Record reveals Lowell school worker's...

Record reveals Lowell school worker's anguish after girlfriend'...

There are 39 comments on the Lowell Sun story from May 28, 2008, titled Record reveals Lowell school worker's anguish after girlfriend'.... In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Benjamin Duling lay on his neighbor's lawn, hyperventilating, his badly cut hand wrapped in a towel.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Very sad world

Lowell, MA

#1 May 28, 2008
I cannot help but to feel very sad about this situation. It seems to me this situation just got out of control. He looks terribly grief strickened. I really feel bad for him, his girlfriend and their poor kids. I will pray for all of you.
Oh yah

Hudson, MA

#2 May 28, 2008
Stabbed in the BACK sounds like First degree murder to me. New Hampshire still hang people up there don't they?
He deserves it.
the mole

Haverhill, MA

#3 May 28, 2008
i'd flip the switch myself.
Tragic

Cambridge, MA

#4 May 28, 2008
"Flip the switch"??? Are you kidding me? Do you think that's how his two children (Shelly's children) feel? This is far from First degree murder... just a tragic situation for all involved.
KAH

AOL

#5 May 28, 2008
it really sounds like the gf may have been unbalanced for a spell--why would he take the kids somewhere for safety and be all like he was on the front lawn?
YOU KNOW WHO I AM

Manchester, NH

#6 May 28, 2008
I AM TOTALY DISCUSTED WITH THE ACTIONS OF BEN DULING. PEOPLE ON OTHER
FORUMS SAY WHAT A KIND LOVING PERSON WELL THAT IS JUST BULLSHIT!!!
HE TREATED SHELLYS OTHER TWO CHILDREN LIKE SHIT!! IF YOU EVER TALKED
TO BEN HE WOULD NEVER LOOK YOU IN THE FACE HE WOULD LOOK AWAY.
WHAT WAS HE HIDING?? WE WILL NEVER KNOW !! I AM GLAD THAT HE IS GOING
TO DIE IN JAIL.
YOU KNOW WHO I AM

Manchester, NH

#7 May 28, 2008
SHELLY I DID NOT FLIP SHE WAS LIVING
WITH SOMEONE WHO HASNT COME TO FACT
THAT HE WAS GAY.. JUST ASK AROUND TO
A FEW PEOPLE THAT KNOW THE FAMILY AND FRIENDS ??? MAYBE (BOYD)
SHELLY ONLY LOOKED OUT FOR HER CHILDREN AT ALL TIMES!!
YOU KNOW WHO I AM

Manchester, NH

#8 May 28, 2008
BEN IF YOU REASD THIS I HOPE YOU
REALY GET WHAT YOU DESERVE AND
THAT IS TO DIE A LONG AND SLOW DEATH!!
NUNYA

Lawrence, MA

#9 May 28, 2008
Of course the papers don't report what "really" happened; only those who know the family really know what happened and let me just say THAT MAN IS A LUNATIC! He DOES deserve to either rot in jail or receive the death penalty. What he put those poor kids through (his own flesh and blood, mind you) is sickening. Once again, these things have not been reported out.......only those close to the family know what truly went on.
NUNYA

Lawrence, MA

#10 May 28, 2008
LOL - good for you "You know who I am". I know exactly what you mean (the trip to London......). Not only is he gay, but he's a pedofile. Nothing wrong with being gay - just get out of your relationship and stay away from kids!!
YOU KNOW WHO I AM

Manchester, NH

#11 May 28, 2008
HIS MOTHER SHOULD HAVE SWALLOWED HIM
AN SAVED US ALOT OF PROBLEMS
Tragic

Cambridge, MA

#12 May 28, 2008
What is wrong with you? Why would you first mention that you think he is gay and then mention someone else by name here? Believe it or not, you are not the judge, jury and executioner!
Maybe you should rot for being so careless with other's lives in such a public forum!
Tragic

Cambridge, MA

#13 May 28, 2008
So, it's OK to be gay as long as you stay away from kids? You're an idiot.
YOU KNOW WHO I AM

Manchester, NH

#14 May 28, 2008
ALL THE DIRTY LAUNDRY WILL COME OUT
IN THE COURT.. LETS REMEMBER HERE
THAT BEN IS NOT THE VICTIM HE IS
THE ONE WHO KILLED THE CHILDRENS
MOTHER.BY THE WAY NOTHING IS WRONG
WITH ME BUT THANKS FOR SHOWING YOUR
CONCERN
Tragic

Cambridge, MA

#15 May 28, 2008
Let's also remember who brought a weapon into this situation in the first place.

And, yes, something is definitely wrong with you.
mean people suck

AOL

#16 May 28, 2008
I hope nothing tragic happens to you two, cause who will be there to talk all the crap about it. Hopefully her children don't come here wondering, as children do, and find all this junk.

It's a sad situation, one that no one should ever have to be involved in. No child should ever have to lose their mom especially by the hands of their dad, or mom's boyfriend. What a horrific way for a family to break up.

How terrible for us to come and guess what may have happened, and to judge those involved.

Very sad story

Southborough, MA

#17 May 28, 2008
I agree with you, "mean people suck".

"Nunya" and "You know who I am" - You should really think carefully about what you write here. You are condemning someone without all the facts, and you are bringing people that had nothing to do with the situation into it (with names even). That's very irresponsible.

This is a horrible situation--not one that any of these children should have to deal with. They certainly shouldn't have to read completely unsubstantiated rumors about their father here.

You laugh about the London trip... how insensitive of you. It was a family trip. Why would you hint at it being anything else? Apparently you two know the "REAL" story that you refer to. Were you there that night? That certainly wasn't in the police report...
All about the children

Lowell, MA

#18 May 28, 2008
All that matters here is the fact that those children are now without a mother....and the younger two without a mother AND father. It doesn't matter who started a fight that lead to death....or whether the accuser is gay or not. What matters is that those children's lives will never, EVER be the same ever again - no matter how much love and support they get from family or how much therapy they sit through. It's so sad that stuff like this happens in life.
Amazed

Lowell, MA

#19 May 28, 2008
Funny thing is that I know who "you know etc..." is, and he is disturbed and was fired from LHS.
wow

Hudson, NH

#20 May 28, 2008
I guess karma is a weird thing and i believe in what comes around goes around, but i never thought in a million years that "ben" would do this. Remember...its the kids who loose at the end, even if they flip the switch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
very nervous about 40B affordable housing Nov 15 fieldhockey 1
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) Nov 14 Wondering 18,381
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Nov 12 spook 817
Is anybody out there? Nov 9 Dennis Pena 1
News Man, 60, charged with gas station robbery Nov 9 hammerhead 3
News Three charged in Dracut pizza-shop robbery (May '08) Nov 8 Justice 55
Psychic Judy from Billerica Nov 7 pugsley7 1

Lowell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance