No arrests in fatal shooting; victim ...

No arrests in fatal shooting; victim ID'd

There are 50 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Aug 16, 2008, titled No arrests in fatal shooting; victim ID'd. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

As state and Lowell police continue to probe the fatal shooting of a man who was killed in a Morse Street home Thursday night, officials have identified the victim as 23-year-old Phillip George Hayden.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Don Calamari

Prides Crossing, MA

#24 Aug 18, 2008
Know what?? I wish I had a nickel for every a-hole that gets murdered when he "just gets his life together". I never said anything about Phillip. I remember him growing up in Shaughnessy Terrace. He had a tough upbringing, and 20 yrs later he's still hanging around the projects. My point was this: you live hard, you die hard. If that's not a good enough reason to leave the projects, Nunya I'll eat your shorts.
sacrafyc

United States

#25 Aug 18, 2008
yolanda you in here trying to speak on how the victim turned his life around but you end your comment about how tough your brother is and he punked some people? Do you not learn?? Should your family be the next to die before you learn that acting hard isn't the way to go, I know the inside scoop and dude got what was coming to him. Its a constant cycle that brings in life and spits out death, get it together
Don Calamari

United States

#26 Aug 18, 2008
sacrafyc wrote:
yolanda you in here trying to speak on how the victim turned his life around but you end your comment about how tough your brother is and he punked some people? Do you not learn?? Should your family be the next to die before you learn that acting hard isn't the way to go, I know the inside scoop and dude got what was coming to him. Its a constant cycle that brings in life and spits out death, get it together
so nice to hear a reasonable voice. thank you
LIfe

Dallas, TX

#27 Aug 18, 2008
Yolanda, all I have to say is when being tough gone wrong. I think you should tell your brother that too. Cause trust me now and day ppls don't play with fist like to good old days, Now ppls could end your life with one shot is not even funny.
Oh Yeah

Ayer, MA

#28 Aug 18, 2008
NUNYA wrote:
<quoted text>
something to say to the losers that talk ****!!!...Especially the STUPID IGNORANT dirt bag talking trash about being born in the projects, living in the projects and getting a job to get out of the projects...well it is obvious that you either did'nt know him or you are just illiterate because if you would of taken the time to read the complete article you would of seen that he had just opoened his own business, and was expecting a new baby!!! at the young age of 24!!! in my opnion i think that is better than half of the people in lowell....and the one talking about "crake heads" it is spelled CRACK heads....
Him and the other first clowns who posted. Racist prick!!!!
Private

Peoria, AZ

#29 Aug 18, 2008
Not to bame the LPD....But they need more cops in more places and more undercover cops sneaking around disrupting things....motion creates emotion......Lowell Police let's setup task forces and maybe prevent a death or two........Alot of people look at Lowell Cops as Chumps!!
no name

Tewksbury, MA

#30 Aug 18, 2008
accually phillip didnt even kno omar was at the house at the time how dare people be so rude about a 24 year olds death no matter what type of person he was no reason for people to call hima crack head and sh*t you didnt kno him. thats not ANY REASON for someone to take a life
LeAndre Haskell

Owasso, OK

#31 Aug 18, 2008
C-J S wrote:
I think Nunya is a little mad!
nunya is the crack heads twin brutha lol
pissed

Jaffrey, NH

#33 Aug 18, 2008
Don Calamari wrote:
born in the projects, lived in the projects, died in the projects. if that's not a good enough excuse for getting a job and getting our of the projects I don't know what is.
- ohkay, and not once in this story did it say he did not have a job. am i correct? so i dont know why you would say this, one more thing it wasnt his house it was his aunts house. so maybe you should learn to read correctly before you make yourself look like a bigger asshole
pissed

Jaffrey, NH

#34 Aug 18, 2008
yeah, we've all figured out he lived a messed up past. and in the end him trying to turn things around is the best anyone could do in there life. unlike some people who live in lowell and wanna live the so called "thug" life, he tried to change and unfortuantly this is what happend. when he went to his aunts house " were he did not live " not nowing this peson was going to be there this it how it ended. and with all you ignorant people on here talking shit about him is shamful. just imagine it being someone in your family. even if they had a bad past it doesnt matter. just picture how mad you would be to have to read this.

rest in peace phillip we all
love and miss you so much.=[
Lowell

Boston, MA

#35 Aug 19, 2008
RIP Phillip. Whatever to the people who didn't like him. Everyone has people who are not huge fans of them. Phillip was a good friend to his friends. I have been one of them since I was a kid LIVING IN THE PROJECTS. We both got out of them and still remained freinds. People saying bad things shouldn't say anything at all. Friends and family read this and thats just ignorant. Either way he was always a sweetheart to me.
Auntie Cocoa

Lowell, MA

#36 Aug 19, 2008
I have known phillip since he was a baby, I watched him grow up since way before Shaugnessy. I know what kinda of a childhood he had. All I can say is that this whole family is overwhelmed with grief, not only his mother but the whole family. His Aunt and Uncle where his other home. Problems yup everyone got them, but to have it end like this in truly heartbreaking for everyone on both sides. Phillip start it? maybe but in the end it should not have been his life as the price. Over what something that they would have probably forgot about in a year?? who knows..I'm not gonna get into the project thing because thats a never ending battle against people in all different situations. My heart goes out to Falon if your reading this, Get strength from within yourself and enjoy this baby everyday cause a piece of him will always be with you. To his MOM I know he was your only child and I am very sorry for your loss..I have no hate, just saddness for all involved..I love you Robin & Richard are always my family, without you guys I would not have had a chance!! Phillip R.I.P . Judgment is not made by us it comes from above, may you be at peace.
mary

Dracut, MA

#38 Aug 19, 2008
I think that what happin was no accident and then to get shoot on the chest Phillip was a good kid he had his ups and downs every one has there ups and downs but i know him from when i was 7years old and he was a good kid.
now he is gone and leaving a girl he loved with a child only because of some one who did not think about what he was doing befor shooting him.... may his soul R.I.P we will miss him and no matter what anyone says he was a good kid...
Cuby Lowell

Dracut, MA

#39 Aug 19, 2008
I grew up watching phillip and my brother pozzey being kids in shaughnessy. Why do some people say cause your from the projects that no ones life cant be change. I from the projects of shaughnessy and I change my life went to college on a basketball scholarship. So dont say that the projects bring you down. I saw phillip grow up in front of my eyes with only a mother taken care of his only son so its hard to raise a boy into a man when their no father around. Phillip grew up to be a man quick and he had to so he can help his mom around the house. I love him like he was a brother to me. I think personally that death should not be wish upon anyone cause we all have a reason to live life and that to watch your kids grow witch he was trying to do and have you kids watch you grow old and bury you when its your time. R.I.P Phillip and may god be by your side at all times.
Cuby and pozzey sister

Dracut, MA

#40 Aug 19, 2008
Cuby Lowell wrote:
I grew up watching phillip and my brother pozzey being kids in shaughnessy. Why do some people say cause your from the projects that no ones life cant be change. I from the projects of shaughnessy and I change my life went to college on a basketball scholarship. So dont say that the projects bring you down. I saw phillip grow up in front of my eyes with only a mother taken care of his only son so its hard to raise a boy into a man when their no father around. Phillip grew up to be a man quick and he had to so he can help his mom around the house. I love him like he was a brother to me. I think personally that death should not be wish upon anyone cause we all have a reason to live life and that to watch your kids grow witch he was trying to do and have you kids watch you grow old and bury you when its your time. R.I.P Phillip and may god be by your side at all times.
I feel you on that and if no one can see that then that is them Phillip is a brother is us and no one can take pozzey and him away they was always together from 5years old to 23years old that is pozzey brother no matter what happin he will always be family to us and if ppl think by killing some one is going to make them feel better then there crazy....
<h3>MAY HIS SOUL R.I.P LOVE ALWAYS HIS SIS CELLY I WILL REMEBER THE FUNNY PERSON HE WAS....
Cuby and pozzey sister

Dracut, MA

#41 Aug 19, 2008
greek kid wrote:
Well, it looks like the poor victim went to the house to fight. He lost the fight. I reckon he was a good Lowell boy at one time. Too bad he could not just have stayed away from where he wasn't wanted.
<h4> YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT SO YOU NEED TO STOP WRITING SHIT BECAUSE FOR YOUR 411 HE WAYS AT HIS FAMILYS HOUSE SO DON'T TALK WITH OUT KNOWING OKEY CHILL DA F*CK OUT PLEASE.....
stop writing shit

Dracut, MA

#42 Aug 19, 2008
confused wrote:
some crake head get shot in lowell. like this is something new. who cares? kill them all
You don't know shit to be talking shit okey if your life is f**k up and you have nothing to do go play with your self it will keep you from writing shit you don't need to write get a life....
Sick and Tired

Lowell, MA

#43 Aug 20, 2008
His mother is a prostitute and he was a drug dealer. Those kids should be kept miles away from that family. I don't know the girlfriend, but most likely she is just like the rest of them and those kids will have no chance in hell of turning out to be productive, self supporting members of society.
Frank

North Reading, MA

#44 Aug 20, 2008
Private wrote:
Not to bame the LPD....But they need more cops in more places and more undercover cops sneaking around disrupting things....motion creates emotion......Lowell Police let's setup task forces and maybe prevent a death or two........Alot of people look at Lowell Cops as Chumps!!
Yeah they could have had an undercover hiding in the family's closet.
yepzs

Dracut, MA

#45 Aug 21, 2008
wahtz i herd is that he got shot bcuz he got in a argument bcuz a a bike well its waht i herd buht hey RIP phill...P.S yo HOMIESZ will mizz u man..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should an uninsured driver from NH be allowed t... (Aug '08) 13 hr Umm23 113
News Plethora of pollen blamed on erratic weather pa... Jun 22 Buzz Lightyear 3
Section 8 Fraud (Sep '08) Jun 18 Emily 336
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Jun 16 Linda 759
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) Jun 14 Wondering 17,972
News Lowell school budget cuts loom (May '10) Jun 10 Wondering 34
Just Saying Jun 10 Wondering 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lowell Mortgages