Where are Lowell's most haunted places?
Rose

Bedford, NH

#870 Jan 26, 2012
Yeah I no my house in Lowell 27 Hampshire st is haunted a lot of weird things went on in that house I wonder if the people who are living there now .i wonder if anything has happen to them
MikeM

United States

#871 Jan 26, 2012
The Edgery kids were great people, they were my neighbors and friends.... The had breakfast at my house and played with me as a child.... Eddie shocked me after the barn fire and my best friend dated Ruth.. They were good people, yes the name had a sigma, but they are good people and I am sure they are to this day...
charlene

Lawrence, MA

#872 Jan 29, 2012
I used to live on dudley rd and there is something there I have been grabbed by something I couldn't see and I have come home and wake up to having scratches and bruises on my arms legs and neck its pretty creepy but I have this gift that the dead come to me for help whether or not good or bad and I enjoy all the information I am getting from all you guys it gives me more stuff to work with
charlene

Lawrence, MA

#873 Jan 29, 2012
Matador wrote:
No such things as ghosts

That's your opinion but most people do believe in the after life but I can't tell you what to believe or what not to believe

Bonobo monkey

“I can rant and rant all day”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#874 Jan 31, 2012
my lair is haunted cuz I don't clean. too busy on tooix. sla

Bonobo monkey

Location hidden

#875 Jan 31, 2012
topix. sorry sla no read posts b4 hitten send
OH MY

AOL

#876 Feb 1, 2012
Bonobo monkey wrote:
topix. sorry sla no read posts b4 hitten send
Your mother is a baboon.

Bonobo monkey

Location hidden

#877 Feb 1, 2012
OH MY wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mother is a baboon.
haunted places? Ours and Wonderings butt holes? try to stay on topic, sla

Bonobo monkey

Location hidden

#878 Feb 1, 2012
does "Wondering" know we are now "Oh MY"? He's seeing double as it is...proberly cateracts. He loves my banana
Bonobo Monkey

AOL

#879 Feb 1, 2012
ME LOOKING FOR GAY MATE,

Bonobo monkey

Location hidden

#880 Feb 1, 2012
Bonobo Monkey wrote:
ME LOOKING FOR GAY MATE,
from your lips to god's ears! sla is gay!(no surprise)
Sally Stickney

Newton, NH

#881 Mar 8, 2012
The first addresses on Andover Street 286, 296 were correct and can be verified through the City of Lowell Assessor's database. These I believe were Dr. Shaw's residences. Shaw Hospital proper was on East Merrimack Street and is now condominiums. My friend's mom used to drive us by there around Halloween and tell us scary stories; we were later afraid to drive by and at that point had been vacant for many years.
As far as another comment that East Merrimack separated Lower from Upper Belvedere, that would be Route 38 which is Nesmith and becomes Rogers Street.
CJ Moschetto

Lowell, MA

#882 Mar 10, 2012
Howdy! I am the founder/director of E.N.E.M.I.- Eastern New England Metaphysical Investigations based out of Lowell. We are always looking for some great locations to investigate, if anybody has any ideas please let us know. [email protected]
poovaloop

Tyngsboro, MA

#883 Mar 10, 2012
CJ Moschetto wrote:
Howdy! I am the founder/director of E.N.E.M.I.- Eastern New England Metaphysical Investigations based out of Lowell. We are always looking for some great locations to investigate, if anybody has any ideas please let us know. [email protected]
You could check out my apartment building. I know there's something going on with the pipes and the basement. The landlord is ALWAYS sending in people to repair.
paulie

Potsdam, NY

#884 Mar 17, 2012
ShawBirth1952 wrote:
<quoted text>
Shaw Hospital was a small private Hospital on ANDOVER STREET! East Merimac st. was the dividing line between Lower Belvedere and Belvedere, home of the Mill Barons.
around 1977 i grew up on wilder road they tore down a large mansion type house that was called the shaw hopital on andover street it was victorian and made of wood yellow it think i remember watching them tear it down using a wrecking ball all yree buildings were conected there was a stone wall on east merrimack that enclosed over grown gardens the castle on the ledt had alreadt been converterted into a single family home never saw who lived there but they had big dogs the one on right was empty played in it a lot bums would strip copper the dividing line is route 38
sherry

Brookline, MA

#885 Apr 15, 2012
ghost hunters wrote:
Went to Shed park, Lowell, MA. after midnight, park the car and walk around near the cemetary with some friends.
" Just to experience, to see if ghost exist "
Walk around with nothing but a flaslight. Nothing happen. We decided to back home. On the way out from the trail, between houses and the cemetary. I was the first lead. I slam the the brake cause a car flew by us from the right to left and then disappear. Stop the car and ask if the other cars behind us see a car went by us. They didnt see anything and wondered why I slammed the brakes. Wierd!
Should check it out! Use a Digital voice recorder. It works. Walk around there and ask questions to see if any spirits around. It works, heard it from this lil girl that got murdered there on holloween night at shed park years ago. Peoples went there and got the recording hearing a soft windy voice saying that she couldnt breathe...
Thats what the murderer did it to her.
And yeah they got the recording right where the crime was at.
Its sad and hope that murderer is already been caught so her spirit isnt still there so she can rest in peace and be somewhere peacefully in heaven.
i remember hearing about this story so sad. you will like to know the mentally ill man who had done it.. who worked at the mother hubbard dog food co. had hung himself in a tree behind the factory where he worked . right across the street from the park practically.i guess his guilty consions finally got to him.
DracutGirl

Brighton, MI

#886 Apr 22, 2012
The Edgerly House on Beacon in Christian Hill area..My aunts friend lived there about 20 yrs ago or so...i went in for 1 minute and got so scared i ran out of there...lol..super creepy
Ghost Buster

Tyngsboro, MA

#887 Apr 25, 2012
lowell girl wrote:
I'm surprise no one has said the cemetary off of Lawrence St where "Witch Bonney's" grave is. The story is that she was a witch that was hung during the witch trials, and she supposedly said before she died that she was going to come back an kill the family members of the people that condemmed her. They say that she is buried with a list of last names of the people who killed her. The ledgend says that when her dress falls below her breasts (her headstone is a huge statue of a female made of metal) those family members with those last names will die. They say that her dress slips down a little bit every year.
That's an Urban Legend with zero truth behind it. The sepulcher was purchased by the family in the 1880's, The witch trials were way back in 1692. Several members of the Bonney family, may they rest in Peace, are interred there. Clara Bonney, the woman that gets the dubious distinction as having been a witch. She was not hung, killed or "condemned" by anyone and she did not practice witchcraft. The statue atop the sepulcher is of the Virgin Mary in a hooded cloak with outstretched arms that people freak out over, seeing it at night (when the graveyard is closed to the public, I might add, when people have no business being in there) believing it to be a statute of the witch buried therein. In the first place people don't get statues of themselves put in cemeteries (unless they were celebrities; Jim Morrison, for example). The Virgin Mary statue has oxidized over the past hundred plus years and turned a shade of green much like the statue of Liberty has. Sorry folks, No such of a thing as a "Witch Bonney". Case Closed.

“Florida Retiree to you!”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#888 Apr 26, 2012
Ghost Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an Urban Legend with zero truth behind it. The sepulcher was purchased by the family in the 1880's, The witch trials were way back in 1692. Several members of the Bonney family, may they rest in Peace, are interred there. Clara Bonney, the woman that gets the dubious distinction as having been a witch. She was not hung, killed or "condemned" by anyone and she did not practice witchcraft. The statue atop the sepulcher is of the Virgin Mary in a hooded cloak with outstretched arms that people freak out over, seeing it at night (when the graveyard is closed to the public, I might add, when people have no business being in there) believing it to be a statute of the witch buried therein. In the first place people don't get statues of themselves put in cemeteries (unless they were celebrities; Jim Morrison, for example). The Virgin Mary statue has oxidized over the past hundred plus years and turned a shade of green much like the statue of Liberty has. Sorry folks, No such of a thing as a "Witch Bonney". Case Closed.
Pretty smug, eh? How do you know what goes on in the graveyard at night? Perv!
sla

AOL

#889 Apr 28, 2012
Matthew33771 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty smug, eh? How do you know what goes on in the graveyard at night? Perv!
What a joke a prevert calling someone a pervert.
Dance Mokey Dance.

Get to bed You need to get up early to go to the Met clinic fool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) 15 min Wondering 18,005
Billerica crim,e 70s 80s 90s (Jul '08) 4 hr bill 367
News Prostitution sweep nets at least nine arrests i... (Aug '09) 4 hr fred 269
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Mon Lowell 765
why do girls lie about being pregnant? (Apr '09) Aug 18 truthhurts 26
Review: Fenway Rooms (Sep '13) Aug 17 losermuch 4
News 'WE ARE HOSTAGES': Broken elevator leaves elder... (Aug '09) Aug 15 harambe 11

Lowell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lowell Mortgages