday, showed no signs of trauma, an autopsy revealed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MLive.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jennifer Haan

United States

#1 Oct 29, 2010
I am very upset that this investigation is over..David Vanderlaan has been my best friend for 15 years and I think someone knows what happened to him but whoever they are they are scared. And I wish there could be more investigation.
jamie

Caledonia, MI

#2 Nov 2, 2010
Jennifer Haan wrote:
I am very upset that this investigation is over..David Vanderlaan has been my best friend for 15 years and I think someone knows what happened to him but whoever they are they are scared. And I wish there could be more investigation.
I agree with you! A body doesn't just appear in a river after the events of that evening took place. Drug run and dead body in river doesn't equal coincidence! Something happened and I pray that family gets their answers that they deserve. I know people that are acquaintances with him and it doesn't add up.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#3 Jan 17, 2012
Jennifer Haan wrote:
Bobby Snide is just as guilty as jamie Schaffer for letting David die. If they weren't so fucked up on meth they wouldn't of left him to die in the river. Bobby Snide is a cold blooded heroin addicted killer. He put battery acid in another girls syringe cuz he stole her car and didn't want to get charged. Now that's sick
whocares

Caledonia, MI

#4 Jul 10, 2013
This family still does NOT have the answers they deserve and that is just plain sick and wrong...To not even be able to tell your 3 children how their father died is terrible! Bobby Snide and Tyler Johnson both know what happened to him as well as Ashley Sprick and I am sickened that they have have not come forward with any information..Karma WILL get them and for that I am thankful
bfunk

Farmington, MI

#5 May 11, 2014
What happened to amber halford bobby snide has more blood on his hands
bfunk

Lansing, MI

#6 May 14, 2014
Does anyone care that this man is a career criminal.? How many more family's lives shall be ruined at the hands of this man who has no concern for man kind

Since: Jan 15

Tampa, FL

#7 Jan 5, 2015
bfunk wrote:
Does anyone care that this man is a career criminal.? How many more family's lives shall be ruined at the hands of this man who has no concern for man kind
You pathetic people. You call Robert a killer and a long history of career criminal record. David Vanderlaan had a career criminal record as well. How dare people in glass houses throw stones. David Vanderlaan was hooked on Meth. His family Adoptive family alienated him cuz he was on meth instead of helping him. They kicked him out. His wife wouldnt allow him to see his children. But she forgot to tell authorities she was a avd user of cocaine and meth. But took his Truck and children and wouldnt let him see them. She took his children away from him as she was seeing another man and driving Davids Harley truck. Threw him out cuz he didnt share the meth took him away from his children and dist him like trash. How do i no. He came to my house and slept the night before he died of accidental drowning. And Had been staying at Robert Snides house And Ashley Spricks cuz his family and wife threw him away like garbage. And although David could kick Roberts ass. They accuse my son of Murder. David Died of Accidental drowning and these people that did not help him and cared less where he slept accussed and still accuse the very person that reported him missing of killing him. Now....today I hired a lawyer to Sue the Vanderlaan and Halford family of staulking and defimation of character of my son Robert Snide. The prosecuters in Rockford and the State Police ruled both Amber Halford and David Vanderlaans deaths as this...David Vanderlaan died of Hypothermia and drowned. Amber Marie Halford died of self infflicted needle of Heroin. Accidental death. For Robert wasnt even there. And thelast person with David Vanderlaan in the Water with him Was James schaffer. Whom all co operated fully with investigation of David. Now Davids father Adoptive is a minister....Well preacher man you dropped your CLOTH. BECAUSE ANY MINISTER THAT CAST BLAME AND STAULKS A PERSON TO GET GRATIFICATION AND TAKES VINDICTIVE MEASURES TO CALL A FRIEND A MURDERER. HAS NO RIGHT UNDER GOD. PREACHER MAN VANDERLAAN IM GOING IN FRONT OF YOUR CONGREGATION TO SERVE YOU YOUR RESTRAINING ORDER....UNDER GOD...ANYONE ELSE WANT TO BE SERVED FOR FALSIFIEING YOUR MURDER ACCUSATIONS..SEE U IN CHURCH. GOD REST DAVID AND AMBERS SOLE CUZ NEITHER ONE WERE VINDICTIVE AND THEY LOVED BOBBY TO DEATH ....LITERALLY...WHERE WERE THEIR FAMILYS WHILE BOBBY WAS STRUGGLING TO CARE FOR HIS FAMILY AND THEIRS. SHAME ON ALL OF YOU....

Tampa, FL

#8 Jan 5, 2015
bfunk wrote:
Well. Again you pathetic people...No blood just tears of a good man loving Amber Marie Halford. Amber was a Heroin attict and died of self inflicted needle to her own arm by her own hand. My son Robert lived Amber and Amber loved Robert. I no shes looking down begging me and my son to show her diary to the very people that accuse him of murder. Because she didnt see her family since her Baby Trenton died. Why cuz they accussed her of murdering her own son. Her father Mike And her step mother kameo. She forever writes in her diary of the mental abuse of her family and friends. She loved Robert and they had the best times and seen the world like no others. They went everywhere together. And when her father went to florida to take her a car last feb. Her father called her a junky loosing murderer. Robert beat his ass. Amber was happy about it. Cuz the poor chil was lost of disraugt memories of her Baby. Ive hired a lawyer to stop these accusations and finallyput Amber to peaceful rest. Cuz the person she loved the most is being called a murder. I will jusyify these horrible people buy sueing them till their is no sueing. Let her rest or Ill show her Diary. And you people in Glass houses will fall and beg for forgiveness of the blame you cast on my son. Robert Snide...see u all under God. Or in Hell...Amber and David r watching you....when will you ever let them rest in peace...

Tampa, FL

#9 Jan 5, 2015
whocares wrote:
This family still does NOT have the answers they deserve and that is just plain sick and wrong...To not even be able to tell your 3 children how their father died is terrible! Bobby Snide and Tyler Johnson both know what happened to him as well as Ashley Sprick and I am sickened that they have have not come forward with any information..Karma WILL get them and for that I am thankful
Or Karma will get you. Cuz people under God dont conduct theirselves as you loosing blaming people do...Blaming Bobby Ashley or Jamie doesnt change the facts. David was on self inflicted Meth. And tragically died of hypothermia and drown. Accidental death. Shame and terribble. But where were you...not with David cuz you couldnt love or care for a real person as a drug attict. Even though you were also a drug attict. Dont make people prove it. Plz let Dave Vanderlaan rest...There is answers and you all got them. He was on Meth and drown. You were on meth and lived. Look at the bright side you took his kids and truck and possesions and threw him away like garbage. Who is the real killer..i love everyone addicted the most. Why...Cuz thats what they r longing for....LOVE YOU FOOLS...BOBBY ASHLEY AND JAMIE GAVE THAT TO DAVE WHEN YOU DIST HIM...QUIT BLAMEING PEOPLE. JUST WATCH..SO THE NEXT GOOD PERSON THAT COMES ALOONG AND NEEDS LOVE YOU DONT THROW AWAY LIKE YOU DID DAVID VANDERLAAN...CUZ U REALLY NEVER NO. IF TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO LOVE...YOU NO...YOU MISSED THE BOAT ONCE...

Tampa, FL

#10 Jan 5, 2015
H8pane wrote:
<quoted text>
Bobby Snide is just as guilty as jamie Schaffer for letting David die. If they weren't so fucked up on meth they wouldn't of left him to die in the river. Bobby Snide is a cold blooded heroin addicted killer. He put battery acid in another girls syringe cuz he stole her car and didn't want to get charged. Now that's sick
Careful what you say. Cuz nobody put any battery acid in anyones syringe fool. But your being sued too old wise one. Meth head cocaine bible thumper...you took Davids truck clothes and Kids and remember trying to sleep with Bobby and he told you no...while you were with Dave Vanderlaan. Remember coming to my house asking for cocaine while ur babies sat in a suv at 2 am. Well i do Jenn...so does Bobby and so does Dave. You drove his truck took his shit and cared less if he died. The night before he died he called u and asked if he could see his kids...you told him...Kill yourself...Forgetful arent you...REPENT LIAR...
enough already

Ada, MI

#11 Jan 5, 2015
KimHelmsBobSnideMa wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful what you say. Cuz nobody put any battery acid in anyones syringe fool. But your being sued too old wise one. Meth head cocaine bible thumper...you took Davids truck clothes and Kids and remember trying to sleep with Bobby and he told you no...while you were with Dave Vanderlaan. Remember coming to my house asking for cocaine while ur babies sat in a suv at 2 am. Well i do Jenn...so does Bobby and so does Dave. You drove his truck took his shit and cared less if he died. The night before he died he called u and asked if he could see his kids...you told him...Kill yourself...Forgetful arent you...REPENT LIAR...
Lay off the drugs, you seem very trashy
bfunk

Fenton, MI

#12 Jan 13, 2015
bfunk wrote:
Kim helms obviously u need mental help these families lost there children u still have your sick and twisted son get a life.

United States

#13 Jan 20, 2015
bfunk wrote:
<quoted text>
Kim helms obviously u need mental help these families lost there children u still have your sick and twisted son get a life.
You obviously were doing dope too. Whats the matter Daves Mom and Dad wouldnt put you up either. Figures they wouldnt put Dave up. You did Know Rockford State police r sick of the Vanderlaans and Halfords and r ready to pursue charges on all your slander. You knew they all r getting PPOs right Some already got them. Wait till I walk into Daddyos church to serve his Righteous ass.. and you mouth whenever you feel real tough with out running your mouth bout shit you no nothing bout. Well. You ..know..Grow up and get a life like Bobbys doing. Yep all that pushing for the big investigation. It was ruled by a proffessional it was a accidental drowning. Jamie Schaffer was the last with Dave. In the water with him. And he co operated fully. Same ruling. Accidental. Its a shame people die. But those two died beside the only guy that cared a bit anout them..Talk is cheap. But you ofcourse were not there..usual..Good luck in your life. And stay with the people you Love. Cuz when you throw them away like garbage cuz they get high like Dave. You get eaten your self alive from guilt and throw that murder card out there. Oh Bob dont do dope. No more. How about you. Most definately. If you knew Dave and the clan so well.Good Day

United States

#14 Jan 20, 2015
enough already wrote:
<quoted text>
Lay off the drugs, you seem very trashy
You call it what you want. I loved Amber and Dave. And they both loved me. You wouldnt no trash if it slapped you in the face. Thats my som and Im gonna defend him. If you call that trash. You must not care about your kids. Or maybe not enough to protect him from people that try to have him kill himself as you..news alert. He isnt killing himself. Not on my Watch...and not for blameing hippocrits like you..watch what you say. About peoples Kids that died inside when they both died..train your kids to stay away from drugs. And if they r on them hold them tighter. Trash Bag

United States

#15 Jan 20, 2015
<quoted text>
You call it what you want. I loved Amber and Dave. And they both loved me. You wouldnt no trash if it slapped you in the face. Thats my som and Im gonna defend him. If you call that trash. You must not care about your kids. Or maybe not enough to protect him from people that try to have him kill himself as you..news alert. He isnt killing himself. Not on my Watch...and not for blameing hippocrits like you..watch what you say. About peoples Kids that died inside when they both died..train your kids to stay away from drugs. And if they r on them hold them tighter. Trash Bag
And for the Record. You think you really know what yor talking about. You people have crap on this sight about even Tyler Johnson. What r you talking about. You wreck everyones name and even a guy that wasnt there. I dont see any opologies to Tyler. Just goes to show what you people do to folks and people you accuse of Murder. I spoke with Rockford state police last week and the Wisconsin police along with top prosecuters on these cases. There will be no charges. You cant blame people for the very thing. They and half their friends did. Half of Davids Bobby Snide Amber Halford and many friends that dont want their names spoken r still strung out on. Its a epidemic people its terrible sad and a waste of young beautiful life. Do you have any clue that half of Lowell r on Heroin. More than half of Caledonia r strung out sticking needles in their arms. Kevin Clayton died just a few months ago of Heroin overdoes. It is terrible that was Dave and Bobbies friend. Guess what. Bobby wasnt there..Get off my son. These are tragities. No one to Blame. A fricken Tragidy. But you people are not Killing my son with your abuse and Blame is only getting you more pain. Cuz all these young beautiful kids Dead. R still dead. You would think you would devote your time to a rehabilitation for you and your loved ones to let them rest. You r the trash for being bible thumpers and casting torquerous blame on people that would have Gladly traded places with Kevin. Amber and Dave. But you call me trash..shame on you. Another person like Tyler you put in the mix of your cruelty. I am so far from a drug attick its pathetic. And I probably work harder than half of you. Take time to throw Tyler Johnson a apoligy for your slander...you all keep dropping your clothes. Stay focused and start blaming yourselves for giving up on these babies..Ill quit when you quit...That is my Baby. And Im holding him long after your gone..Try it. Its working for me..

