If Santa scores you a big TV, don't advertise it to Grand Rapids-area thieves

Dec 23, 2011 Full story: Grand Rapids Press 8

After ripping open wrapping paper and setting up that new, large flat-screen television, or other expensive electronics, police warn not to give burglars an open invitation to your present by leaving the box next to your trash or recycling.

Full Story
mary

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 Dec 23, 2011
also.... when you stuff all of that paper, ribbon and debris into your garbage can- please do take care in picking it up if it makes it's way onto the side of the road or ditch!!!
Thief

Grand Rapids, MI

#2 Dec 23, 2011
mary wrote:
also.... when you stuff all of that paper, ribbon and debris into your garbage can- please do take care in picking it up if it makes it's way onto the side of the road or ditch!!!
So what's your address my dear and are you expecting a big TV Sunday?
mary

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 Dec 23, 2011
Thief wrote:
<quoted text>So what's your address my dear and are you expecting a big TV Sunday?
No t.v. I'm just expecting my filthy neighbors to over fill their can and allow it to lay all over the neighborhood. For some reason people think that once the trash goes out to the end of the drive it's not their responsibility anymore
Hit Man

Grand Rapids, MI

#4 Dec 23, 2011
mary wrote:
<quoted text>
No t.v. I'm just expecting my filthy neighbors to over fill their can and allow it to lay all over the neighborhood. For some reason people think that once the trash goes out to the end of the drive it's not their responsibility anymore
For the right price I can eliminate that problem for you.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#5 Dec 23, 2011
That won't be Santa, they meet in the dark living room, with a sawed off shotgun......hell, i'll be pickin badguy outta the wall for days......
John

Reynoldsburg, OH

#6 Dec 23, 2011
mary wrote:
<quoted text>
If the wind is blowing in the right direction it isn't. Ask my neighbors about our leaves... I mean "their leaves".
John

Reynoldsburg, OH

#7 Dec 23, 2011
Go Blue wrote:
That won't be Santa, they meet in the dark living room, with a sawed off shotgun......hell, i'll be pickin badguy outta the wall for days......
pffft... posts like yours make me wish there was a "bullshit" Judge it.
OhohObama

Grand Rapids, MI

#9 Dec 23, 2011
I will make sure to proudly display my new anvil box. lol.

This is old news, been going on for years, our trash don't stay very long at all, but it is good advice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Oosha's Haircutters (Jan '13) Sep 29 Joey Lo 8
Debate: Ferguson - Clarksville, MI Sep '14 F. D. Valdez 2
Debate: Ferguson - Ada, MI Sep '14 Elizabeth 2
Feet chat Aug '14 Saranac Michigan 2
Browns are still Clowns (Mar '13) Aug '14 Saranac freaks 4
Updyke's Suck (Nov '13) Aug '14 Gregg 3
Do they drug test Saranac Teachers? (Aug '11) Aug '14 Chris Updyke 5
Lowell Dating
Find my Match

Lowell Jobs