Where are Lowell's most haunted places?
Lowell

Billerica, MA

#822 Nov 20, 2010
Actually I found someone claiming "Freedom Woods" is the area behind Shedd Park and the Lowell Cemetery, which to me looks more like Fort Hill park. I'm sure there have been voices heard in the area, it's a hill surrounded by neighborhoods and sound travels...not sure about it being haunted but there has been at least one murder in that area that I'm aware of.
Lowell

Billerica, MA

#823 Nov 20, 2010
Stay tuned, I'll go take some pictures of Druid Hill, I live within walking distance...
claire smith

Redmond, WA

#824 Nov 20, 2010
lowell girl wrote:
I'm surprise no one has said the cemetary off of Lawrence St where "Witch Bonney's" grave is. The story is that she was a witch that was hung during the witch trials, and she supposedly said before she died that she was going to come back an kill the family members of the people that condemmed her. They say that she is buried with a list of last names of the people who killed her. The ledgend says that when her dress falls below her breasts (her headstone is a huge statue of a female made of metal) those family members with those last names will die. They say that her dress slips down a little bit every year.
do u know this for a fact it sounds like my team would love to invest. this cemetery ... do u all the facts or where we can get the facts about this bonnie

Since: May 09

Lowell, MA

#826 Nov 30, 2010
claire smith wrote:
<quoted text> do u know this for a fact it sounds like my team would love to invest. this cemetery ... do u all the facts or where we can get the facts about this bonnie
It is not true it's just local folklore that gets passed down gen to gen.

I heard the story and saw her statue one night from a friend of mine when we were teenagers. A small group of us went into the cemetary at night, stood in front of her statue as he told us the story. It's quite an interesting statue and as the story goes every year her "top" falls further down her chest and when it falls enough to expose her breast is when she will start seeking revenge on her tormentors and their families.

If you look earlier in this thread someone posted details about who "Witch Bonnie" really is.
Tree hugger

North Grafton, MA

#827 Dec 1, 2010
The woods behind what is now Lifecare Center in North Billerica is known to be very active for paranormal activity. Some unexplained occurances there were an a TV show years back. I'd love to check it out but I remember those woods as a kid and they truly scared the heck out of me then.

Also not quite as scary are the woods on Dudley Road in West Billerica. There is an old creepy house there that is sinking into the ground. Supposedly there is an old mental asylum there too but we never found it.

Now I live off varnum ave and walk in the LDT forest all the time year round. I don't get any weird or bad vibes there at all. It's very serene actually (except for the ATV's). It's only scary on a windy day when your not sure if your going to get killed by a tree branch falling on your head. The trees in the forest are huge and branches are always falling to the ground. It's shame the forest is not cared for at all. Many of the trees are now diseased and dying, debris is everywhere. There was a family of wild turkey's and baby chicks that have disappeared since D'youville nursing home started chopping down all those trees cutting right into the trails on the Lowell side.
ghost hunter

East Sandwich, MA

#829 Dec 3, 2010
LowellContrarian wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not true it's just local folklore that gets passed down gen to gen.
I heard the story and saw her statue one night from a friend of mine when we were teenagers. A small group of us went into the cemetary at night, stood in front of her statue as he told us the story. It's quite an interesting statue and as the story goes every year her "top" falls further down her chest and when it falls enough to expose her breast is when she will start seeking revenge on her tormentors and their families.
If you look earlier in this thread someone posted details about who "Witch Bonnie" really is.
who said this is not true??? I've gone to see Witch Bonnie i have taken pictures of her and when i look at the picture then look at her you can see that her dress is slowly falling down off her breast. I guess only time will tell now nowt it......
ghost hunter

East Sandwich, MA

#830 Dec 3, 2010
oops ment to say now wont it....
Mako

Haverhill, MA

#832 Dec 7, 2010
The Mangler wrote:
<quoted text>Say it to my face yellow-belly coward! I'll beat you unrecoginizable. People who believe in either ghosts or aliens are weirdos. They have wild imagination and they are losers. You need to be b1tch-slapped silly.
the bible and every other major religous book has some type of ghost story in it...maybe your just un-educated

Since: Aug 08

Lowell

#833 Dec 8, 2010
claire wrote:
<quoted text> so true I investigated that road and when we reviewed the digital photos we got orbs in every pic .. some pic had up to at least 5 orbs... mostly near the house that's buried to the 2nd flr.
Ive been there a few times and I can never seem to find that house. Where exactly is it?

