Micky Ward faces charges after fight ...

Micky Ward faces charges after fight with wife's stepfather

There are 167 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Jun 5, 2008, titled Micky Ward faces charges after fight with wife's stepfather. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Retired boxer Micky Ward will face an assault-and-battery charge stemming a fight he allegedly had with the stepfather of his wife on Wilder Street in late May.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Micky needs to leave her

Billerica, MA

#69 Jun 6, 2008
Are you kidding me? Charlene has done nothing but bring Micky down! Draining his bank account with her drug abuse and partying. She was laughing at him behind his back while she was cheating on Micky with her drug dealer as he was training to fight Gatti! You mustn't know her very well. Micky needs to get away from her!!
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you alright? Charlene has helped Micky through so many tough times in his life and pointed him in the right direction and does nothing but make his life better. So "Old friend", there must be some reason why you are no longer his friend...and don't try coming back by saying its Charlene either...won't buy it. So beat it!
Friend

Northborough, MA

#70 Jun 6, 2008
Kasie wrote:
Thank you to the people that have actually met my father and thanks to the people that are sticking up for him, your right 42 & 51 isn't a big age difference. And Kevin is known for getting into MANY fights around lowell, the articles forget to mention that point.
Kasie,,You don't need to defend your Dad the real people who really know him are all that count,The jerks that call him and the family bums need to get a life and read how much Mickey Ward has done for people and family in need, Your Dad would give the shirt off his back if he knew it would keep someone warm, Hang in there Kasie hold your head up high and be proud of whom your dad is,And you stay on the straight road in life like your dad did,God has a plan for all of us,
Disgusted

East Templeton, MA

#71 Jun 7, 2008
LTBRight wrote:
Really? "Micky is a great role model. Get out of the haze that you are obviously in. If talking about your daughter like he does is putting your kids first..i wouldn't want to be his kid. "..........Once again, you do not know the story. The fact is Micky's wife was harrassing Kevin's girlfriend every single day by driving by and beeping and yelling profanities for the whole world to hear. She did this continually until Kevin was forced to defend his girl by asking his daughter to stop. A heated argument ensues, Dad & daughter exchange unpleasentries, Micky comes home, wants to "speak" to Kevin about what he said in anger. Goes to Kevins house and... fight? No not a fight, not self-defense. Kevin is all of 5ft tall... and the boxer bully, along with his body guard decided to "diffuse" the cat fight between two immature women, by hitting the guy trying to stop the bullsh**. Real mature. That's not a role model.
Actually, I do know the story and Kevin was waiting for this opportunity because he obviously hasn't gotten enough money from them over the years.:) I mean, how else is his girlfriend going to support her habits? Oh, and he may be 5 feet tall..but he has little man syndrome and always has to be tougher than the guy next to him. Seen him go after guys 2 feet taller than him for no reason except that he was drunk. You think that is mature? Don't think so. So, as I said before-Micky is and always will be a great role model. Thank you!:)
Disgusted

East Templeton, MA

#72 Jun 7, 2008
Micky needs to leave her wrote:
Are you kidding me? Charlene has done nothing but bring Micky down! Draining his bank account with her drug abuse and partying. She was laughing at him behind his back while she was cheating on Micky with her drug dealer as he was training to fight Gatti! You mustn't know her very well. Micky needs to get away from her!!
<quoted text>
No you are right..I don't know her at all..give me a break! You listen to lies and you believe them because it gives you something to talk about . Stop living through other peoples lives and go out and get one for yourself. Draining Micky's bank account? Oh and just last week I saw her on Rodeo Drive shopping at Dolce and Gabana...LMFAO!! GET A LIFE AND SOME FACTS LOSER.
Micky needs to leave her

Billerica, MA

#73 Jun 7, 2008
Hate to tell you, but I am very close to Micky and I have SEEN with my own eyes what she has done to him. I do know the FACTS! Can you say the same?
Outraged by stupid people

Lowell, MA

#74 Jun 7, 2008
Big Mick Fan wrote:
The older guy should have been willing to talk about it like a man..and not raise his hand.
Shouldn't this also be true of Mickey? Shouldn't Mickey have been willing to talk about it like a man...and not raise a hand? Just because someone pokes you in the chest doesn't mean you have to punch them in the face. Be the bigger man; walk away.
Disgusted

Hudson, NH

#75 Jun 7, 2008
Micky needs to leave her wrote:
Hate to tell you, but I am very close to Micky and I have SEEN with my own eyes what she has done to him. I do know the FACTS! Can you say the same?
I can say that and more. Like I said..keep believing what you want and get on with your life. They are happy and you aren't so don't try to ruin it. Friggen clown.:)
Dewan

Chapel Hill, NC

#76 Jun 7, 2008
Micky needs to leave her wrote:
Hate to tell you, but I am very close to Micky and I have SEEN with my own eyes what she has done to him. I do know the FACTS! Can you say the same?
Sounds like a bitter betty HERB That was not given the time of day. If you are so close to Micky...reveal yourself. What you say is garbage..and I think you could only wish to have a bond as tight as theirs. Don't hate! Don't be mad...you can't break what is solid with your false accusations and jealousy.
jeremy

