High on Crack Street
For real

Carpentersville, IL

#136 Jul 27, 2012
This Docu On CrackleCom wrote:
You can watch this movie for free on Crackle.com
I watched these people & Brenda was quite pathetic. Her attitude, her foul mouth, not one single ounce of class, couthe, tricking herself out for crack & did it w a smile. She spoke of terminating the pregnancy by burning her 22 wk unborn baby w saline solution & spoke about it as if she were speaking about the weather. She couldnt bring herself to terminate the pregnancy & yet, smoked crack & shot up heroin & speedballs while pregnant. She was the apitomy of a toothless, crack smokin, leg spreadin, disease ridden, lot-lizard & PURE TRASH! She carried herself as an easy disease ridden 6-pack Sally & died of an drug overdose. How shocking! I think I might have a heart attack over that surprise.
She was a filthy human being. The way she talked about that unborn child was disgusting. Not a care in the world but getting high. My own mother was doing this for about ten years and although she may have been lucky to clean up herself even cracked out she still had morals and a heart. This woman was rooted with no sense or moral whatsoever.
Anonymous

Somersworth, NH

#137 Jul 28, 2012
daisy-may wrote:
i heard about the new case on Mickey Ward.Dam isn't he getting alittle to old to be getting into trouble.What is his brother's first name I know the last name is Eckland
Daisy-May, I have got a kick out of the comments a few had made to your question. But I can help you if you would like to know more. for now i will tell you that Bo Bo is infact called "Boo Boo" the focus of the documentry"High on Crack Street" Fillmed in Lowell and also was shot in real time as it played out.It is on drug abuse in Lowell,Ma.and what adicts would due to get "HIGH" with cocaine/crack. Nothing to due with a street called High Street! Dicky Eckland a great fighter and the brother of profetional fighter Mickey Ward.Dicky was the star of the documentry "High on Crack Street.The movie "The Fighter" was reflecting with great accuracy times of Micky Ward including but not limited to his brother dicky and friend Boo Boo if you look at the end of the movie you will see all the real people including in a cameo from All Ramallo who was also my trainer in the my early days of boxing career in Lowell, Ma. Hope it helps you out a bit?
Kaidi

Tallinn, Estonia

#138 Nov 27, 2012
Boo boo(Gary Giuffrida)is alive but got in trouble in 22 november in 2012 stealing credit cards from gym . He is 58 years old now .Drugs are from devil !! without them everybodys life would be better . it is so sad :( brings tears in my eyes....
mark

Magherafelt, UK

#139 Dec 9, 2012
hey just watched the doc does anyone know if boo boo is still alive and if so clean?
ronone

Masontown, PA

#140 Dec 10, 2012
youtube.com/watch... …… Drugs are legal and unpredictable
Frank

Windham, NH

#141 Jan 13, 2013
mark wrote:
hey just watched the doc does anyone know if boo boo is still alive and if so clean?
He was just arrested in Belmont NH for theft.
New Hampshire

Bow, NH

#142 Feb 19, 2013
So, did anyone ever figure out Brenda's last name? Curious about what happened to the child. I wonder if the child would even still be alive? If Boo Boo had HIV/AIDS he most likely gave it to Brenda (or vice versa) and that being the case, the child may have been born with AIDS or HIV. Back then the survival rate with HIV/Aids wasn't what it is today.
Stating the Obvious

Campbellsville, KY

#143 Feb 26, 2013
New Hampshire wrote:
So, did anyone ever figure out Brenda's last name? Curious about what happened to the child. I wonder if the child would even still be alive? If Boo Boo had HIV/AIDS he most likely gave it to Brenda (or vice versa) and that being the case, the child may have been born with AIDS or HIV. Back then the survival rate with HIV/Aids wasn't what it is today.
Thank you for asking what should have been the most obvious questions throughout the whole internet search I've seen so far. I was wondering myself, wouldn't it have made sense she caught HIV after seeing her shooting up and still being with him. When she delivered, because of her history, dr's would have checked to see if she had it and no doubt her baby. Maybe the baby didn't get it though, not all fetuses contract it but then again, it's anyone's guess. I don't see her living responsibly even if she did survive. For one, she would have been ridiculed if she still stayed anyone near the area by anyone who would have seen the film. She would have had some shame I think. She was cold-hearted but she wasn't heartless because she did shed some tears talking about murdering her unborn child, before she appeared more detached and demented as time went on during filming. Each time she had another shocking metaphor about going through with her abortion. Regardless of how she lived, she didn't walk herself through all that hell alone. Anyone who did drugs with her, gave them to her, gave her money, allowed her to do drugs in their house, had equal share in turning a blind eye to what she was doing and seeing her belly get bigger and bigger. I hope that there could have been some kind of good outcome for the baby. When she gave birth she would have had time to face reality for a time and there would have been someone in the healthcare profession who possibly told her giving her child up and giving it a chance after all she had done her entire pregnancy was the right thing to do. Maybe, who knows? There is so many stories as to what happened to her and no sources to back it up. I truly hope that if she did die soon after, that she had time to ask forgiveness and reflect on how her life could have been different. But maybe we are all just writing the type of outcome we would like to have seen. I think her story went back way further than when they started filming. A lot is to be said of a mother forcing her 15 year old daughter to abort. We can all draw our own conclusions. Let's just remember that she once was someone with dreams as was everyone else with a life addicted to drugs. My own sister died from drugs at the age of 25 and all her family can do is ask why? She had so many secrets and so many demons she tried to run from. It is a tragedy for everyone around it. No one escapes without some kind of memory they would like to forget. We all just happen to have different methods of coping.
Jillian

Brookline, MA

#144 Mar 25, 2013
looks like Boo Boo has court this Monday!

http://www.lowellsun.com/todaysheadlines/ci_2...
New Hampshire

Concord, NH

#145 Apr 7, 2013
Another observation about the documentary and Brenda, she never looked pregnant. I mean, toward the end of the film, when she was going for her ultrasound and she was supposedly 5 months pregnant she didn't look pregnant. Her stomach did not protrude at all. And the final scene with Brenda where she's sitting on Michael couch and the producer asked her about what was going on and she says "Yup, I f#$%d up." then she giggled, she still didn't look pregnant. Am I the only one who noticed this?
Lyonsy

UK

#146 Apr 8, 2013
I have to say i felt sorry for Boo Boo, he was the guy who scored the drugs, Dickie & Brenda smoked them on him and then left him high & dry & by himself, he seemed like a likable big guy i hope he's still alive and well, I'd say that dirty ole tramp Brenda probably gave him HIV & thats why she didn't want him knowing where she was!
Rick

United States

#147 Apr 9, 2013
i was either queen or smith sts
LadyLivinOnThaEd ge

London, UK

#148 Apr 12, 2013
I 2 watched this documentry and felt so sorry for them but disgusted at the same time!!!
.Wanna know what happened to her baby did she have it before she died ?? Oh well I guess we shall never know ..........
New Hampshire

Concord, NH

#149 Apr 12, 2013
LadyLivinOnThaEdge wrote:
I 2 watched this documentry and felt so sorry for them but disgusted at the same time!!!
.Wanna know what happened to her baby did she have it before she died ?? Oh well I guess we shall never know ..........
She did have the baby. It was in the movie, when Boo Boo was looking for her, the police called him in and told she had been found but she didn't want Boo Boo to know where she was. The police officer told him she had the baby but didn't know if it was a boy or a girl.
Yogi Bear Hey Boo Boo

Boone, NC

#150 Apr 27, 2013
Boo Boo is still running wild in Lowell and NH. In January 2013 he was charged with stealing a bass guitar and Eucharist bowls from a church in NH. His real name is Gary Giuffrida.
Brenda has been dead for almost 20 years now. Her habit progressed to heroine addiction (as did Boo Boo's) and she OD'ed while trying to keep warm in a MBTA stairwell in Cambridge.
Supposedly, Dickie's still doing well, training young fighters at his brother's gym.
Pawtucketville Paul

Lowell, MA

#151 Jun 9, 2013
Tony wrote:
This is similiar to an HBO mini-series from Baltimore called "The corner". When I first read the title I thought maybe it was reversed on purpose and was supposed to mean Crack on High St.
Chelmsford Kid- do you mean difference for the better or worse?The Lower Highlands are pretty bad now.
What do you mean by pretty bad? Granted your post is from 2008, but the whole city has become somewhat gentrified, yeah theres a few 'ladies of the night' but there isn't nearly as many junkies in the Highlands (all of Lowell really) as there was back then.
toot

UK

#152 Jul 26, 2013
So what was brendas last name?
toot

UK

#153 Jul 26, 2013
And how did she really die
LisaNH

Concord, NH

#154 Jul 26, 2013
toot wrote:
And how did she really die
According to the domentary she died of a heroine overdose. I had read somewhere (maybe here?) that the director of the film was the one who did the identification at the morgue. A former student of his said that he had said in a class he taught.

I would still like to know Brenda's last name. It's hard to believe with all the info on the Internet that finding her last name or her final resting place is so hard to obtain.
Sandy

Horst, Netherlands

#155 Sep 26, 2013
What happened to Brenda? Did she overdose or was she murdered? Damn, it's so sad, she didn't appear that bad. Ok, she was a hardcore user, but she was not retarded. I'm sorry she didn't make it. I'm also an ex-addict, so it really got to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) 8 hr Highlands Guy 18,007
Billerica crim,e 70s 80s 90s (Jul '08) Aug 24 bill 367
News Prostitution sweep nets at least nine arrests i... (Aug '09) Aug 24 fred 269
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Aug 22 Lowell 765
News Westford neighbors demand action on rowdy Nasho... (Jul '10) Aug 18 Cher 235
why do girls lie about being pregnant? (Apr '09) Aug 18 truthhurts 26
Review: Fenway Rooms (Sep '13) Aug 17 losermuch 4

Lowell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lowell Mortgages