Florida Retiree

Tampa, FL

#6482 Jan 14, 2011
sla for real wrote:
<quoted text>
Just called the 80 year old owener of A&L cab,
James . C, Curran, It was, And he knowes what he is talking about 54 years in the cab comp, I hope I made your day.
Yes, he does, tell him I said Thank You, he even remembered Marty's the bar restaurant down next to Alex's, I had my first hot roast beef sandwich there with mashed pot's & peas, loved the gravy the most!
TOMMYBOY

Converse, TX

#6483 Jan 14, 2011
sla for real wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to you tube.com . Press brodcast youself. Type louis Armstrong, His songs will come up.
pick that one.
I know that,SFR,but its easier for Mr.Albequeqe,he must be able to dance on that keyboard.And the poetry,i swear he eats that Mexican Peyote Buttons every day.You ever try them?I hear they give them to people,with spelling problems.HAHA.Don't blame me,it's early,and i'm eating oatmeal at the same time.!!
TOMMYBOY

Converse, TX

#6484 Jan 14, 2011
TOMMYBOY wrote:
<quoted text>I know that,SFR,but its easier for Mr.Albequeqe,he must be able to dance on that keyboard.And the poetry,i swear he eats that Mexican Peyote Buttons every day.You ever try them?I hear they give them to people,with spelling problems.HAHA.Don't blame me,it's early,and i'm eating oatmeal at the same time.!!
SFR,wasn't that one funny?You know i'm kiddin ya,i hope.I guess i'll have to switch over to my Molden address,when i joke.
sla for real

Billerica, MA

#6485 Jan 14, 2011
TOMMYBOY wrote:
<quoted text>I know that,SFR,but its easier for Mr.Albequeqe,he must be able to dance on that keyboard.And the poetry,i swear he eats that Mexican Peyote Buttons every day.You ever try them?I hear they give them to people,with spelling problems.HAHA.Don't blame me,it's early,and i'm eating oatmeal at the same time.!!
Yes Bob is the Liberachee of the key boards,

that was not funny about people who have a hard time spelling,
However I dont eat oatmeal, As its still baby food,
Real men have Ham & eggs, Juice , milk , toast and home fries,
That is the second time you make a comment about my spelling,
Everyone on here knowes about my spelling on here for over a year.

Yet your'e the only one who has dig's about it,
I think you should go from oatmeal too Gerber's baby oatmeal,
Have. A, Nice, Day.
Granny

Dracut, MA

#6486 Jan 14, 2011
Most Irish fellows had nicknames and I believe Jim Currans friends called him Bing. I bought many mens ties, sportcoats etc from Currans from a salesman, John Martin, and another salesman was a Mr. Fitzpatrick.
Just Saying

Tewksbury, MA

#6487 Jan 14, 2011
sla for real wrote:
Does anyone remeber Andy;s pool hall on the corner of Moody. st, and Race. St,
right accross from Frankie rochetts Diner?
There also was a pool hall on Charles St.
Florida Retiree

Tampa, FL

#6488 Jan 14, 2011
Granny wrote:
Most Irish fellows had nicknames and I believe Jim Currans friends called him Bing. I bought many mens ties, sportcoats etc from Currans from a salesman, John Martin, and another salesman was a Mr. Fitzpatrick.
I liked the clothes that he sold but a little to expensive for me back then. I was a McQuades guy mostly but bought suits and sport coats at Martin's. I remember Talbot's always had nice men's shirts laid out on the table which was located in the middle of the store.
sla for real

Billerica, MA

#6489 Jan 14, 2011
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>There also was a pool hall on Charles St.
HMMMM I did not know that, Looks like at one time there were alot of pool hall's.
Thank. You. By the way would you care to say your'e wifes first name, I'm sure clare would be glad to remeber her,
However if you wish not too, That is ok, I understand why you wish not to,

Have. A, Nice, day,
Granny

Dracut, MA

#6490 Jan 14, 2011
I believe it was Tom Fitzpatrick, the salesman at Currans.
sla for real

Billerica, MA

#6491 Jan 14, 2011
Granny wrote:
Yes that is true. That is most likely why you thought it was Bing,

Have. A. nice, Day,
Lowell Kid

Biddeford, ME

#6492 Jan 14, 2011
While thinking about the Central St area does anyone remember Jackson St. where Lincoln/Eagle cab dispatched from? It was right near the old Major's. I was too young for Majors but that's where old Lowell political rallies were. How about Harvard Brewery? Ferris (sp?) Memorial Hospital? New York, New Haven and Hartford Railroad line? Steam engines chugging into the old depot on the B&M? St. Mary of the Pines? Camp Alexander? Sacred Heart Band? St. Jean D'Arc Drum & Bugle Corps? The old police station on Market St? Lowell Electric Light plant on Perry St.(with coal piles)? Sorry to get off Central St but the memory flow was on.
sla for real

