Lowell boxing legend Micky Ward facin...

Lowell boxing legend Micky Ward facing charges in fight with wi...

There are 187 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Jun 6, 2008, titled Lowell boxing legend Micky Ward facing charges in fight with wi.... In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

"Irish" Micky Ward, whose hardscrabble childhood and boxing fame have spawned the making of a Hollywood flick, has a new fight on his hands.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

lowellianna

Pepperell, MA

#151 Nov 30, 2008
Kasie don't defend yourself here, people are just trying to rattle yourself.

& feel bad for "the skeptic"... that they know Charlene & be thankful that she is not your mom & is only your "STEP" mom

good luck in life & continue to stay strong & stand by your dad.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#152 Nov 30, 2008
kasie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm 19, and for your information, I'm mickys DAUGHTER. And Charlene is NOT my mother. She's my step mother. Get your head out of your ****. My name is tattooed on his leg and type in "kasie ward" on google if you don't believe me. Weirdo.
Besides you, who cares? I can't believe that this thread is still going. Must have ever ready batteries or something.
KAH

AOL

#153 Nov 30, 2008
kasie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm 19, and for your information, I'm mickys DAUGHTER. And Charlene is NOT my mother. She's my step mother. Get your head out of your ****. My name is tattooed on his leg and type in "kasie ward" on google if you don't believe me. Weirdo.
Way before your time Kasie-he was a coke-head with Dicky and Bo and I know because I was "there", but you can't blame ppl for slamming him if they already knew him from the past--granted he str8'ted up some but this latest incidence don't quite cut it...
Good ole Lowell

Malden, MA

#154 Nov 30, 2008
Give him a couple years, he will be at it again.
Bowen

South Dennis, MA

#155 Nov 30, 2008
Is Bo(gary) still alive??I worked with him at the B&M railroad
tbone

Billerica, MA

#156 Dec 1, 2008
i know alot about micky and can say he's a man of integrity dicky thats another story but mick i would give the shirt off my back he a humble guy who has had to put up with alot we love ya micky keep it real
Debbie

Brattleboro, VT

#159 May 26, 2009
Hi Kasie,
My daughter is auditioning to play YOU in the upcoming movie about your dad. What do you look like. Are you blonde or have dark hair.
kasie wrote:
<quoted text>
lowell guy

Lowell, MA

#160 May 27, 2009
I have known Mickey for many years and he has always been a good guy.I can't believe he would without provocation punch his father in law.Think about it,why would an ex world boxing champ punch his father in law without having been provoked or assaulted first.Use your heads people!Best of luck to ya Mickey.
George

Australia

#161 May 27, 2009
I have to agree,
Regards,
George
[url=http://makemoneyhomecours e.com/earn-money-from-home/]ea rn money from home[/url]
George

Australia

#162 May 27, 2009
Donna Lawson

Taunton, MA

#163 May 31, 2009
Hey Kasie,
I attended the open casting call in Lowell yesterday. I actually made it to the camera interview. I was soo excited. I had relative written on my paper. The girl in back of me had Kasie. Do you think it would be possible to forward me some pictures of relatives with blonde hair> I would love to see if I resemble any of them. My e-mail is donnal521@yahoo.com.
Hey, and maybe you could put in a good word for me, I would LOVE to be in this movie. I just recently started my acting career. I would love to do it full time. I have been in 2 small movies so far, but this is the most exciting by far. I already started research about his life hoping that I get the part !! Thanks
joey

Windham, NH

#164 May 31, 2009
lowell guy wrote:
I have known Mickey for many years and he has always been a good guy.I can't believe he would without provocation punch his father in law.Think about it,why would an ex world boxing champ punch his father in law without having been provoked or assaulted first.Use your heads people!Best of luck to ya Mickey.
Lowell Guy I think that pulluted air in lowell is effectimg your mind.Don:t you remember when he try to take on the lowell PD at a local pub,when he raise his fist to fight them and got hit across the knuckle with a billyclub, well that was the end of his fighting days .
Barry

East Greenwich, RI

#165 Jun 16, 2009
Not knowing anything about Mickey Ward or any of you until I just read your postings, I must say that to me it seems like Mickey Ward IS a class act and has just been put under the usual scrutiny that anyone from any neighborhood that had the guts and heart to find success is put through. It is human nature to not want to see the guy next door do better than them. Success doesn't come easy, we all know that. But when it does happen, you should embrass it...and the person that did it. It will rub off in a good way. But that's just my opinion. I'm just curious, can someone tell me...Mickey's father...was he a class act as well? What usually comes around, goes around.
producer

