|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Sanny wrote:
<quoted text>
It's still there. I used to go there all the time when I was younger just to get that thrill of seeing something. Only thing I saw were the lights flicking on and off.
Dudley Road is fun for a cheap thrill :D last time I went, I was recording a video on my camera while my boyfriend drove and my battery died... i had just replaced the batteries. then our GPS couldnt find us (we knew where we where but our GPS was on from earlier). i never heard of nuns getting raped but i heard they were murdered which i suspected was just a story... i heard all sorts of things... nuns were hung from the trees outside the nunnery
D senior

Derry, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

I used to live on carter st. Right next to prince spaggetti. Went to butler school from 1982-1986. The school creeped me out back then. Now as an adult I admire the old building. It would be cool to go back there and explore...
krystal

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

The old butler was torn down last week =/
Deb Grenier-duquette

East Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

The hatchet man goes way back...in the 40's...he lived around Stewart St in Dracut...he was handicapped...a large man and kind of limped or walked oddly...he would chase the kids cause they made of him...my uncles when they were kids and everyone else in that part of Dracut...the hatchet was just for chopping wood in the woods...he wore farmer jeans and very dirty...my mom said he disappeared...have to ask her more about it...she remembers ..she was a kid than....in my time...it was just a legend...he was gone for a long time....guess kids were ignorant back than ..at least my uncles and neighborhood friends were....legend scared the crap out of me
neips

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

parker library in dracut haunted ivee heard, anyone know anything?
Nobody

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Lowell girl died of strangulation
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
September 08, 1999 - 2:00 AM
LOWELL An 11-year-old girl who was found dead in a park was strangled, the chief medical examiner's office ruled yesterday.

"Our fears have been realized," said Lowell police Supt. Edward Davis.

Tabitha Potter was found dead in Shedd Park on Friday, three days after she had been reported missing. Her fully clothed body was found partially covered with leaves and wood timbers, and investigators said an attempt had been made to cover the body.

Middlesex District Attorney Martha Coakley said, "There is no positive evidence at this time of a sexual assault," but investigators were reviewing the possibility, she said.

The autopsy did not reveal when the girl was killed or how long her body had been in the park.

Tabitha was found in the same jeans, shirt and sneakers that she was wearing when she disappeared, Coakley said. The clothes were new, and had been purchased for the new school year, which Tabitha was to begin the day after she disappeared.

At the Butler Middle School yesterday, the flag flew at half-staff. It was the first day back to school since police confirmed Tabitha had been found dead.

A moment of silence was observed in Tabitha's honor during the morning announcements.

"If I could sum up in one word the atmosphere around the school today, it would be 'somber,"' said Henry Kouloheras, the school's principal.

Tabitha's grandmother, Shirley Gendreau, pleaded with the public yesterday for any information on the case.

In Shedd Park, where Tabitha often went to play basketball and where her body was found, residents placed flowers on top of a makeshift memorial.

"We just wanted to do a little something for her and a little something for our children," said Maureen Soney, a neighbor whose children brought flowers. "It's all very sad."

I still want to know more about the Shedd Park haunting . Can you pls . Give more info .?
Kiter

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2013

Gert Lyons haunts fort hill
Sharon

Summerside, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

The Edgerly House on Beacon St., Christian Hill is still very scary. They never did find the woman' head who was murdered there, so I hear.
Sharon

Summerside, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Our old house on Methuen Street on Christian Hill was haunted. There were two little kids that my kids had as imaginary friends, named Edward and Anna. I didn't think much of it at first. We lived in the house for over 20 years. My husband and I would hear kids laughing and playing upstairs, but we'd go to check on the kids and they would all be sound asleep. There was an old woman in the third floor bedroom who no one could see, but we knew she was there because of her heavy perfume. We often smelled pipe smoke at the second floor landing and could hear heavy footsteps in the bedroom at the top of the stairs late at night. When walking through that room at night, the Furby would start to talk and the music box dolls would start up. These are just some of the things that went on there while we lived there. We had the house blessed and things would settle down for a while. I'm glad I don't live there anymore.
Tony Stark

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Sharon wrote:
Our old house on Methuen Street on Christian Hill was haunted. There were two little kids that my kids had as imaginary friends, named Edward and Anna. I didn't think much of it at first. We lived in the house for over 20 years. My husband and I would hear kids laughing and playing upstairs, but we'd go to check on the kids and they would all be sound asleep. There was an old woman in the third floor bedroom who no one could see, but we knew she was there because of her heavy perfume. We often smelled pipe smoke at the second floor landing and could hear heavy footsteps in the bedroom at the top of the stairs late at night. When walking through that room at night, the Furby would start to talk and the music box dolls would start up. These are just some of the things that went on there while we lived there. We had the house blessed and things would settle down for a while. I'm glad I don't live there anymore.
Was the Furby on or off?
Izzyma

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

I grew up in Dracut. Spent a lot of my time at my friends grandmothers house hanging with my friend.. In the Kenwood section of Dracut.. There was an old man wearing farmer jeans always walking the hall and the two stairways. At night we heard him digging in the dirt celler. Gramma always said it was her dead husband and he refused to leave.. She would always talk to him. I never heard him talk back... But my friend and I were never afraid of him. Years later I was all grown up, had children by now. I was at a grown up Halloween party. I met some new people. At the end of the night we all sat around telling ghost stories and a pretty young girl said her family moved to Dracut a year back. And they had a ghost.. She said he was an old man with farmer jeans and I finished her story. By saying he walks the hall, up and down the stairs. And digs in the dirt celler. She started to get sick when I said her address... I never told her how I knew...
Tony Stark

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Izzyma wrote:
I grew up in Dracut. Spent a lot of my time at my friends grandmothers house hanging with my friend.. In the Kenwood section of Dracut.. There was an old man wearing farmer jeans always walking the hall and the two stairways. At night we heard him digging in the dirt celler. Gramma always said it was her dead husband and he refused to leave.. She would always talk to him. I never heard him talk back... But my friend and I were never afraid of him. Years later I was all grown up, had children by now. I was at a grown up Halloween party. I met some new people. At the end of the night we all sat around telling ghost stories and a pretty young girl said her family moved to Dracut a year back. And they had a ghost.. She said he was an old man with farmer jeans and I finished her story. By saying he walks the hall, up and down the stairs. And digs in the dirt celler. She started to get sick when I said her address... I never told her how I knew...
When you say "got sick" do you mean vomited? That seems rather extreem. And if you were gonna throw a big dramatic spot light on yourself...why not reveal how you know what you know!? The whole ending becomes one huge anti climatic nothing. Quite frankly hurts the credibilty of the story too.
moody school dropout

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Moody school was a scary place. They saw and old man up in the bell tower/ belfrey walking around, not sure how he got up there, but the fire dept. was called and when they arrived they couldnt find anyone up there. that happened fall of '75 i was in seventh grade does anyone remember that? Scared the crap out of all the students including myself

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 801 - 813 of813
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Lowell Forum right now

Search the Lowell Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Chilling coincidence: Rosario freed on $25,000 ... 16 hr Sigh 1
chickens Thu chevy3 1
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Wed Kundrot dionkie 1,145
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Jul 9 Shaneofjill 664
Pedestrian hit, hurt by pickup truck in Lowell (Jun '10) Jul 9 Natalie Dorsey 18
Arrest Log: 6/13/2010 (Jun '10) Jul 9 Lol 4
Jessica Krutuleski (Oct '12) Jul 8 Newly Concerned 7
•••
•••

Lowell News Video

•••
•••

Lowell Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••