Billerica, MA

#6493 Jan 14, 2011
Lowell Kid wrote:
While thinking about the Central St area does anyone remember Jackson St. where Lincoln/Eagle cab dispatched from? It was right near the old Major's. I was too young for Majors but that's where old Lowell political rallies were. How about Harvard Brewery? Ferris (sp?) Memorial Hospital? New York, New Haven and Hartford Railroad line? Steam engines chugging into the old depot on the B&M? St. Mary of the Pines? Camp Alexander? Sacred Heart Band? St. Jean D'Arc Drum & Bugle Corps? The old police station on Market St? Lowell Electric Light plant on Perry St.(with coal piles)? Sorry to get off Central St but the memory flow was on.
Yes I remeber the Eagle cab on Jackson. The original eagle cab was on Moody st. Owned by Al Marcott, Whose son became a very well respected atty. Al Marcott JR. I would go to the old stone bldg to watch the trains come in. And I would shine shoes . At all the bars on Midellsex st. I played the bugel at Jean D'arc. The old police station across from the Electic light company, Where you paid the light bills.
Do you remeber the Blue Angel cab,?
50s cruisin

New Durham, NH

#6494 Jan 14, 2011
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>State pool room was on Mrrimack St. Fudgie was the man and Minnosota Fats did shoot there one day .it was like Elvis showed up !!
You are absolutely, positively mistaken. I don't know what pool room you are referring to, but in the mid to late 50s, New State Billiards was right where I said it was, in the old Evening Telegram office, 2nd floor @ 27 Central St.'Fudgie' Mullins(?) ran the joint. It was midway between Scott Jewelers and The Bell Shops. Western Union was almost directly across the street from it. Now, if the pool room moved, after the 1950s, or was where you say, prior to my time-line, you could be correct. But it had to be in a different era from when I played pool there. Just saying.
sla for real

Billerica, MA

#6495 Jan 14, 2011
Here is a question for you guy;s.
Bob. you are elimanated,

Who was the news caster who did timex watch commercials Full name please.
sla for real

Billerica, MA

#6496 Jan 14, 2011
50s cruisin wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely, positively mistaken. I don't know what pool room you are referring to, but in the mid to late 50s, New State Billiards was right where I said it was, in the old Evening Telegram office, 2nd floor @ 27 Central St.'Fudgie' Mullins(?) ran the joint. It was midway between Scott Jewelers and The Bell Shops. Western Union was almost directly across the street from it. Now, if the pool room moved, after the 1950s, or was where you say, prior to my time-line, you could be correct. But it had to be in a different era from when I played pool there. Just saying.
How are you? How is that crown vic, How much snow did you get,
Hope everything is good with you. Always enjoy your postings,
Take.Care, Have. A. Good, Week,
A Vulgar Display of Power

Malden, MA

#6497 Jan 14, 2011
sla for real wrote:
Bob. you are elimanated,
Rex Ryan.
TOMMYBOY

Converse, TX

#6498 Jan 14, 2011
sla for real wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Bob is the Liberachee of the key boards,
that was not funny about people who have a hard time spelling,
However I dont eat oatmeal, As its still baby food,
Real men have Ham & eggs, Juice , milk , toast and home fries,
That is the second time you make a comment about my spelling,
Everyone on here knowes about my spelling on here for over a year.
Yet your'e the only one who has dig's about it,
I think you should go from oatmeal too Gerber's baby oatmeal,
Have. A, Nice, Day.
I'M SORRY,YOU'RE 100% better than last year.thats all i was implying.sorry,again,tom
Florida Retiree

Tampa, FL

#6499 Jan 14, 2011
sla for real wrote:
Bob. you are elimanated,
Walter W. Winchell!
sla for real

Billerica, MA

#6500 Jan 14, 2011
Florida Retiree wrote:
<quoted text>Walter W. Winchell!
John Cameron Swayze.
sla for real

Billerica, MA

#6501 Jan 14, 2011
A Vulgar Display of Power wrote:
<quoted text>
Rex Ryan.
Wrong again Idiot, Rex Ryan will be doing commercials for a new chain of restaurants, Called the . Eating Crow restaurants.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
High-profile lawyer to defend local mom in sex ... (Apr '08) Fri laxman 16
Jessica Krutuleski (Oct '12) Fri concerned 28
Tricking men for a meal ticket (Jan '10) Dec 18 guest 9
mazmatrix (Jun '08) Dec 18 Maza 748
Maza Dec 18 Maza 4
Jobseeker Dec 15 Reda 2
my wife refuses to get a job! (Aug '09) Dec 15 fdb 184

Lowell News Video

Lowell Dating
Find my Match