Billerica crim,e 70s 80s 90s
Amused

Newton Center, MA

#140 Nov 19, 2008
Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the house you are talking about is at the gray street bridge, I remember a big house facing the tracks there, and there was always quite a few bikes in the yard. I always thought that gang was the Barons.
You may be right, it was about 30 years ago and memory can fade, but I feel sure about the HA logo on the sign.

Since: Oct 08

Billerica

#141 Nov 22, 2008
Does anyone remember sometimes in the 70's what I think it was a bank robbery and on the front page of the Sun was a picture of Officer Leo Maguire standing by his cruiser with a bullet hole in the windshield which was obvious by lookin at the picture that they shot had been fired from inside the cruiser. I know alot of guys who got a big laugh out of the picture..and luckily no one was hurt and the bad guys were caught somewhere down by the Lewis building on 3A.
jimmy lane

Dracut, MA

#142 Nov 22, 2008
Kevster626 wrote:
Does anyone remember sometimes in the 70's what I think it was a bank robbery and on the front page of the Sun was a picture of Officer Leo Maguire standing by his cruiser with a bullet hole in the windshield which was obvious by lookin at the picture that they shot had been fired from inside the cruiser. I know alot of guys who got a big laugh out of the picture..and luckily no one was hurt and the bad guys were caught somewhere down by the Lewis building on 3A.
what about the ojd lady that was stabbed to death on fox hill rd back in 1979 the kid next door to her did it
jimmy lane

Dracut, MA

#143 Nov 22, 2008
how about the policeman joe d that crashed into david rockwell on stag drive and killed him
jimmy lane

Dracut, MA

#144 Nov 22, 2008
how about jimmy martines he was a baron found dead in house on bridle rd jan 26 1976 the police thought it had some thing to do with the mahoney triple murders on new years eve in tewksbury the gun he shot him self with was a state troopers gun he was giving them info on three bikers from newhampshire who knew of the mahoney murders (the troy boys m/c ) it was not the barons but the guys from troy nh
just wondering

Boston, MA

#145 Nov 22, 2008
are the barons still around?

Billerica

#146 Nov 22, 2008
jimmy lane wrote:
how about the policeman joe d that crashed into david rockwell on stag drive and killed him
Yea wasnt the fox hill road one some young guy...maybe 20....was working on the yard or something and the lady came home saw him peeing or something he freaked out that he was gonna get fired and killed her or was in some other local town around the same time?
In the rockwell case the cop just came over the blind ridge way too fast and hit him and killed him right? I remember that dip in the road you couldnt see 100 feet down the road until you were creasting the ridge.

Billerica

#147 Nov 22, 2008
jimmy lane wrote:
how about jimmy martines he was a baron found dead in house on bridle rd jan 26 1976 the police thought it had some thing to do with the mahoney triple murders on new years eve in tewksbury the gun he shot him self with was a state troopers gun he was giving them info on three bikers from newhampshire who knew of the mahoney murders (the troy boys m/c ) it was not the barons but the guys from troy nh
I lived off Bridle road in those days...being a suicide was it not reported because I dont remember hearing any thing about it?? What part of Bridle was he living? They did catch the guys who killed the Mahoneys...If i remember right robbery was the motive...??
btown

Gardner, MA

#148 Nov 23, 2008
Kevster626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea wasnt the fox hill road one some young guy...maybe 20....was working on the yard or something and the lady came home saw him peeing or something he freaked out that he was gonna get fired and killed her or was in some other local town around the same time?
In the rockwell case the cop just came over the blind ridge way too fast and hit him and killed him right? I remember that dip in the road you couldnt see 100 feet down the road until you were creasting the ridge.
I thought the foxhill one he was high on dust? and went to rob her and didnt realize she was home, then beat her to death...but I could be wrong it was so long ago.
isurvivedcrimehu rst

Haverhill, MA

#149 Dec 13, 2008
Bemenow wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny....I would bet a paycheck that you and I know each other. In some way or another. Pinehurst is home to me....always will be. Whole family is still there. It is different now and my nephews will never know what it was like all those years ago....it was a blast to say the least.
quite possible we do know each other. It's a small world after all! None of my family live there anymore. Once in a great while, I drive down the streets of the old neighborhood. Hasn't faired well all these years later.
Former Billerica Resident

Newport Beach, CA

#150 Dec 13, 2008
jimmy lane wrote:
I believe the cop was Joe Doherty.
jaded61

Hoboken, NJ

#151 Dec 13, 2008
Kevster626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that lady was in Chelsmford..and the kid was working for Chem lawn or one of those places...I believe that was his defense"chemicals" made him do it. I worked in Bedford with his mom.
New Wave

Lowell, MA

#152 Dec 14, 2008
btown wrote:
<quoted text>I thought the foxhill one he was high on dust? and went to rob her and didnt realize she was home, then beat her to death...but I could be wrong it was so long ago.
Correct,John Grahm dusted out on a B&E.
tmac

Peabody, MA

#153 Dec 16, 2008
Kevster626 wrote:
My Dad worked for the highway and the robber was down there shooting at them. I remember going to the bridge by McBrides and there were cruisers everywhere looking for him.
brain

East Hartford, CT

#154 Dec 23, 2008
I was in Billerica during the 1970s.

Anyone know what happened to the Dideons?

I know the boy Richard went into the marines and the girl Tracy robbed stores.

Since: Nov 08

Billerica

#155 Dec 24, 2008
brain wrote:
I didn't know him, But I remember her and her wharf rat boyfriend "Little Joe". I know he used to beat the hell out of her.
brain

East Hartford, CT

#156 Dec 24, 2008
I know she also used to hang around with a guy named Bob Burke.

I heard she and him robbed stores together.
bobby

Reading, MA

#157 Dec 25, 2008
anyone remember the guy robert dilorenzo from burlington used to hang with bikers from billerica went missing in 1972 and his arm was found in woburn that murder is still unsolved?
Daisy May

AOL

#158 Dec 25, 2008
murph wrote:
<quoted text> my mother and her family grew up on wilson in the 70s and 80s and in the 90s i made 3rd generation....it was never as bad as the rest of town made it out to be
mDoes your moms name start with a D
Daisy May

AOL

#159 Dec 25, 2008
brain wrote:
I have heard from reliable sources that Tracy unfortunately has hit the streets of Lowell.She has lost her children to her sister Bonnie and she is living pillar-post.hangs in the streets and for some time was living at the Middlesex shelter.I hope she's doing better.I remember her from high school.She was such a beautiful girl.From what I have heard she looks horrible now.I am praying this year she will turn her life around.
I have heard from reliable sources that Tracy unfortunately has hit the streets of Lowell.She has lost her children to her sister Bonnie and she is living pillar-post.hangs in the streets and for some time was living at the Middlesex shelter.I hope she's doing better.I remember her from high school.She was such a beautiful girl.From what I have heard she looks horrible now.I am praying this year she will turn her life around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) 21 hr jay murphy 18,330
Low Frequency Hum - Industrial Noise? (Mar '10) Aug 15 hilda33 58
Section 8 Fraud (Sep '08) Aug 13 Redhead 348
News Kung found guilty of murder (Apr '10) Aug 4 Lil SteemeR 15
News Arrest made in double murder (Dec '09) Aug 4 Copwatcher 47
Robbery. Millpond road Aug 4 hammerhead 2
Billerica Music Emporium (Oct '12) Aug 3 Musikologist 15

Lowell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance