lowelllady

Lowell, MA

#571 Oct 9, 2008
SJones from Dracut wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah start walking down E Merrimack away from Saints hospital on the east side of nesmith street. Once you pass where stackpole street connects with east merrimack it's about 8 houses up on the right. There are actually 2 buildings side by side that are both pretty creepy looking. For the life of me I can't recall which one is Shaw Hospital (possibly they both were at one point). I believe it's right across the street \\from the new Apts/Condo's that were built along the river.
The first one was the one we used to scare each other in you could get in through the back. There was old hospital beds and operating tables and a cold as ice breeze comming from the basement.
Real spooky esp after a few beers.

Also the house behind them on Andover st the is being renovated was the sister also part of the hospital too. I believe it was a sister that lived in there. I did research paper in high school. The libary has the info on microfilm back then.
bonnie

Marlborough, MA

#572 Oct 17, 2008
I am still scarrred of Witch Bonnie

“Tis the season”

Since: Sep 08

USA

#573 Oct 17, 2008
I'd say all over the entire city. So many people have been murdered, their ghosts must be roaming the streets.

Since: Oct 08

Olathe, KS

#575 Oct 27, 2008
i am SO happy i found this forum! I live in Lowell and i LIVE for this stuff! I'm just reading it all, page after page! ahaha

Does anyone know the story on witch bonnie?

“ gone to a better place”

Since: Aug 08

Lowell, MA

#576 Oct 27, 2008
gobmeister wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish i could have sex with a nun
that's a bad habit to get into

“Do NOT Feed the Trolls!!!”

Since: Jul 08

Lowell MA

#577 Oct 27, 2008
rad grandad wrote:
<quoted text>
that's a bad habit to get into
Thats the convent-tional wisdom.....

Lowell, MA

#578 Oct 27, 2008
Lowering the Bar wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats the convent-tional wisdom.....
lol

Lowell, MA

#579 Oct 27, 2008
one might also say it's a tough habit to break
Boo

Lowell, MA

#580 Oct 27, 2008
- UPDATE -

Claypit Cemetery has been cleaned up and deforested, it looks completely different than it did in the summer. Not sure who was involved in the cleanup but good job!
Boo

Lowell, MA

#581 Oct 27, 2008
Before and After:

July 2008 - http://i33.tinypic.com/hrfnnl.jpg

October 2008 - http://i34.tinypic.com/27wrj42.jpg

There is more cleanup work to be done, removal of brush piles, raking/leveling of the new wide entrance, but what a difference...
lowell resident

Lowell, MA

#582 Oct 27, 2008
In the Middlesex Shelter, the television goes on and off on its own and changes channels at will. Many, while walking through the downstairs, have heard someone call out their name when no other living person were present.

Many have been awakened in the middle of the night by some unseen force violently shaking their beds or ripping the covers off of them! Some have also complained that someone tugged on their clothing or touched them but no one was near them when it happened!
Lowell - Lowell transitional Living Center (Middlesex Shelter)- The TV in the women area changes channels and goes on & off by itself. If you&#146;re downstairs alone you will sometimes hear your name called. While in the shower you can see a shadow walk by. Things disappear and will reappear days later in a different spot. While sleeping some have had their beds shaken and blankets pulled down. A few people, while watching TV, have had their shirts tugged at. And once in a while the lights will flicker on & off and radio dials will change on there own.

Lowell was a huge industrial city, consisting of many textile mills. However, the textile industry moved south in later years, and the city was left in ruins. Today there are several museums open to tourists, including a working mill and a girls' boarding house.

The Boott Cotton Mill Museum is supposedly haunted. Many people have seen apparitions roaming around the second floor, and sometimes unexplained footsteps are heard.

Lowell - Lowell National Park Boot Cotton Mill Museum - Was a cotton mill along time ago. Tourists and staff have reported seeing apportions of ghosts in the museum on the second floor.

Lowell - Daley Middle School - Downstairs (where Mrs. Moriarty Art Class is) is haunted.

It is said to be haunted from

Lowell - Dr.

An Wang School- There are reports of cries and missing items and a cold feeling in the library and bathrooms, some say from the spirits of the Native American burial ground the school is built on! Out back in the Dracut state forest there are reports of a b-ball hoop that&#146;s one sided to another world and a strange man back there and also the old military hospital sunk in the ground has been used by ghosts!

Lowell - Freedom Woods - Cries of adults and children are heard

Lowell - Lowell Memorial Auditorium - The building is about 100 years old and when it is late at night, there have been numerous accounts of doors slamming when no one is in that part of that building. It is said that their is ghost occupying a consession stand and tends to walk up and down the hallways late at night when only the box office employees are working.

