Lowell boxing legend Micky Ward facin...

Lowell boxing legend Micky Ward facing charges in fight with wi...

There are 187 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Jun 6, 2008, titled Lowell boxing legend Micky Ward facing charges in fight with wi.... In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

"Irish" Micky Ward, whose hardscrabble childhood and boxing fame have spawned the making of a Hollywood flick, has a new fight on his hands.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
R U Kidding me

Lowell, MA

#2 Jun 6, 2008
AFter reading this article, is his life really movie worthy? Come on now, acting like a typical lowell thug...he should of took the high road and ignored his father-in-law. Just proves you can take the boy out of lowell but you can't take lowell out of the boy. Give me a break! Hey, maybe they can add this recent event into the script!
Billy

Wilmington, MA

#3 Jun 6, 2008
Give Mick a break...He was acting in self defense.I would have done the same thing. What is he supposed to do? Stand there like a chump and be a punching bag? I have met Micky numerous times and he was always a class act.I hope you do well Micky!
Kasie

Tewksbury, MA

#4 Jun 6, 2008
Okay once again I will comment this artice, Micky Ward is my father. This article is complete crap, whoever gave them this story (most likely Kevin Nolette) is only one side of the story. None of you know what really happened. This has been going on for years. My father is a class act and everyone knows that he is a very respectful man. People challenge my dad all the time at bars but he never has acted on any threats. So obviously he felt very threatened to have to hit Kevin, i wish you people would actually think about the situation before you put your 2 cents in, assholes.
sacrafyc

United States

#5 Jun 6, 2008
Kasie your pops is a nie guy and I bet it was self defense, I respect the ward family like crazy I actually even made a song for Joey Mcreedy you should check it out
LoWeLL 4 LifE

Braintree, MA

#6 Jun 6, 2008
Kasie wrote:
Okay once again I will comment this artice, Micky Ward is my father. This article is complete crap, whoever gave them this story (most likely Kevin Nolette) is only one side of the story. None of you know what really happened. This has been going on for years. My father is a class act and everyone knows that he is a very respectful man. People challenge my dad all the time at bars but he never has acted on any threats. So obviously he felt very threatened to have to hit Kevin, i wish you people would actually think about the situation before you put your 2 cents in, assholes.
Good job telling a lot of theses bozos off.If these people were put in the same position your father was they would've walked away like the spineless fairys they are.Funny thing is, the people talking smack about him,if they saw him out at a bar they would probably kiss his a$$.
Kasie

Tewksbury, MA

#7 Jun 6, 2008
LoWeLL 4 LifE wrote:
<quoted text> Good job telling a lot of theses bozos off.If these people were put in the same position your father was they would've walked away like the spineless fairys they are.Funny thing is, the people talking smack about him,if they saw him out at a bar they would probably kiss his a$$.
haha thats so true, these people have no idea what there talking about. They just sit on the computer and yap their flaps all day !
law and order

Wakefield, MA

#8 Jun 6, 2008
I was led to believe that a professional boxers fist are considered dangerous weapons and that their use outside the ring is an automatic feloney. A professional boxer pitted against a 51 year old man-why didn't Ward leave the scene after being threatened by his father in law. Seems common sense to me.
law and order

Wakefield, MA

#9 Jun 6, 2008
Kasie wrote:

I go into bars all the time and no one challenges me to a fight-what the hell kind of old man do you have whereby people, by your own admission, challenge him to fights.
Grew up in Lowell

Newton Center, MA

#10 Jun 6, 2008
Kasie, most of the people talking trash here are just Jealous. I've known Micky since the West End days, real class act, good guy!
Kasie

Tewksbury, MA

#11 Jun 6, 2008
law and order wrote:
I was led to believe that a professional boxers fist are considered dangerous weapons and that their use outside the ring is an automatic feloney. A professional boxer pitted against a 51 year old man-why didn't Ward leave the scene after being threatened by his father in law. Seems common sense to me.
hes a RETIRED fighter, their not lisenced anymore, hes never once gotten into a fight outside the ring since he was a teenager. get over it. oh and everybody wants to be that one "cool guy" to knock out Micky Ward, thats why people are always challenging him in fights. anyways what do you know about anything?
shane C