Peabody, MA

#78 Jun 7, 2008
mickey is a good guy and anyone who knows him will tell you that he must have been provoked to commit violence outside the ring. he is a quiet,gentle and very respectful guy.
not charlenes fault

Cambridge, MA

#79 Jun 7, 2008
i dont think its charlene bringing mickey down but i beleive it to be charlenes closest friends bringing mick down. mickey should stay away from white trash.
LoWeLL 4 LifE

Braintree, MA

#83 Jun 9, 2008
Does anybody understand what Ho Chunh and hung lo are trying to say?
mary lou mcdermott

Champlin, MN

#84 Jun 10, 2008
Kasie wrote:
Thank you to the people that have actually met my father and thanks to the people that are sticking up for him, your right 42 & 51 isn't a big age difference. And Kevin is known for getting into MANY fights around lowell, the articles forget to mention that point.
HI kASSIE, I've known all the Eklunds my whole life, and I have nothing but the up most respectfor every single one of them , the Eklunds, the Wards, and even Kato, Ii lived acoss the sreet for alot of years from your family and we had lots of great times growing up, they were all at my wedding as a matter of fact, and that made my day even more special to have your famly there. Your Dad is one of the Best Guys that will ever come out of the city of Lowell, Hon.just like mine was, so let the idiots say what they will, but believe me honey you were blessed to be born into such a good family and yes that does definetly mean Dicky and all the girls too , and please send my Love to all, you're in my prayers, don't ever ever give into the shit they say about your Dad, he is one very stand up honest good .guy, and there really aren't many of them left, especially in Lowell.Kassie people have been saying lies about my Dad for years but I'm Jack McDermott's daughter and I know the real truth just like you know what a Great man your Dad is , don't let the jerks get to you girl they're just trying to provoke you , if you let them then they win and and aia know know your Family well enough to know you guys never lose, keep your head up and be proud of who you are , Love to you and your Family.MLMB
Jacqueline Boucher

Champlin, MN

#86 Jun 13, 2008
prayers be with you and family
archie

Concord, CA

#87 Jun 17, 2008
he probably deserved it. Mickey wouldn't dirty his hands on that a hole
ReadBetweenTheLi nes

North Reading, MA

#88 Jun 17, 2008
I mean what is the problem ???

Can't a guy just backhand his wife every now and then?
The nerve

Woburn, MA

#89 Jun 17, 2008
ReadBetweenTheLines wrote:
I mean what is the problem ???
Can't a guy just backhand his wife every now and then?
That's not nice....

What if she's crazy and kills you?

I know you're kidding, right?

me too.
Annie

Worcester, MA

#90 Jun 17, 2008
Will this make it to the Movie? haha
Blast from the past

Brookline, NH

#91 Jun 17, 2008
I went to high school with Charlene (Fleming) Ward. You'd think (or hope) things would change (for the better) since then, over a decade ago! Charlene is still doing the very same things as she did back then! Pinning men against against eachother, in order to draw attention to herself. Cheating, lying and stealing. I guess since it's the only lifestyle she has known, growing up in a broken home, not being taught any morals or value, she just continued, rather than trying to better herself. Some people learn from their mistakes and others...well....just keep making the same mistakes over and over, and you wonder if infact they actually enjoy it(charlene) so sad.
Steven

Chapel Hill, NC

#92 Jun 18, 2008
Give me a break. You obviously don't know her very well....You described someone who is nothing like Charlene. What happened, she dated your ex-boyfriend or broke your heart? Get a grip...she is none of the things you said.
Blast from the past wrote:
I went to high school with Charlene (Fleming) Ward. You'd think (or hope) things would change (for the better) since then, over a decade ago! Charlene is still doing the very same things as she did back then! Pinning men against against eachother, in order to draw attention to herself. Cheating, lying and stealing. I guess since it's the only lifestyle she has known, growing up in a broken home, not being taught any morals or value, she just continued, rather than trying to better herself. Some people learn from their mistakes and others...well....just keep making the same mistakes over and over, and you wonder if infact they actually enjoy it(charlene) so sad.
lower highlands resident

Hudson, MA

#93 Jun 18, 2008
You must have been i NC to long. Shes two lines away from being Captain Johns best Coke W***e.
Over tanned hag.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) 3 hr Roland poitras 816
Anyone know of any Tunnels/Caverns or Undergrou... (Sep '09) Sep 22 Scared in Lowell 4
keno in massachusetts (Nov '08) Sep 20 Douchbag slayer 89
Camp Saint Mary's (Jan '09) Sep 19 Sully 38
Lawn sprinklers at town hall Sep 14 D smith 1
News Child-molestation charges are dropped against D... (May '09) Sep 13 Mama of 2 23
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) Sep 13 Bob KA-58 18,354

Lowell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lowell Mortgages