There have been many accounts when patrons feeling someone tugging on their shirts during events!

Lowell - St. Margaret School - Reports of a ghost in the girls bathroom.

Lowell - Washington Street - Once Said to be a funeral home where they wake the dead bodies, Noises are heard pictures are thrown and Mirrors smash by themselves. Sights Of vanishing spirits call out names and appear mostly at night time.

Acton, MA

#583 Oct 28, 2008
Storyteller wrote:
Growing up in a multifamily hosue in Lowell, I always had a sense the house was "full". Even if I was alone in my room there was always a feeling that someone was there, watching me. I used to wake up in the middle of the night unable to move my limbs and I couldn't figure out why. I was terrified of the basement especially. Even when there was no one home, you could go down in the basement and hear faint organ music. I could never figure out where it was coming from, it seemed to be stronger in some spots but then it would move.
When I was in my teens I had a dream that I was digging in the basement with a small spade shovel and the blade of the shovel hit something. I started to dig but I was awakened. After school, my curiosity got the best of me and I went to the basement to dig in that spot. In about two minutes, my shovel hit something. I dug through the soil with my fingers and pulled up an old gold locket. I still have the locket to this day.
Wow! That's a crazy story, i have goosebumps! Where was the house located? Did you ever do any research to find out if anything had ever happened in the house?
her

Salem, MA

#584 Oct 28, 2008
Halloween always brings out the fun stories. I love this season. Fall is the best! Happy Halloween all!

Acton, MA

#585 Oct 28, 2008
ReadBetweenTheLines wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh love that show man... It tickles me inards !!!
Havent seen it on since what happen ?
I love that show too! I go over to my grandmothers on monday nights to watch new episodes with her!

Monday nights @ 10 channel 37 ( I believe) right after intervention
Concerned Citizen

Tewksbury, MA

#587 Oct 28, 2008
RE: Claypit Cemetery

A group of volunteers with help from the City of Lowell cleaned up the site, but there is much more to be done! The history is amazing:

http://www.primaryresearch.org/dracut/index.p...

I have been to the site many times and helped clean it up, and I can say there is a ghostly vibe that goes beyond the basic jitters from being in a cemetery.
Chelmsford

Lowell, MA

#588 Oct 28, 2008
It's at the town hall. The board of selectmen are pretty spooky. Also, Rose and Original from chelmweb are haunted.
Chelmsford fire

Lowell, MA

#589 Oct 28, 2008
Don't forget some of the white shirts are haunted too!!
Dracutplumber

Lowell, MA

#590 Oct 28, 2008
Yeah, for some reason Chelmsford is anti public safety. It is weird over there.

Since: Nov 08

Newburyport, MA

#592 Nov 1, 2008
Kevin from Nashua wrote:
ok got the right thread now
I hung out in the christian hill area and the Edgerly house was suppose to be hunted. The house was right on the corner of beacon street and another that seems to slip my mind. I went to grammar school with the kid that lived there and supposedly his father killed him mother and they never found her head of something.
I live right around the corner from that house.

There are so many places on Christian Hill that are haunted. I've lived in two. One on Myrtle street and another on 12th street.
Bruce

United States

#593 Dec 8, 2008
SJones from Dracut wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm. I remember the haunted house being at the former Shaw Hospital and it was in fact on E. Merrimac street. Some of the folks a lot older than I also identified the site as the former Shaw Hospital. But I did find another reference on the Web that the hospital was on Andover Street. So I wonder....
1) Since Shaw Hospital was nothing more than Dr. Shaw's personal residence which he operated as a hospital could it be that there were multiple hospitals? Maybe Dr. Shaw started on E. Merrimac St and then moved to Andover St once he became more prosperous?
2) Could the address of the building on East Merrimac street have been at one time Andover Street? If you look at the building from E. Merrimack it does look like it could have been the back of the building and not the front. It could have had a long driveway leading to it from Anover street back around the beginning of the 20th century when it would have been in operation?
Either case I'm fairly certain the building which today is on East Merrimack is Shaw Hospital. Wonder how we could know for sure?
I am the current owner of 386 Andover st. and have a sighn posted Andover st. Not sure when it became an east Merrimack adress

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Billerica crim,e 70s 80s 90s (Jul '08) 12 hr Melissa Perez 343
Freedom of Thought, Belief and Religion Fri Lightbearer 44
News Nationwide survey gives Westford 'top 100' brag... (Apr '09) Apr 22 Just saying 33
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) Apr 21 dingodevil 17,840
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Apr 21 ajs7421 716
Review: Acculocity Inc Apr 17 endworkslavery 1
News Tewksbury attorney disbarred again (Jan '11) Apr 11 Nellie 16
More from around the web

Lowell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]