Since: May 09

Lowell, MA

#835 Dec 11, 2010
ghost hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
who said this is not true??? I've gone to see Witch Bonnie i have taken pictures of her and when i look at the picture then look at her you can see that her dress is slowly falling down off her breast. I guess only time will tell now nowt it......
She's made of metal. The only way her dress is falling down is if acid rain is causing it.
name

East Sandwich, MA

#836 Dec 11, 2010
LowellContrarian wrote:
<quoted text>
She's made of metal. The only way her dress is falling down is if acid rain is causing it.
o right Lowell is always getting acid rain right
Dog

Hudson, NH

#837 Dec 11, 2010
the old SHAW HOSPITAL is on Andover St.....I know the guy that bought the house around 1998. He still lives there...back a few yrs before he bought it a lady bought it and she found a bunch of birth records put a article in the Lowell Sun if anybody would like the records you had to write to her with the name and birth dates of the babys names.. I got all my in laws paper work from there...Then a week after she started that she had to stop cuz people that were adotped were write to her for the paper work and she got in trouble for doing this cuz back in the day the adoption records were sealed and people were finding out there parents name...So who every said it was on Andover St was right,,Thats where it is....Every Halloween he has a big Halloween party...He found some pretty strange things in that house...
Jean disla Facebook me

Lowell, MA

#839 Dec 28, 2010
Ohm my school lccps at Jackson street Lowell downtown is likey to be haunted --- when I got detention my teacher left to get somsething I heard something and the door closed by it self ( it was not the wind) I really got scared. All of a sudden I heard footsteps i looked out the door and no one was there. " from now on I swear I won't get detention ever again" I said to my self
Brian S from lowell

Dracut, MA

#841 Jan 27, 2011
bob1979 wrote:
there is this place on stevens street that is haunted.dont really no where but there is a pink house and if you take a picture of it,you can see ghosts staring out the window.its really creepy.and the park off of westford street there is a place there also
Bob I was gonna post. I was seeing to see if anyone talked about the house I use to live. I beleive you might be. How do you know that house?? the house i use to live was very haunted and i heard it use to be an orphanage and ppl died there.The attic was terribly scary and some insane things happened there.

I lived there most of mylife from 4th grade til i was about 18 or 19. The address was 812 stevens st. It was one the corner of Steven and Albert. It was green and white but the new owners have done lots of renovating and they have painted it pink!!! Its been that color for years. Mabe ten years. Its about 5 houses from the chelmsford st intersection. The attic is the part that was most haunted. Is this the house you speak of????
[email protected]
in case i cant find your reply on here thats my email
In your pants

Cambridge, MA

#842 Jan 28, 2011
Thats wear!
Jake

United States

#844 Feb 4, 2011
Shaw Hospital - place is freekin possessed - lived 3 houses away on E Merrimack St - had seance same time as WLTI with white witch /- Sara - little girl murdered there was the link. Didn't know at the time but future mother-in-law "lost" a baby at Shaw Hospital. Stories of dried blood and noose are true. Research of city records by us LTI engineering geeks, designed to disprove the names that Sara gave us of other victims did the opposite - exact names from Seance were on record as to date of death and both exact match of first and family names. 40 years later still gives me nightmares - witch stopped seance when evil presence was trying to take control. Code of silence now been broken - thin veil - do not try to cross !!!
anti welfare breeders

Wilmington, MA

#845 Feb 10, 2011
Dave Stapleton wrote:
<quoted text>ok,yup
If you morons dont believe in ghosts than get the F!@#$% off this forum and stop ruining it for other people. you really are retarded arn't you? what are you 4 years old? you keep repeating the same moronic thing over and over. WE GET IT. You don't believe in ghosts! WE DONT CARE WHAT YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN! your an idiot. your an idiot your an idiot.
Karen

Tyngsboro, MA

#846 Feb 11, 2011
I'd say the neighborhood precincts.
Dr Rob

Tyngsboro, MA

#847 Feb 11, 2011
Kevin from Nashua wrote:
ok got the right thread now
I hung out in the christian hill area and the Edgerly house was suppose to be hunted. The house was right on the corner of beacon street and another that seems to slip my mind. I went to grammar school with the kid that lived there and supposedly his father killed him mother and they never found her head of something.
I don't believe in hauntings but the Edgerly story is true. F. Lee Baily was Edgerly's lawyer.
jen

Lowell, MA

#849 Feb 25, 2011
Life long Lowell Resident wrote:
I grew up on Kimball Ave. There were times when I was in bed laying down, there was this force that wouldn't let me move or say anything. I was trying so hard to sit up and yell out to my family but couldn't. I was told by others that I fell asleep with my eyes open. This happened to me twice. And there was a time I got woken up by something pokeing me on the back, again I couldn't move or say anything.
this has happened to me also, very scary. you cant move you try scream but you cant. it feels like something is holding me down and trying to suck the breath out of me.awful experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) 8 hr dingodevil 17,992
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) 18 hr Boston1966 763
News Filming of 'The Fighter' begins in Lowell (Jul '09) Mon Kittivers 5
What happened to Brenda Lacombe? Jul 22 Justice For All 3
News Inspired evolution of Billerica's Whiffle Tree Jul 19 hammerhead 1
News Westford neighbors demand action on rowdy Nasho... (Jul '10) Jul 14 Ghost of Tiki Pasr 234
Westford water ban and why isn't the town obser... Jul 13 runscottygrun 1

Lowell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lowell Mortgages