Deanie Peters disappearance remains a mystery after 27 years

On the banks of the Flat River just north of Lowell is a plot of land formerly known at the Young Marines Camp. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“You're gonna make it after all”

Since: May 09

United States

#103 Feb 15, 2010
justinfo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, you should join in online this Sunday February 14, 2010 on woodtv.com . Ken Kolker will be in a live chat. I believe it will take place at 6:30 pm. News 8 is running the special on Deanie again on tv at the same time. Maybe some of your questions will be answered.
Is there a way you can go back and read the live chat script? I only caught half the show but watched the rest online.
justinfo

Romulus, MI

#104 Feb 15, 2010
Businessminded_plus4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a way you can go back and read the live chat script? I only caught half the show but watched the rest online.
There was some sort of "glitch" with wood tv last night while the live chat was supposed to take place. I am hoping they try this on another day.

“You're gonna make it after all”

Since: May 09

United States

#105 Feb 15, 2010
justinfo wrote:
<quoted text>
There was some sort of "glitch" with wood tv last night while the live chat was supposed to take place. I am hoping they try this on another day.
Gotcha - thanks...I saw that but since I wasn't online I didn't know if it happened or not. In general, can life chats be read later?
justinfo

Romulus, MI

#106 Feb 15, 2010
Businessminded_plus4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotcha - thanks...I saw that but since I wasn't online I didn't know if it happened or not. In general, can life chats be read later?
I don't believe live chats can be read later. Interesting question though. I will check into that.

Since: Sep 08

Benton Harbor, MI

#107 Feb 16, 2010
Check out this story of the the se side of the state involving missing girls. Supposedly those girls look alike, who do they look like?

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100216/METRO...

“You're gonna make it after all”

Since: May 09

United States

#108 Feb 16, 2010
GR Pete wrote:
Check out this story of the the se side of the state involving missing girls. Supposedly those girls look alike, who do they look like?
http://www.detnews.com/article/20100216/METRO...
Fascinating - thanks for posting that.
Dan Bana

United States

#109 Feb 16, 2010
Businessminded_plus4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fascinating - thanks for posting that.
I was a bit surprised at how close they girls seemed to appear although it is tough to tell w/o a closeup. I bet that hair style was popular. Do we have a list of girls that disappeared in the early 80s in Michigan or in the GR area besides DP. I don't want to take anything from that tragedy but there are others out there that for one reason or another don't get the same level of publicity.

There are two store holdup murders that I don't think were ever solved. The more recent one was at the Mobil station on Burton and Breton. I think it was a Sunday morning in the 90s. I recall it because I went by there around that time on my way to East Hills. I don't think that was ever solved. The other was at a store, like a party store on the north side of Burton just west of the tracks. The store building is there, part of an old strip mall type place, but it is not a party store anymore. For years the frame for the old sign still hung there. That was probably in the 80s. There was also the one at the Burton Quick Stop, I don't recall if that was ever solved, the stores are close but not the same, the Quick Stop is east of the tracks.

Those families deserve some consideration here also, I hope that the cold case team is looking at those. I would rather see GRPD looking at those than running speed traps a few blocks east.

“You're gonna make it after all”

Since: May 09

United States

#110 Feb 16, 2010
Dan Bana wrote:
<quoted text>
I was a bit surprised at how close they girls seemed to appear although it is tough to tell w/o a closeup. I bet that hair style was popular. Do we have a list of girls that disappeared in the early 80s in Michigan or in the GR area besides DP. I don't want to take anything from that tragedy but there are others out there that for one reason or another don't get the same level of publicity.
There are two store holdup murders that I don't think were ever solved. The more recent one was at the Mobil station on Burton and Breton. I think it was a Sunday morning in the 90s. I recall it because I went by there around that time on my way to East Hills. I don't think that was ever solved. The other was at a store, like a party store on the north side of Burton just west of the tracks. The store building is there, part of an old strip mall type place, but it is not a party store anymore. For years the frame for the old sign still hung there. That was probably in the 80s. There was also the one at the Burton Quick Stop, I don't recall if that was ever solved, the stores are close but not the same, the Quick Stop is east of the tracks.
Those families deserve some consideration here also, I hope that the cold case team is looking at those. I would rather see GRPD looking at those than running speed traps a few blocks east.
Well I won't disagree cold cases should get man hours but frankly a patrol cop and a Detective are different job titles and require a little different training.

I agree all angles should be looked at and it would be surprising if these weren't but one never knows. I think the other details on this case are too big to ignore. Fallstrom hearing the blubbering at the campfire, the things the wife said, the daughter admitting Bruce knew her and lots of other circumstantial evidence.

Since: Sep 08

Benton Harbor, MI

#111 Feb 17, 2010
Businessminded_plus4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I won't disagree cold cases should get man hours but frankly a patrol cop and a Detective are different job titles and require a little different training.
I agree all angles should be looked at and it would be surprising if these weren't but one never knows. I think the other details on this case are too big to ignore. Fallstrom hearing the blubbering at the campfire, the things the wife said, the daughter admitting Bruce knew her and lots of other circumstantial evidence.
I have been around a lot of drunks, they say the damndest stuff so you really can't put too much in that. Plus who knows if the story is true. I want to know what happened, blow by blow in those last weeks she stopped writing in that diary. Who was she hanging out with. Where was she going. Was she under some form of grounding when she disappeared. If so why. For some reason her buddies either are not talking or the cops think they are lying, why.
Kirby -bunch- Johnson

Ithaca, MI

#112 Mar 21, 2013
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deanie-Peters-W...
Here is the face book page Please like the page and join the conversation about Deanie Peters, See letter's written by Deanie. See all the news paper stories written in 1981. Watch all of the interviews that wzzm tv 13 (Brent Ashcroft) has done for the past 3 years. Lots of very smart people all with different theories. Please join

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Oosha's Haircutters (Jan '13) Sep 29 Joey Lo 8
Debate: Ferguson - Clarksville, MI Sep '14 F. D. Valdez 2
Debate: Ferguson - Ada, MI Sep '14 Elizabeth 2
Feet chat Aug '14 Saranac Michigan 2
Browns are still Clowns (Mar '13) Aug '14 Saranac freaks 4
Updyke's Suck (Nov '13) Aug '14 Gregg 3
Do they drug test Saranac Teachers? (Aug '11) Aug '14 Chris Updyke 5
Lowell Dating
Find my Match

Lowell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lowell News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lowell

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]