'My brother didn't deserve to die'

'My brother didn't deserve to die'

There are 265 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Jan 26, 2008, titled 'My brother didn't deserve to die'. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Murder victim Jose "Anthony" Villanueva with his daughter Vianca Anale Villanueva.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Ace

Quincy, MA

#1 Jan 26, 2008
Have you ever notice with all the firearms requirments in this state there have been alot of shootings.

“Thank a Veteran”

Since: Jan 08

You owe them your FREEDOM

#2 Jan 26, 2008
Ace wrote:
Have you ever notice with all the firearms requirments in this state there have been alot of shootings.
Thats because the laws only work on the law abiding citizens, criminals will always be able to get guns because they don't obey the laws.You can thank the Democrats for that, if they (Hillary) gets elected you can expect alot of new gun control laws that will prevent the law abiding citizens from owning guns while the criminals will still have them.
Anonymous

Lowell, MA

#3 Jan 26, 2008
The victim had a short fuse and maybe threw a punch... That along with a guy with a gun don't mix. I guess you can say it came down to two tough guys crossing paths and the one with the gun won. While the victim didn't deserve to lose his life but his actions unfortunately costed him his life. He had a few beers so that didn't help the situation.

Welcome to Lowell, where guns are like tatoos, most people have them.

That 7-11 has cameras everywhere, the truth will come out during the trial.

“Thank a Veteran”

Since: Jan 08

You owe them your FREEDOM

#4 Jan 26, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
I guess you can say it came down to two tough guys crossing paths and the one with the gun won.
I would not call the guy with the gun a tough guy if he was a Tough Guy he would not need a gun to fight a unarmed man I call him a wussy.

JLL

“Live Simply ”

Since: Dec 07

Dracut, MA

#5 Jan 26, 2008
April Massetti, Steven's girlfriend, says she wants to dispel the notion that Villanueva was in a gang.
"He wasn't. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time," she says.

This guy wasn't in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was a contributing factor to his death.
jimmidy cricket

Boston, MA

#8 Jan 26, 2008
I find it hard to sympathize for someone who tried to punch out a stranger cause of a dumb comment. I mean what the heck is this world coming to..
jimmidy cricket

Boston, MA

#9 Jan 26, 2008
dennis- carpentier sr wrote:
<quoted text>well Jill, if you slap or punch me in the face, and i shoot you dead you are a contributing factor to your death? no not really; no weapon?
Okay, So pretty much if no punch was thrown, the guy would still be alive today cause the other guy wouldn't have shot him. Thus the punch was the contributing factor in his death. We all live and die with decisions we make, this is a solid example. A sad one, but still if the vic had knocked the man out, then what happens?? the vic goes on trial for assault.
eddie

AOL

#10 Jan 26, 2008
my regrets
massachusetts

Lexington, MA

#11 Jan 26, 2008
No one deserves to be shot over a punch ever! This poor man was shot to death, yes he was in the wrong for punching him, but do we even know for sure if he threw the first punch or was it hear say? Once the police feel it is time to release what was on the camera's at the scene then we will know for sure! Until then either way there shouldnt of been a gun involved! My regrets to this mans family, and young daughters!

JLL

“Live Simply ”

Dracut, MA

#12 Jan 27, 2008
jimmidy cricket wrote:
I find it hard to sympathize for someone who tried to punch out a stranger cause of a dumb comment. I mean what the heck is this world coming to..
I also have a hard time to sympathize with the victim. Jose, had a choice to walk away and he didn't.
geezer

Newburyport, MA

#13 Jan 27, 2008
Looks like both were just a pair of losers. What part of civilization don't they get. This street punk mentality has got to stop. Look at someone crosseyed and get whaced for "dissin" ?? What have these kids learned and who taught it to them?? You want respect?? Respect is something earned and not at the threat of violence. There is no respect for anyone or anything left in today's society.
One down