Lowell, MA

#166 Jun 17, 2009
The movie isn't even going to be shot in Massachusetts - the pre-production logs say it will be made in Canada (where it is much cheaper)- they're just shooting "B-roll" in Lowell - no sound. The actual production company wasn't even the ones conducting the auditions - it was an over-ambitious wannabe casting company that was trying to get the attention of the producers.
Saddam Did The Rope Dance

Casco, ME

#167 Jun 17, 2009
Jackie T wrote:
I grew up in the acre part of the city, between Bowers Street and Mount Vernon Street. A lot of boys from the area always wanted to fight and challenge each other to see who was the best. I had a few friends who joined the gym to become golden glove boxers.
Most boys got caught up in drugs, drinking, crime or having kids at a young age. Micky did something with his life that none of the other boys did. Because of that, people are jealous and want to take him down for the littlest of things that he does. I have seen and heard of worse things that have happened in Lowell, and no one bats an eye, but if it has to do with someone like Micky Ward, people coming running to judgment and want a piece of what Micky Ward has.
Good for you Micky Ward, you didn't let the city take you down. Don't ever let it. I got out of Lowell, and I was very lucky to have survived a lot of the things that happened to me as a child, growing up there.
I finally left Lowell in May 2007 after being born and raised there for over 31 years and moved to the beautiful South West coast of Florida (Vero Beach) It's a different world down here. Never again will I ever return to Lowell, not even to visit. NEVER!
Keep your head held high Micky Ward, you have already won the fight. Do you self and family a favor... Leave Lowell.. You have nothing to prove to them... My prayers are with my brother...
Sincerely,
Jackie.. a poor acre girl.
...I noticed that too, Seems like drunks/druggies get VERY jealous about people unless you share their addictions and failures. But the old saying is true, Birds of a feather flock together. Most towns have their bar rats/druggies, Every one is a narrow minded retard. It's good you left, Never surround yourself with toxic people, You will die a slow death just like them.
Nicole

Dracut, MA

#168 Jun 17, 2009
That family is a mess anyway. I don't think his life is worth a movie but whatever. I hope they are truthful about his life and drugs ect.
AJ JR

AOL

#169 Jun 17, 2009
producer wrote:
The movie isn't even going to be shot in Massachusetts - the pre-production logs say it will be made in Canada (where it is much cheaper)- they're just shooting "B-roll" in Lowell - no sound. The actual production company wasn't even the ones conducting the auditions - it was an over-ambitious wannabe casting company that was trying to get the attention of the producers.
The movie is definately being shot in Lowell. I believe the movie company is renting lots of office space in the Boott Mills and plan on beginning sometime in July.
shaun mc

London, UK

#170 Jul 20, 2009
mickys a great guy with a never say die attitude to life.
has anyone got any detailed photos of his celtic cross tattoo? would like to see it up close.regards
Meg

Dracut, MA

#171 Aug 15, 2009
producer wrote:

you're wrong! its being shot! they just shot a sex scene on my street two weeks ago! And they filmed at a restaurant (olmympia) the other day! get over yourself everyone! And why would this poor girl put in a good word for any of you. You're all freaks!! Thats what professionals are for!
new hampshire

Merrimack, NH

#172 Sep 26, 2009
Grew up in Lowell wrote:
Kasie, most of the people talking trash here are just Jealous. I've known Micky since the West End days, real class aits funnct, good guy!
its funny that mick went to his father in laws straight from a bar figures drinking looking for a fight his so called wifey that treats him like crap egging him on to go to her dads and hurt him soundss just like her a liar drama queen loves all this attention this is about a relative who sucker punched his own father in law at his house in his door it has nothing to do with his wife beth she wasnt involved so lets just know it was mick attacked a relative not anything else from what i know the relationship was over way before the attack kevin and beth moved on charlene couldnt she led it up to this mess its sad that she continues to the drama let it go

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sheehan leaves job as Westford's assistant town... (Mar '10) Tue townsendite 51
mazmatrix (Jun '08) Tue MazaHas 755
News Ten charged in Lowell gang raids; weapons, drug... (Jul '08) Tue MazaHas 667
LiFe span Tue MazaHas 4
News Give him a can of spray paint -- he'll give you... (Jul '09) Tue audreyrivera 16
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) May 25 acreboy 17,850
Freedom of Thought, Belief and Religion May 24 Wondering 46
More from around the web

Lowell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]