Comments
17,241 - 17,260 of 17,792 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Janet Simard DiLisio

Spring Hill, FL

#18101 Nov 2, 2012
Stan wrote:
Does anyone remember the Rex, or the Westford St Armory.I saw Rex Trailer and Pablo there. Then the Kieth theater and the Sunday matinee's an Orange Julius an Rasinetts please. Blue Dots on Bridge St. and the A&P on Mammoth road. The Epicure restaurant on Central St. and the Mark V on Middle St. This was the first bar I ordered a drink in at 16 and didn't get carded. Don't forget the Chinese Tea Room on Merrimack St.
I use to play in the Armory till the men would caught us and throw us out They had a room way down the bottom of the stairs were they would bowl we got caught a few times in there playing.Seen a lot of guns and stuff in other rooms.We were 11 or 12.
Sla

Lowell, MA

#18102 Nov 3, 2012
Janet Simard DiLisio wrote:
<quoted text>I use to play in the Armory till the men would caught us and throw us out They had a room way down the bottom of the stairs were they would bowl we got caught a few times in there playing.Seen a lot of guns and stuff in other rooms.We were 11 or 12.
Hello Janet.
How are you. Maybe we can just ignore them if they come back.
Good to see you back.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#18103 Nov 3, 2012
Sla wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Janet.
How are you. Maybe we can just ignore them if they come back.
Good to see you back.
Yeah right, like that's going to happen. FOOL!
Sla

Lowell, MA

#18104 Nov 4, 2012
Were going to have a bad winter,
Nothing compared to WSC,
Sla

Lowell, MA

#18105 Nov 5, 2012
Presendential votes should be by populer votes.
Not on 2 or 4 states,
After all it's suppose to be the majority.
I relly dont like either Obama or Romney.

I only want Brown to beat the IALIAR DRAMA QUEEN.
Florida Retiree

Tampa, FL

#18107 Nov 10, 2012
robinhood wrote:
<quoted text>
do you remember chester's last name?


Last name was Goode and in walked with a stiff leg, he was a deputy of Mr. Dillon's.
Sla

Lowell, MA

#18108 Nov 10, 2012
Florida Retiree wrote:
<quoted text>
Last name was Goode and in walked with a stiff leg, he was a deputy of Mr. Dillon's.
Oh that Chester. LOL.
Sla

Lowell, MA

#18109 Nov 12, 2012
Lowell 61 yesterday, 66 today.
Florida Retiree

Tampa, FL

#18110 Nov 12, 2012
Sla wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh that Chester. LOL.
Do you know why he walked that way??? He was in love with Miss Kitty!
Prince Charles

Anonymous Proxy

#18111 Nov 12, 2012
Florida Retiree wrote:
<quoted text> Do you know why he walked that way??? He was in love with Miss Kitty!
Does anybody really give a crap what the two lovebirds, Florida Retiree and Sla, have to say to each other?
Sla

Lowell, MA

#18113 Nov 14, 2012
Prince Charles wrote:
<quoted text>Does anybody really give a crap what the two lovebirds, Florida Retiree and Sla, have to say to each other?
Prince Charles, Deputy Dawg. Wind bag. Muppet. Iggy. Chimp.
THE f r e a k s h o w.
Dennis 12-String

Dracut, MA

#18114 Nov 15, 2012
Gee, I'm probably real late to this conversation, but Varnum 560 asked about the Flaherty Brothers Band. Sad to say, Mike Flaherty, who played an amazing lead guitar on his Gibson Flying V, died on April 7, 2010 of Crone's (sp) Disease. His brother Steve, one year younger than Mike, who played rhythm guitar, died almost exactly a year later, April 29, 2011. Steve was very sick for a very long time. Complications from viral and spinal meningitis I think but don't quote me.
I still remember these two bookends with their bright curly red hair. That band was so, so tight, no matter the personnel. When Bret Flaherty got old enough to join the group as the drummer, I only saw them about three or four times. My favorite lineup was probably from the late 70s, early 80s. Mike and Steve of course, Mark Kelly on lead vocals, Jim Sousa on bass and Paul Husson on drums.
They opened every night with those beguiling notes that launched into Van Halen's "Running With The Devil."
They were a good, no great, band that had all the tools they needed to go all the way.
Mike and Steve were really nice people, so was the rest of the family.
Nice reminiscing.
native

Concord, NH

#18115 Nov 16, 2012
anyone rember Howdy Beef Burgers
Florida Retiree

Tampa, FL

#18116 Nov 18, 2012
Sla wrote:
<quoted text>
Prince Charles, Deputy Dawg. Wind bag. Muppet. Iggy. Chimp.
THE f r e a k s h o w.
I wonder where those misfits are hanging out these days or better yet what rock they are squirming under. It goes to show when itís a public arena all the loonies come out to try and get into the act.
Have you noticed that not one of those misfits ever had anything positive to add about Lowell, their only purpose was to attempt to annoy the good people who wanted to remember and share their past lives in Lowell.
I am sure one or maybe more of the misfits will respond to my post, just ignore them as I do.
Janet Simard Dilisio

Spring Hill, FL

#18117 Nov 18, 2012
Florida Retiree wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder where those misfits are hanging out these days or better yet what rock they are squirming under. It goes to show when itís a public arena all the loonies come out to try and get into the act.
Have you noticed that not one of those misfits ever had anything positive to add about Lowell, their only purpose was to attempt to annoy the good people who wanted to remember and share their past lives in Lowell.
I am sure one or maybe more of the misfits will respond to my post, just ignore them as I do.
Hi F R I thought about yu the other day with my husband and I wet to get fried clams,they were very good.Do you and youe wife go to John's Pass much? Love that place.Well have a great Thanksgiving
Janet Simard Dilisio

Spring Hill, FL

#18118 Nov 18, 2012
Boy I messed up a lot of words on that post thats cause I was doing it fast sorry
Florida Retiree

Tampa, FL

#18119 Nov 18, 2012
Janet Simard Dilisio wrote:
<quoted text>Hi F R I thought about yu the other day with my husband and I wet to get fried clams,they were very good.Do you and youe wife go to John's Pass much? Love that place.Well have a great Thanksgiving
Hi Janet, yes we go to John's Pass often and will be going there to get T-shirts to bring home to the kids. Did you know across the street from Johns Pass you, can park and sit on the beach, it's right under the bridge, nice breeze and enjoyable to watch all the boats coming and going, see some nice ships go through there. Good parking lot there too.

Will be going to Markey's in Seabrook for some clams and a seafood platter and Lobstah!:-)

Take care.
FR

Florida Retiree

Tampa, FL

#18120 Nov 21, 2012
Happy Thanksgiving to all, even to those who may no agree we us on the issueswe discuss, have a good Turkey day!
alice

Lowell, MA

#18121 Nov 21, 2012
Florida Retiree wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving to all, even to those who may no agree we us on the issueswe discuss, have a good Turkey day!
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Janet Simard Dilisio

Spring Hill, FL

#18122 Nov 21, 2012
Hope all have a great thanksgiving

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Billerica crim,e 70s 80s 90s (Jul '08) Wed GiovanniTheGreat 335
Massachusetts' ballot is stacked for voters Aug 24 Jtn 1
Fireworks? Aug 23 alicew234 1
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Aug 23 Ur worst nightmare 672
Tyngsboro Music Selection (Aug '12) Aug 21 Musikologist 17
Gangs of Lowell in the 90s. (Jul '08) Aug 21 Washed up 130
Market Basket ready to hire Aug 21 Pajama People 21
•••

Lowell News Video

•••
•••

Lowell Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lowell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lowell News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lowell
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••