Tyco closing Lowell plant, moving 100...

Tyco closing Lowell plant, moving 100 jobs

There are 48 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Nov 10, 2010, titled Tyco closing Lowell plant, moving 100 jobs. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Tyco Electronics is closing its Pawtucket Boulevard facility in Lowell and moving its 100 employees at the office to Newington, N.H. The move comes just months after government contractor Harris Corp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

I Leaned ona Hugh

Lowell, MA

#21 Nov 10, 2010
No comment.
What What

Quincy, MA

#22 Nov 10, 2010
Wendy wrote:
thank you city councilors for raising taxes to give the useless lowell police a raise!?
we need to fired all the city council and start drafting umass professors and economically studying students to run the city council!
lets get rid off these old hacks!
Hey Wendy...the cops haven't had a raise in 4 yrs...they were due on due to a contract.
Fire the city council? Really? That's what elections are for.
And last but not least "economically studying students"--HAHAHAHA WTF is that...I'm laughing still from reading that mess...GET A CLUE before you expose yourself as a dolt...
"economically studying students" too funny....
no more looting

Dracut, MA

#23 Nov 10, 2010
Meehanville wrote:
Don't fret about the building. Marty will somehow find a way to get it for pennies on the dollar. Just remember, UMASS Lowell pays no real estate taxes to the City. But look at the services they receive for free. The streets are paved, plowed, sanded for $0. The Fire Dept answers numerous calls on a daily basis for $0. The Police answer calls when the "Campus Cops" can't handle their problems. Wake up folks, we don't need UMASS Lowell running the city.
Marty is showing alarming signs of royalty...

Is an entirely new development for UML Pres. to have the LCC as his "privy council"....

let's hope Marty finagles the Suffolk job so Lowell can go back to being safely neglected....

we must get him out before Fauntleroy grows up and takes over....
local observer

Dracut, MA

#24 Nov 10, 2010
Wendy wrote:
thank you city councilors for raising taxes to give the useless lowell police a raise!?
we need to fired all the city council and start drafting umass professors and economically studying students to run the city council!
lets get rid off these old hacks!
I was w/ you right up to the UML professors part!

is that a threat or something?...(see WFB quote: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/w/wi... )

last time I checked, also, u must be a resident!
local observer

Dracut, MA

#25 Nov 10, 2010
nice kerning!(not)

Since: Nov 09

Lawrence, MA

#26 Nov 10, 2010
Tyngs Resident wrote:
So what will happen to that building on the Boulevard?
I used to work there as a contractor, but when I left, there was 3 companies. Tyco, which had a small amount of employees, a company called AutoLiv (another small group), and Cobham which was the biggest of the 3. Cobham still reigns the boulevard site, so I don't think anything will happen with the building itself.
rumor has it

Peabody, MA

#27 Nov 10, 2010
i heard that a strip club tycoon will be buying the place complete with hookers YEAAAAAAAA :)
Love It

Northborough, MA

#28 Nov 10, 2010
4 more years!
Concord River

Dracut, MA

#29 Nov 10, 2010
there is a lot to like about Lowell
Old Veteran

Tewksbury, MA

#30 Nov 10, 2010
Odd, right after the elections Raytheon and Tyco announce significant job loses. And DP and his cronies insist that unemployment must be down because new claims are down. Well Deval, that's because there isn't anyone left to file a new claim.
Jake Speed

Lowell, MA

#31 Nov 10, 2010
I think it was very thoughtful of these businesses to wait until after the election so Deval could run his ads on the great state of the Mass economy.

These communist demorats are all the same you work they take.

I hope your all aware of the new movement by these commie scumbags to eliminate your mortgage interest deduction.

This is being driven by one of your favorite Clinton commies Erskine Bowles.

You people will never learn.

Obama, so others can enjoy what you have worked hard for.
Gerald

Lexington, MA

#32 Nov 10, 2010
Just another empty building Deval. When are you going to stop the exodus from your illustrious state?
FLAROCKS

Windham, NH

#33 Nov 10, 2010
First...I used to work there in the macom days....here's hoping da toolbags that I know have been downsized!!! whoop whoop....Have it your way, you want fries with that db?
what what

Billerica, MA

#34 Nov 10, 2010
Old Veteran wrote:
Odd, right after the elections Raytheon and Tyco announce significant job loses. And DP and his cronies insist that unemployment must be down because new claims are down. Well Deval, that's because there isn't anyone left to file a new claim.
What article are you reading? Where does it say Tyco announced significant job losses? No jobs are being lost at all from what I read. They are consolidating with their other facility. I dont see how that affects unemployment. It doesn't count if you make it up.
saywhat

Walled Lake, MI

#35 Nov 10, 2010
Mr Garrison wrote:
I can see moving to NH, but why Chelmsford? Unless of course they already had a facility there.
But don't fret MA residents, all these layoffs are not a big deal, keep things exactly how they are, Deval will take care of it.
The Apollo Dr location is an easily accessed more modern building, the Pawtucket Blvd location is a $%!#hole.
JustSaying

AOL

#36 Nov 10, 2010
Is it true Gov. Patrick had them (Tyco) hold off on this annoucement until after the election?
Tony

Tewksbury, MA

#37 Nov 10, 2010
Are all the dolts happy they voted for Patrick now?
WellArmedVoter

Gloucester, MA

#38 Nov 10, 2010
What's all this I hear about layoffs?....
http://www.dailyjobcuts.com/
Always an Acre boy

Rockville, MD

#39 Nov 10, 2010
Another one bites the dust. Thank Devolve Patrick for that. Why stay in Mass, when they can go to New Hampshire and don't have to pay the high taxes they do here. Makes sense to me.
Watchman

Lowell, MA

#40 Nov 11, 2010
This should be good news for those who voted Patrick back on government. This is all he is been doing. However there are always people whom believe in his lies.
I wander if any politician will ever have the guts to undo what Clinton did. Reversing NAFTA, and bringing back the industries that paid him to create the program, so they could leave America and go overseas employing cheaper labor, and causing the crisis which has ripping us off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shaughnessy Terrace May 20 sumofan 3
News Ex-Pittsfield mayor Dobelle joins voices asking... May 16 the city I hate 3
News In sign of the times, Chelmsford looks to billb... (Feb '10) May 16 hammerhead 25
Billerica crim,e 70s 80s 90s (Jul '08) May 14 Shawsheen guy 381
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) May 13 whathappenedtobrenda 827
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) May 13 old guy 18,463
News Billerica's Iversen latest local auto dealer to... (Sep '08) May 3 bob 115

Lowell Jobs

Personal Finance

Lowell Mortgages