Burlington, MA

#12 Jun 6, 2008
(r u kidding me) what rite do you have talking like that bout my uncle,is his lfe really movie worthy dam rite it is,you dont even know him to say things like that,just cause he was a boxer dont mean he dont have the rite to defend himself ok clown,how immature to use the word thug in the same breath as Irish Micky Ward.
Lowell Rocks

Burlington, MA

#13 Jun 6, 2008
Shane, Kasie and all Micky's family members..most of the arrogant people that post on here are sitting at work hating their jobs and life and they hide behind their posts. IGNORE their ignorance. You dont have to defend him on here guys! Good luck with everything.
Kasie

Redmond, WA

#14 Jun 6, 2008
Exactly :) I'm done defending my father, his career, and many other accomplishments speak for themselves. People can believe what they want. Its only ignorance.
lowell

Clinton, MA

#17 Jun 6, 2008
EMBARRASSMENT FOR LOWELL wrote:
The Ward and Eckland families are an embarrassment to the city of Lowell. Just a bunch of barroom thugs. How can we forget the how proud His "half" brother Dickie made us with the HBO Special High on Crack Street.
I can't believe how rude people are on here. You act like you know him personally. Which I highly doubt. You must be one of those fat asses that have nothing better to do then sit at your miserable job and talk shit on the interent. You must be so proud of your self. You must be a real over achiver in life.
Wondering

Walpole, MA

#18 Jun 6, 2008
Kasie wrote:
Don't let any of it bother you. People like to speculate and they usually end up being wrong, me included. I don't know your dad but you do. You know more about him than anyone here that's giving an opinion. Your truth is on your side, ignore the noise.
Disgusted

East Templeton, MA

#19 Jun 6, 2008
I wish people would stop talking trash about someone that has a heart of gold and does nothing but help people around and beyond his community. Unfortunately, there are always going to be people out there (family included) that will try to do whatever it takes to ruin your happiness. Let's take someones character into consideration before you make comments and since Kevin has nothing but a bad one..then that should say it all.
Motive

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Jun 6, 2008
Sounds like the father-in-law lawyered up pretty quick. In the final anaylsis, I hope it will come down to self defense over greed.
MickyNumber1

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Jun 6, 2008
Law and Order. You have no clue. People are always trying to pick fights with the biggest guy in the bar, it's been that way forever. Now imagine you are Micky Ward - I bet people challenge him to fights all the time.
JTE

Boston, MA

#23 Jun 6, 2008
DIANNE wrote:
what a thick harp.... i wouldnt have any part of this irish thunder they call him.
Grow up, you idiot...
Crawl back into your hole Dianne before you get beat down with a sac o nickles.
LoWeLL 4 LifE

Braintree, MA

#24 Jun 6, 2008
law and order wrote:
<quoted text>
I go into bars all the time and no one challenges me to a fight-what the hell kind of old man do you have whereby people, by your own admission, challenge him to fights.
He's a boxer you idiot.There are tons of people out there who would love to make a name for themselves by KO'ing a tough boxer in a bar fight.....then turn around and try to file a lawsuit against Ward for $$$. wake up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
High on Crack Street (Aug '08) 6 hr Granite Stater 163
Where are Lowell's most haunted places? (Jun '08) 10 hr allieT 839
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) 12 hr Former Resident 798
The Hearing Room presents DAN KIROUAC & SEAN FU... 17 hr Beatleman 1
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) Jan 12 Highlands Guy 18,123
Low Frequency Hum - Industrial Noise? (Mar '10) Jan 11 cardiffgirl 53
Born And Raised In Lowell (Dec '13) Jan 10 Martha Audet 4

Lowell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lowell Mortgages