11 charged in prostitution sweep

Full story: Lowell Sun

As long as purveyors of sex continue to buy and sell it, police are promising to make arrests.
Comments
1 - 20 of 174 Comments Last updated Jul 13, 2014
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
dirty old man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 8, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

lol sleep tight lowell lpd is on the job............why don't they work more on the gun's/gang's i am not anti cop we need them but busting hooker's who i feel hurt no one but themselves.i just think the time should be spent on better thing's
Bushwacked

Colchester, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 8, 2008
 
These idiots ever hear of the Boston Phoenix?
Brian L

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 8, 2008
 

Judged:

1

dirty old man wrote:
lol sleep tight lowell lpd is on the job..........why don't they work more on the gun's/gang's i am not anti cop we need them but busting hooker's who i feel hurt no one but themselves.i just think the time should be spent on better thing's
Your wrong, prostitution is not a victimless crime...most likely they don't advertise that they are selling sex but they have diseases, which spread on to other unknown victims...not too mention a majority of them are offering sex for money to support their drug habit, which also leads to thefts, robberies, assaults, and druggies that are littering the streets. Far from a victimless crime! Not too mention the city gets a big black eye from out-of-towners that seek to satisfy their thirst for a quickie by coming to Lowell.

so you still think they only harm themselves? give me a break!

Since: Sep 07

Lowell

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 8, 2008
 
Are the prostitutes still working Appleton Street? Let's also get rid of those drunks who accost you in traffic downtown, asking for money when you're at red light.
Joey

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 8, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Brian L wrote:
<quoted text>
Your wrong, prostitution is not a victimless crime...most likely they don't advertise that they are selling sex but they have diseases, which spread on to other unknown victims...not too mention a majority of them are offering sex for money to support their drug habit, which also leads to thefts, robberies, assaults, and druggies that are littering the streets. Far from a victimless crime! Not too mention the city gets a big black eye from out-of-towners that seek to satisfy their thirst for a quickie by coming to Lowell.
so you still think they only harm themselves? give me a break!
I think that prostition should be legalized. It's been going on since the beginning of time and will continue.
If it were legalized, the goverment could license certain buildings where it could occur, and they could have a symbol on the buildings that would identify them as such an establishment.
The workers would be required to get regular health screenings.
A set schedule of fees would be established, and the government would get a percentage of the fees.
This would take the workers off the streets, and confine this adult activity to certain places, and it would not be obvious what is happening there.
It would be safer for everyone involved.
Also, this would free up the police, the jails. and the courts to deal with more serious issues.
Brian L

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 8, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Joey wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that prostition should be legalized. It's been going on since the beginning of time and will continue.
If it were legalized, the goverment could license certain buildings where it could occur, and they could have a symbol on the buildings that would identify them as such an establishment.
The workers would be required to get regular health screenings.
A set schedule of fees would be established, and the government would get a percentage of the fees.
This would take the workers off the streets, and confine this adult activity to certain places, and it would not be obvious what is happening there.
It would be safer for everyone involved.
Also, this would free up the police, the jails. and the courts to deal with more serious issues.
Sure let's put a building on each side of your house since your a big proponent of them. But then the Boston Phoenix would lose a ton of money from the advertisements of all the "massage parlors". At the same time, we might as well legalize all drugs...since they to have been around since the beginning of time. The government could tax the drugs and reap a huge winfall...and this would free up even more prisons and police for more "important things".

Do us all a favor and never run for a political position!
Brian L

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 8, 2008
 
Miss_Lakeey wrote:
Are the prostitutes still working Appleton Street? Let's also get rid of those drunks who accost you in traffic downtown, asking for money when you're at red light.
oh i'm sure they still roam the streets over there, but doubt its nearly as bad as it was 10 years ago.
michael teeta

Wilmington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 8, 2008
 
Yum Yum

Since: Dec 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 8, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Gee, why don't we legalize murder too. It's been going on since the beginning of time when Cain killed Abel.
Pelhamite

Pelham, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 8, 2008
 
Are these people dumb or what? We just had the Pelham NH cable Director arrested for this. His picture was plastered all over the news. Of course he will try and plead not guilt but how can you when you offer an undercover cop money for sex?

There was just a Boston firefighter charged with possession of marijuana and he was placed on administrative leave.

Now why doesn't Pelham NH have any policies in place for people who have been arrested for illegal activities? Soliciting a prostitute is illegal. Who in Pelham gets to decide what crimes are against the rules and what crimes arn't?

If the Pelham Board of Selectmen think they have problems now with the taxes going through the roof, wait until a concerned group of Pelham's citizens sue the town for having employees with criminal records working for them
Lowell

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 8, 2008
 
Good Job keep up the good work. It is bad when your waiting at the school bus stop and you see prostitues at all hours of the day walk by. This is not good for our children to see. Send them all to Las Vegas where it is legal.
A Concern Citizen
Kenny Gate

Somerville, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 9, 2008
 
Yum Yum for sho. Don't let them fool you, this is a serious crime. Go get 'em and get 'em all.
Rob

Chelmsford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 9, 2008
 
How moronic are the readers of this newspaper? Do you people really believe that this crime is victimless? Most of these prostitutes, if not all, are junkies with serious drug and alcohol problems as a direct result of sexual abuse by someone else in their lives. DO YOU SEE A PATENT?

Since: Sep 07

Lowell

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 9, 2008
 
Joey wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that prostition should be legalized. It's been going on since the beginning of time and will continue.
If it were legalized, the goverment could license certain buildings where it could occur, and they could have a symbol on the buildings that would identify them as such an establishment.
The workers would be required to get regular health screenings.
A set schedule of fees would be established, and the government would get a percentage of the fees.
This would take the workers off the streets, and confine this adult activity to certain places, and it would not be obvious what is happening there.
It would be safer for everyone involved.
Also, this would free up the police, the jails. and the courts to deal with more serious issues.
Wow Bri, I was just saying the same thing this morning! It's a win-win situation.
happy

Framingham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 9, 2008
 
legalize it
Ray Doyle

Andover, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 9, 2008
 
Pelhamite are you kidding me. If you don't think that 25% of the people that work for your town have never been arrested, you are wrong. What happens off the job should not affect their job, unless it happen during working hours or you are a risk to the community or children. I wish it wasn't that way, but that is the truth.
Take a look at a union contract. You will be crying by the end.
geezer

Peabody, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Mar 10, 2008
 
dennis- carpentier sr wrote:
maybe entrapment again but they will all do it again/ just get fined??
When you walk up to a strange woman in the park with a $20 bill in one hand and your weenie in the other, that is hardly entrapment.
When all the residents complain that this behavior is rampant in the area, what would YOU suggest they do ??? This isn't just about ruining a guy's fun, this is about stopping the rampant spread of AIDS, hepatitis, and many other sexualy transmitted diseases.
geezer

Peabody, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Mar 10, 2008
 
dennis- carpentier sr wrote:
<quoted text>BULLONEY ON THIS ONE children should be educated to know whats going on = whom amongst you can cast the first stone????
Just in case you hadn't noticed, prostitutin is illegal in this state.
ShOcKeD

Stoneham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Mar 10, 2008
 
dennis- carpentier sr wrote:
<quoted text>BULLONEY ON THIS ONE children should be educated to know whats going on = whom amongst you can cast the first stone????
First stone? Fawk all that "Bible mumbo jumbo" My daughter doesn't need to be educated about hookers when she's standing at the school bus stop. There is no golden rule that says "Children have to know what's going on" 5, 6, 7 year old children being exposed to prostitution are you kidding me? Sounds like you're going to hell buddy, better start praying!!
Wondering Why

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Mar 10, 2008
 
I don't understand why the Police waste their time arresting the John's. when they should be arresting the prostitutes. There should be stiffer laws against these people, they're just spreading disease. Most of them are dirty disease infested drug addicts. It's a joke. They get arrested, they pay their bail and then they're right back on the street a few hours later. The time the Police waste arresting these people, they could be saving someone else's life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Lowell Forum right now

Search the Lowell Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Arrest Log: 12/15/2010 (Dec '10) 3 hr Will 17
A lawyer, a disaster (Nov '10) 15 hr Injun Joe 27
Is this the worst summer for Lowell? 15 hr Injun Joe 1
Market Basket ready to hire 15 hr Sonny 17
Vaccinate your dog: 15 cases of parvovirus conf... 18 hr Paula 1
Camp Saint Mary's (Jan '09) Aug 16 50s Girl 31
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Aug 16 Kundrot dionkie 1,163
•••
•••

Lowell News Video

•••
•••

Lowell Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lowell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lowell News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lowell
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••