How to prevent spread of swine flu

How to prevent spread of swine flu

There are 49 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Apr 28, 2009, titled How to prevent spread of swine flu. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it. n Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
town meeting

Dracut, MA

#43 Apr 28, 2009
Poulton was handling Chelmsford while Klemkiewicz was handling Groton.

Klemkiewicz was not going to drive the new $ 33,000 hybrid SUV delivered to her 3 weeks ago to Chelmsford town meeting and ask for $25,000 extra.

I hope they got the message, but they will just plot differently next time.
Dave

United States

#44 Apr 29, 2009
the snake Poulton wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam Poulton is the biggest piece of #($* Chelmsford has ever seen. I am embarrassed that he lives in this town. Sam, please go away. Retire somewhere that no one has to see you. Why do you sit on a School Committee that no one in your family attended?
Agreed....Dont forget who Sam Poulten is folks...hes the dope that put in the Lamplighter Green neighborhood...the most ridiculous looking neighborhood in town...Dont let him fool you...he doesnt care about the town, only cares about his wallet. If he cared about the character of Chelmsford, he never would have built that awful neighborhood.
Dave

United States

#45 Apr 29, 2009
Boz wrote:
I hope that means the kids from chelmsford don't get to continue to go to the Tech.
My town is a member town of Nashoba tech towns,and i refuse having my taxes taxes raised to accommodate those kids in Chelmsford!
I also hope that Chelmsford will not being putting on a Th of July parade this year with money so tight.
The parade is put on strictly through donations...get a clue before you make comments.
John

United States

#46 Apr 29, 2009
thinking wrote:
But are there any fees incurred by the Chelmsford students at the Tech like there are at the HS? If not, that is why the enrollment is going up. Parents are beginning to use Tech schools as "free" "Private Schools" and Tech schools are filling up with students who don't really need a tech education and are going on to college while the students who need a technical training for a job are being denied admission because of overcrowding.
I am certain you did not intend to insult anyone, but this is exactly the attitude that Bob Joyce was speaking about. What kind of student "needs" a technical education? What kind doesn't?
Strategery

Montgomery, AL

#47 Apr 29, 2009
If every department in town is bleeding from a gushing wound because its budget is being slashed, why would you prioritze your funds to take care of the department (or in this case NVT) that has the paper cut? It has nothing to do with Nashoba vs. CPS and everything to do with priorities. That money is only going to pay down the eventual deficit that's coming anyway because everyone knows the money situation is only getting worse. This is just another case of a department trying to hold on to its piece of the pie. Everyone has a case about why their budget should be saved - get over it and take a look around.
Clark Kent

Grand Rapids, MI

#48 Apr 29, 2009
Sir Wastalot wrote:
Mrs. Dedonato made ONE good point. "If you are confident you are getting stimulus money, then borrow from yourselves, not the towns"
If she left it there and didn't try to embarrass the town manager she would have been much more effective. The rest was completely unneccesary
But... If Mrs.DeDonato stated the facts on her own she would have been called a liar who didn't have her facts straight.

Getting the Town manager to state the facts for her was a good move.
Sir Wastalot

Chelmsford, MA

#49 Apr 29, 2009
Clark Kent wrote:
<quoted text>
But... If Mrs.DeDonato stated the facts on her own she would have been called a liar who didn't have her facts straight.
Getting the Town manager to state the facts for her was a good move.
We will respectfully disagree........bottom line, a 2 1/2 hour discussion should have taken 15 minutes
Bernie

United States

#50 Apr 30, 2009
Given that there was absolutely no discussion of spending over $600,000 on football seats, press boxes and beutifying the facade of Chelmsford High, perhaps 2 1/2 seconds would have been adequate.
keo

Clockville, NY

#51 May 2, 2009
The FBI wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Donald Duck, are you the Imperial Wizard of the KKK?.... The word is out that you are.
Its Goofy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should an uninsured driver from NH be allowed t... (Aug '08) Fri Umm23 113
News Plethora of pollen blamed on erratic weather pa... Jun 22 Buzz Lightyear 3
Section 8 Fraud (Sep '08) Jun 18 Emily 336
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Jun 16 Linda 759
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) Jun 14 Wondering 17,972
News Lowell school budget cuts loom (May '10) Jun 10 Wondering 34
Just Saying Jun 10 Wondering 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lowell Mortgages