United States

#16 Jan 20, 2015
<quoted text>
Why dont you put the girls name in there. While you know so much. Her name is Genelle Labin. Just so happens she shot heroin and was braught back to life...Again Bobby wasnt there. If the truth be known. Ashley Sprick sold the Red Monte Carlo. But guess thats water under the bridge.. thank God Genelle lived.Her boyfriend was the one that did that to her. But guess she found forgiveness cuz he took care of her and ripped Bobby and Ashley off for 730.00 so he could shoot dope at the hospital. Why do you think Ashley sold the car. Recoop their loses. Thank God Genelle is alive but again you got mis informed...kinda like throwing Tyler Johnson under the bus..why dont we just tell what we know and quit acting like the police..yep. Bobby has warrants..oh no...But would you stay gone away from your evil..Oh...i would. You people r pathetic..I dont know if you all Know the Labins. But if my son hurt his Daughter he would havent made it out of state. Cus Tom so happens to love his daughter..yep. she also was a Heroin Attick. R u getting any of this..EPIDEMIC DONT MAKE ME MENTION NAMES CUZ IT MIGHT TOUCH REAL CLOSE TO HOME...AND I WILL MAKE IT KNOWN..RIGHT HERE ON YOUR SIGHT. USEING MY NAME. No FAKE HERE i dont hide..and I tell what I NO.
just laughing

Keego Harbor, MI

#17 Jan 25, 2015
<quoted text>
Why dont you put the girls name in there. While you know so much. Her name is Genelle Labin. Just so happens she shot heroin and was braught back to life...Again Bobby wasnt there. If the truth be known. Ashley Sprick sold the Red Monte Carlo. But guess thats water under the bridge.. thank God Genelle lived.Her boyfriend was the one that did that to her. But guess she found forgiveness cuz he took care of her and ripped Bobby and Ashley off for 730.00 so he could shoot dope at the hospital. Why do you think Ashley sold the car. Recoop their loses. Thank God Genelle is alive but again you got mis informed...kinda like throwing Tyler Johnson under the bus..why dont we just tell what we know and quit acting like the police..yep. Bobby has warrants..oh no...But would you stay gone away from your evil..Oh...i would. You people r pathetic..I dont know if you all Know the Labins. But if my son hurt his Daughter he would havent made it out of state. Cus Tom so happens to love his daughter..yep. she also was a Heroin Attick. R u getting any of this..EPIDEMIC DONT MAKE ME MENTION NAMES CUZ IT MIGHT TOUCH REAL CLOSE TO HOME...AND I WILL MAKE IT KNOWN..RIGHT HERE ON YOUR SIGHT. USEING MY NAME. No FAKE HERE i dont hide..and I tell what I NO.
Bobby mom u are white trash .......... so is your son .... don't know Amber or David's family but I know ur son ... white trash says it all . He must be just like u a piece of garbage.

Tampa, FL

#18 Jan 26, 2015
just laughing wrote:
<quoted text>
Bobby mom u are white trash .......... so is your son .... don't know Amber or David's family but I know ur son ... white trash says it all . He must be just like u a piece of garbage.
People in glass houses shouldnt throw stones. Just laughing right back at you all. And the best revenge is live well. Thats what me and my son do. Drives you crazy huh...you must have lived off him too...shame he does so well and your still stuck doing what you were doing when you knew him. This time he isnt supporting your looseing ass..6593

Tampa, FL

#19 Jan 26, 2015
<quoted text>
People in glass houses shouldnt throw stones. Just laughing right back at you all. And the best revenge is live well. Thats what me and my son do. Drives you crazy huh...you must have lived off him too...shame he does so well and your still stuck doing what you were doing when you knew him. This time he isnt supporting your looseing ass..6593
Since you dont know these 2 beautiful people. Im sure you could find a knew sight to play on. We love it that we bother you. Dont consume yourself with your whitetrash thing. Youll drive yourself crazy. We sleep fine at night. Dont think of you at all...Ever...
big daddy cane

Fenton, MI

#20 Jan 28, 2015
<quoted text>
Since you dont know these 2 beautiful people. Im sure you could find a knew sight to play on. We love it that we bother you. Dont consume yourself with your whitetrash thing. Youll drive yourself crazy. We sleep fine at night. Dont think of you at all...Ever...
In my opinion u and your son are dirt bag losers. Just saying ...look at the obituaries... hope the best for your sleep raising a son like that..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News From clean record to life in prison for player ... Aug 30 Kelly 1
News Deanie Peters disappearance remains a mystery a... (May '08) Aug 9 Concerned bystander 111
I would like to have bass lessons Jul '15 cass65 1
Review: Marina Macfie Jul '15 Marina Macfie 2
Chris Updyke is spreading STD (May '14) May '15 Jim Rowley Ionia Mi 7
News CyberNet widow gets 7 yrs. in prison, must pay ... (Dec '07) May '15 George 26
Crazy driver in a silver Malibu May '15 Stay safe 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lowell Mortgages