Claremont, NH

#14 Jan 27, 2008
I love how whenever someone dies we here how great a person they were. When you start a fight in the middle of the night with a total stranger you have to expect the worst. I'm not saying that it is ok to use deadly force with a gun but the dead guy did start the fight.
Moral o the story: If you have a short fuse you will eventually get burned.
stupid

Billerica, MA

#15 Jan 27, 2008
One down wrote:
I love how whenever someone dies we here how great a person they were. When you start a fight in the middle of the night with a total stranger you have to expect the worst. I'm not saying that it is ok to use deadly force with a gun but the dead guy did start the fight.
Moral o the story: If you have a short fuse you will eventually get burned.
how the f*ck do you know he started the fight? were you there?

JLL

“Live Simply ”

Dracut, MA

#16 Jan 27, 2008
stupid wrote:
<quoted text>how the f*ck do you know he started the fight? were you there?
Go back and read the article.
teddy

Haverhill, MA

#17 Jan 27, 2008
yup thats what happens when you put all these gooks chinks in lowell and cram it up why dont you send a lot of them to tewksbury and places were you live at like the lawyers the people that work in the court all the people who sht on lowell with these dirty gooks most aint even custom to america and you cram them people in with us send them to your naborhood..make a gook town ..fkn sick of them dirty ass people beatiin us out of our jobs and that has nothin to do with race
teddy

Haverhill, MA

#18 Jan 27, 2008
geezer wrote:
Looks like both were just a pair of losers. What part of civilization don't they get. This street punk mentality has got to stop. Look at someone crosseyed and get whaced for "dissin" ?? What have these kids learned and who taught it to them?? You want respect?? Respect is something earned and not at the threat of violence. There is no respect for anyone or anything left in today's society.
hey puss nuthin is wrong with dookin it out unless ur a wimp u walk away its about the guns thats all ..you sound retarded ..sum1 will say the same sht to you 1day
Concerned Citizen

North Reading, MA

#19 Jan 27, 2008
There is no need to walk around with a loaded gun, unless you plan on using it! Where do all these guns come from anyways!!?? The City of Lowell needs to put together a program to get these guns off the street and out of the hands of our youth!
lowell

Portsmouth, NH

#22 Jan 27, 2008
dennis- carpentier sr wrote:
<quoted text>I have to Agree here but what if he just shot him = he could also have fired a warning shot . my opinion is yes it happens and anger plays a role , in most cases = shot tempered people;i for one used to be that way for year, but have learned to manage my anger and short fuse i have learned to ignore and walk away from situations ,
god bless all
A warning shot? What are you some kind of a nut? The things you come out with. Oh my good gracious. You really scare me. I'm hoping you don't possess a firearm. Imagine you firing warning shots. Heaven help us all. Good grief.
stupid

Billerica, MA

#24 Jan 27, 2008
JLL wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back and read the article.
I did read the article. So therefor you must believe everything you read! Oh no I'm sorry you were there so you know what happened right!
beenthere donethat

Whitinsville, MA

#25 Jan 27, 2008
teddy wrote:
<quoted text>hey puss nuthin is wrong with dookin it out unless ur a wimp u walk away its about the guns thats all ..you sound retarded ..sum1 will say the same sht to you 1day
tough talkin little teddy bear.. you #$^%. there are people on this planet who have the common sense to NOT act like a complete idiot and put themsrlves in situations where they have to duke it out. Where do you think its ok to wail on someone for looking at you funny??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jessica Krutuleski (Oct '12) 14 hr Concerned 49
my wife refuses to get a job! (Aug '09) 21 hr Drive 205
NEW Lowell High at CAWLEY Wed Wondering 4
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Wed Karen 818
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) Dec 12 Wondering 18,396
Former Shaw Hospital Birth Records Dec 12 Bob KA-58 8
News Filming of 'The Fighter' begins in Lowell (Jul '09) Dec 5 Bob KA-58 7

Lowell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance