Farmington on list of fastest shrinking cities

Apr 23, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KOB-TV New Mexico

Population growth has been a problem in New Mexico in the last few years, but a recent study found Farmington to be the second fastest shrinking city in the entire country and local businesses are feeling the pinch.

Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Jun 20, 2014
Sand

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

This area is made up of backward regressives with no vision of the future.
Which

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

Sand wrote:
This area is made up of backward regressives with no vision of the future.
seems to be a growing demographic elsewhere.
observed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

Aztec is worse. The city government has no consideration for its citizens. If the city wants something they offer the landowners pennies for it. What an armpit of a place.
Sand

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

Which wrote:
<quoted text>
seems to be a growing demographic elsewhere.
But......it's part of what ails this area. The ignorance is simply astounding.
BillyGanny

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

Judged:

I've lived here for six or seven years now. I rue the day I bought property here. I pray for the day there is another boom and I can sell my overpriced home to some other fool and move back to some sane part of the country.
Sand

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

BillyGanny wrote:
I've lived here for six or seven years now. I rue the day I bought property here. I pray for the day there is another boom and I can sell my overpriced home to some other fool and move back to some sane part of the country.
Yes, living is harsh here. The population is incredibly ignorant. Considering what the area has to offer, the cost of living is high. Night life is nonexistent. Not one good restaurant to be found. The school district is failing.

Miserable place.
Sand

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

I must add, shopping is a joke and very frustrating. No choices and some products cannot be found in the entire town.
Hole

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Funniest thing about this shit hole is all the people who think they are really important. Get a grip on reality and get over yourself. The baseball fanatics are the worst.
Sand

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Hole wrote:
Funniest thing about this shit hole is all the people who think they are really important. Get a grip on reality and get over yourself. The baseball fanatics are the worst.
Lol. I know.

Every place has them, but this bunch around here are such jokes--ignorant rednecks, just like the rest of the place.
Ray

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2014

Hope the racism there shrinks too. The less hillbilly rednecks the better. No way i'm ever moving back there.
Getter-Done

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2014

You all bashing Farmington have professional occupations? Just curious ???
Done and Gone

Pleasant Grove, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2014

Getter-Done wrote:
You all bashing Farmington have professional occupations? Just curious ???
I haven't bashed yet. But I wasn't impressed with what Farmington had to offer for the years I was there. For many of the reasons listed above, this professional left.
Getter-Done

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2014

Done and Gone wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't bashed yet. But I wasn't impressed with what Farmington had to offer for the years I was there. For many of the reasons listed above, this professional left.
That's fair enough..., For a medium sized town it's not bad for raising a family. It's whatever makes you happy...
Sand

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2014

Judged:

Getter-Done wrote:
<quoted text>
That's fair enough..., For a medium sized town it's not bad for raising a family. It's whatever makes you happy...
I suppose this could be considered a medium-sized town since it falls with population parameters of 20,000 to 200,000 ( which some consider the criteria), but the numbers are secondary to everything else the place is lacking. Farmington does not have the feel of anything but a small, redneck town, with virtually nothing to redeem itself (along with the hick- like attitudes).

Since living here, I've noticed that those who've never (or rarely) lived elsewhere seem oblivious to the harshness and lacking in the area. To others, having moved here for various reasons, it is glaringly deficient in so many ways.

I'm a professional, leaving the area next year, simply because it is unpleasant in all the ways mentioned in this thread.
the truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

The comments here hit the nail on the head. Besides hurricane force winds everyday, a rundown, dirty town. Drunk navasloes passed out on the sidewalk, no night life or shopping, no where to go and nothing to do and the dumbest people on earth....it's a great place to live. The only people who like farmtown, are from farmtown. They have never seen civilization before. The intelligent people from civilization flee as soon as they get here.....back to civilization.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

the truth wrote:
The comments here hit the nail on the head. Besides hurricane force winds everyday, a rundown, dirty town. Drunk navasloes passed out on the sidewalk, no night life or shopping, no where to go and nothing to do and the dumbest people on earth....it's a great place to live. The only people who like farmtown, are from farmtown. They have never seen civilization before. The intelligent people from civilization flee as soon as they get here.....back to civilization.
You forgot the white trailer trash meth-heads over on crouch Mesa .
Sand

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Subutai wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot the white trailer trash meth-heads over on crouch Mesa .

....and the "WHITES" passed out drunk on the streets.
the truth

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Yeah, ur right about the white trash meth heads, but they are in the county.
I forgot about the chicks in farmtown, lucky to see one below 2 bills. And forgot about the drivers, worst in the country.....Mr. Magoo driving in town.

Stay in farmtown, the rest of the counrty is a little 2 fast for ya! Plus we don't want farmtowners poisoning civilization.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lovington Discussions

Search the Lovington Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Say it in six words (Jul '08) 35 min Richies Cool Man Diary 8,450
narcs (Aug '11) 7 hr elizabeth rameriz 3
LCCF Geo Group Correctional Facility Corruption (Dec '13) Jul 12 izzyright 3
Carlsbad animal shelter euthanizes half of its ... (Jan '14) Jul 12 Che 43
Chris Hood Jul 1 OLD Friend 1
Review: Cherryberry Jun 30 Alexandria 1
Carrizozo swears in a new chief of police - Rui... (Nov '08) Jun '14 Angelique 1,623
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lovington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lovington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••